[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you're not seeing the bottom half of the stick below the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1446245410309.jpg (349 KB, 1279x1704) Image search: [Google]
1446245410309.jpg
349 KB, 1279x1704
you're not seeing the bottom half of the stick below the water rather the illusion of a bent stic occurs because the upper half of the stick appears to be joined to the lower half, when in reality he lower half is nothing more than an image displayed on the surface of the water. the stick actualy below the water is noumenal, you don't even know it exists below the surface
>>
>>28926345
have some more ketamine, pillhead
>>
File: Glass thoughts.png (142 KB, 1364x728) Image search: [Google]
Glass thoughts.png
142 KB, 1364x728
I am writing this because I am a faggot loser blox
>>
KET DEALER
>>
>>28926345
Why would you make any philosophical distinction between glass and the air around you? That's just silly. If you say that the things behind the glass are noumenal so should all the things that you see through air be. Also, so what if it's just a projection that works all the time and obeys all the laws of optics? Then it's by all means equivalent to a transparent thing.
Pls study optics senpai
>>
>>28926639
because glass is a solid object you can't walk through

I understand optics, and it has nothing to do with phenomenology

check out heideggers noion of 'being in the world' stop subscribing to this scientismesque notion of the world being this exact thing described by our physical theories

physical theories merely perform explanatory and predictive functions of our experience, not ontology lol
>>
>>28926865
Hey, sorry, I almost forgot about this thread. If you're still around and are legitimately interested in this I can look into it and have a discussion. I'm not too familiar with Heidegger's phenomenology, but why would there be any philosophical distinction between stuff that you can walk through and stuff that you can't? Where does this place water, that you can walk through?
>>
because you never actually see anything, your eyes are just interpreting the photons bouncing off of everything else at various wavelengths.

this is then processed by your brain and interpreted in a certain way, with lots of information being filtered. people have been known to not notice things right in front of them because their brain filtered them out, or because their brain cheated and used earlier processed information to fill in the gaps to save effort.

your thoughts on glass are the ravings of a lunatic. if you're saying that because glass distorts what is on the other side means we can't know what's actually on the other side, I guess you're right. but it doesn't matter and has no bearing on how the world works. so you're wasting your time thinking about stupid bullshit.
>>
>>28928212
>because you never actually see anything

honestly stopped reading there
>>
So

Some science says that you live slightly in the past.

There is no reason to get claustrophobic about shit. But its fun to think about it.

Like how there are no solid or flat objects because if the space inbetween atoms and covalient bonds.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.