[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/ This might not be the most interesting thread, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (22 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22 KB, 443x332
Hey /r9k/

This might not be the most interesting thread, but I need help

>i am 20
>seeing a girl for 8 months, first real relationship
>she broke it off last week because she simply wasn't feeling it anymore, and she met someone else
>I don't blame her for this, because you can't blame someone for losing their feelings
>I don't have many friends, so we both still wanna stay friends and do stuff
>our interactions aren't awkward or very different, but are a lot less common now
>crippling loneliness because I spent most of my time with her

Wtf do I do to get over this? I'm currently jobless, live in a rural area, don't have a lot of money, and ive always had a crippling lack of motivation.

I doubt this will get many replies, but I was hoping to get the insight of robots who have gone through similar things. Every website I look at just says shit like "LOL JUST GO OUT WITH FRIENDS" and "PICK UP SOME CHICKS"

>pic unrelated
>>
>>28928618
>PICK UP SOME CHICKS

People tell you this because it is the best advice you're going to get. Your friendship to her will cause problems sooner or later just because of your history.

The best advice that people can give you is to either learn how to do fun stuff on your own (going out, sports etc.), or to find a way of meeting new platonic friends or potential hook-ups/ gfs. Chances are that if you manage to get yourself out of the house you might make at least acquaintances with people your age.
>>
>>28928678
>Your friendship to her will cause problems sooner or later just because of your history.

tbqh senpai, this will only be a problem until I can meet someone new and focus on them. When I start over with someone new, it will kill any feelings I have for my ex and we really can be friends.

I'm not really the kind to pick up chicks; I have no game. I would love to find a way to meet new friends, and network that way.

My Facebook has been disabled for about 6 months, would it be beneficial to get it back?
>>
you shouldn't spend any time with or waste any energy on former lovers.

and if you want a real wake up call, a woman who will sleep with a man and move on to another months later is not much of a woman, and for you to be ok with that and still want to be around her means you're not much of a man.

you should reflect on why you need to be with shitty people and why you're such a wimp, and ya someone as confused and aimless and cucked out as you would benefit from a little wageslavery and pocket cash.
>>
>>28928773
>it will kill any feelings I have for my ex and we really can be friends.

It might work out but this isn't only your call. Her current or a future partner of her could be against the two oy ou being friends, or your next gf might oppose your friendship to your ex etc.

>>28928773
>I'm not really the kind to pick up chicks; I have no game. I would love to find a way to meet new friends, and network that way.
>My Facebook has been disabled for about 6 months, would it be beneficial to get it back?

Do you still have old friends in your life you've simply haven't talked to in a while? You could try reconnecting to them. Try meeting for a drink and be open-minded to new activities.

If that isn't an option, try becoming a regular at a nice bar or something. Even if you only have the money for one or two visits a week, you could end up talking to other regulars and eventually start running in to them somewhere else. At some point either they will invite you to a party/hanging-out together or you could ask if it's okay to come when they talk about plans for the weekend etc.

If everything else fails, you could always try joining a club, as cliche as that might sound.

I guess you'll need favebook because most people only call close friends. Whenever my buddies invite loose acquaintances they make a group/event thingy on facebook and send invites through it.
>>
>>28928930
>one or two visits a week

*a month

Even though it's better to visit more frequently.
>>
>>28928903
We got together in the first place because we were so similar and we totally clicked. She started suffering from depression, and while I stuck around, it changed her and the way she thought. I guess things were just getting stale for her. I don't think being empathetic makes me a wimp; I just want to take steps to make myself happy right now. not interested in blaming.

Also, I'm looking for a job, but the rural area I live in is really limiting. Plus, the motivation thing

>>28928930
I have old friends and I talk to them sometimes, but they're just like me; social dead ends. They're nice enough, but theyre not heading anywhere in terms of networking. I think I'll activate my facebook and see how I find it, and if I find use for it.
>>
>>28929139
>but they're just like me; social dead ends

It might be still easier to do something new with another friend, especially if you're otherwise having problems motiviating yourself. Unless of course, you can't open up to strangers if your with your old friends. If you go out in a group, it is important to distance yourself from your friends every once in a while and try getting into conversations with strangers.
>>
>>28929333
Thanks, I might try that. I'm under a lot of pressure with the job search, which is really stressing me out (to the point where I'm unable to do a lot of things), so it's unfortunate that this had to happen now. I don't really have anybody to talk about this kinda stuff with now that her and I aren't speaking as much, so thanks for your replies friend, I wish you happy days and qt gfs
>>
>>28928618
Get some cocaine.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.