[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i find a job? I tried looking online but there isnt really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: kraftwerk.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kraftwerk.jpg
584 KB, 1920x1080
How do i find a job? I tried looking online but there isnt really anything being advertised that i would be suited for. I'm just looking for some low skill retail shit. Do i just go into every business in my local area and ask if they are hiring? The only job i've ever had i applied for online so i don't know how any of this works.
>>
bump pls
original
>>
>>28929065
Hey anon.
Yeah, it can be sort of confusing to get into.
What you need to do is write up a solid resume, and then go into the stores you'd work in and ask to speak to a manager.
Shake their hand, give them your resume, seem professional. Make sure you're dressed casually but nicely. Clean cut, shaven, clean clothes, etc.
Do this 100 times until somebody calls you in for an interview.
It's also a good idea to tailor your resume to the places you're applying to, like if it's a retail clothing store list strengths that would apply better to that.
If it's an electronics store you should write about your strengths in working with technology and any topics you're knowledgeable about.
>>
what if your resume is empty
also what if you have a beard?
>>
A R M Y
R
M
Y

J O I N
O
I
N
>>
>>28929065
Just apply for like entry level job like a cashier or something similar. Those kinds of jobs wont always be advertised online and such, simply due to the sheer volume of applicants.
>>
>>28930984
Where do i apply for such a job
>>
>>28931021
places like walgreens pharmacy or cvs or whatever chain pharmacy is in your area local grocery stores and box stores like walmart/sams club those are probably the best thing to start padding your resume with volunteer somewhere that kind of relates to one of your interests
>>
>>28929065
Two options that have worked for me in getting good jobs:

1. Lie about everything
Just make up unverifiable stuff about experience, like I said I had worked at a local business for a couple of years that had gone bankrupt so they couldn't call to check.

2. Nepotism
I got hired at my current awesome job by a relative, the job is pretty much perfect for a robot and I plan on keeping it a long time.

option 2 is easier but obviously you are limited by your family.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.