[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Family members argue for a bit somewhere else in the house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1444074862137.jpg (232 KB, 538x785) Image search: [Google]
1444074862137.jpg
232 KB, 538x785
>Family members argue for a bit somewhere else in the house
>Spend the next hour in terror and anxiety
How do I stop this?
>>
Only an hour, colour me impressed
>>
i don't think there really is a way to stop it. maybe after time you'll accustom but i doubt it, i never did.
>>
>>28927971
When I was younger I used to have horrible episodes. I was managing to cope well for a while but it's slowly been getting worse and worse again.

>>28927991
Is it yelling inside the house for you too?
>>
File: 1457222444_1.jpg (197 KB, 665x701) Image search: [Google]
1457222444_1.jpg
197 KB, 665x701
>living with a bunch of family members in a small apartment
>they argue, shout, shit at each other EVERY DAY
>sometimes they even fight with you when you leave your room
>all this from my early childhood to this days
>have mental problems
>hate them all and told them about it countless times
>>
>>28928215
Even if you moved out you'd still be affected by noises probably. We're fucked for life.
>>
>>28928192
just any kind of arguing sets me off. i don't react like you but i but it certainly makes me uncomfortable. it was worse when i was younger but it's gotten better.
>>
>>28928492
i mean to say the arguing was a lot more violent and loud. that's what's gotten better, not my reaction to it.
>>
>>28928492
>>28928541
Have you ever seen a shrink?
I've been thinking about it, but the last time I tried I was humiliated horribly.
>>
>>28928558
no, i've never been to a shrink.
>>
>>28928492
>just any kind of arguing sets me off.

Same. I can't even watch a lot of tv shows or movies because even when it's fictional it's always too intense and just reminds me of when my family argued so it's hard for me to handle (most of what I watch are light-hearted cartoons).

Whenever I ask people how to cure this, people just say for me to "stop being a pussy faggot" or something, but I don't know how. I've tried to just only watch shows like The Sopranos or Oz in the hopes that eventually I'll tolerate it and stop feeling uncomfortable or, at times, physically sick, but that really didn't work. I don't even like to type the names of those shows in because I'm still traumatised by certain scenes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.