[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lonely/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12
File: 1460811841739.jpg (137 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460811841739.jpg
137 KB, 400x400
Who /lonely/ here?

Why are you so alone?
Do you prefer being alone?
Would you like someone to talk to?
>>
>Why are you so alone?
Because I'm repulsive and can tell people don't like being around me
>Do you prefer being alone?
Sort of
>Would you like someone to talk to?
Nah, talking is tiring
>>
>>28926202

>Because I'm repulsive and can tell people don't like being around me

How so?
>>
because im lonely
sometimes
only if they lead the conversation
>>
>Why are you so alone?
I'm not good at holding conversations and I get intimidated by people even people here
Sometimes, but I usually crave human interaction
Yes
>>
>>28926263

Have you been lonely all your life?

>>28926321

>Sometimes, but I usually crave human interaction

I've been feeling this more and more myself.

What kind of things are you interested in?
>>
Any weebs here want to be friends?
>>
>>28926363
That's one of my issues, I don't feel like I have any interests. When I like something I'll like it for a quick moment and then go onto liking something else. I don't enjoy anything long enough for it to be considered an interest.
>>
i think i'm a latent schizophrenic
>>
fine fuck you
>Why are you so alone?
live in small town, all friends moved away

No.

Yes.
>>
>>28926177
>Why are you so alone?
Because I'm always at home. I stopped hanging out with my friends so they kinda forgot about me.
No
Yes
>>
>>28926569
yeah I hate answering "what are your hobbies"
>>
>>28926569

I guess it was a bad question to start with in general.

What do your spend your days doing?
Do you play any vidya?
>>
lets have a discord sever called "R9k SERVER #43"

we won't be the first, we won't be the last, but it'll be for everyone in this thread today
>>
>>28926569
this.
will go through phases for like a week. will stop because feel i am forcing and not enjoying.
>tfw find a song you really like
>'hey anon, plug in your music player! *hands you the AUX*
>they like the song and start commenting on it
>get home and delete song off your player
>everytime you hear that song, it reminds you of what they said of it.

am lonely because i just consume media and have nothing to offer.
>>
At age 22 I'm done trying to make internet friends because they all leave after a year tops
>>
>>28926626
>what are your hobbies, anon?
>sleeping and playing video games
>>
>Why are you so alone?
Completely isolated at home because I can't drive for the time being. Have also developed severe social anxiety and fear of being rejected.
Occasionally, yes, but it has been such a long time since I've had friends that I am starting to feel sort of empty.
Absolutely, and /r9k/ seems like a place where vulnerable people like me exist in mass quantities, but I am a female and no matter what I do, potential friends here seem to assume I have nefarious ulterior motives. I don't know what to do or how to be better but I'm giving up.
>>
>>28926667
I jack off, watch half an anime and get bored, play 20 minutes of a videogame, then I go on my bed and fantasize about having a GF for the rest of the day
>>
>>28926671
a/s/l, I'll marry you right now if you want
>>
>>28926692
>tfw so lonely you would marry someone
>no-one in kentucky
>>
>>28926671

I've talked to several females from /r9k/ and have never once made that assumption. There are some good people here but they're hard to find.

If you want to chat throw me your throwaway.
>>
>>28926692
>>28926692
19/f/usa
I am so anxious and withdrawn even the idea of engaging in romantic relationships seems like too much for me to handle. I would love to be friends, but I worry that you (anyone) may come to think I'm psychopathic/evil inevitable. What if I am?
>>
>>28926638
More recently I've just been re arranging my room and cleaning my house. Everytime I look at something in my house it looks like a mess so I redo it.
As for vidya and anime, I've been watching Turn-A Gundam and I only really play Civ 5 right now.
>>
>>28926713
I am literally in Kentucky... do you have a skype?
>>
>>28926738
are you a weeb? i'll add ya if you are
>>
>>28926738
why would people come to think that, though? there must be some reason
>>
>>28926750
skype; motivat10n

i have webcam/mic.
26/m
>>
>>28926744

Do you live by yourself?

I'm not a huge fan of anime but I can appreciate the vidya. It's been a while since I last played Civ 5. What have you played/enjoyed in the past?
>>
>>28926713
Move to Prague with me.
>>
>>28926744
what area are ye in?
>>
>>28926817
i posted me skype.
talk to me on that.
>>
>>28926177
>Why are you so alone?
I'm embarrassingly bad at social situations involving new people. It takes me a long time to warm up to someone new. I'm alone now mostly because I cut ties with friends after I left school because they never really understood me and why I am so quiet sometimes.

At times, yes. But I would like another person or two that I could relate to. It's tough getting through the hard parts of life when not even your parents understand what you go through.

Yes.
>>
File: CjpYV9YUgAAz01v.jpg large.jpg (40 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
CjpYV9YUgAAz01v.jpg large.jpg
40 KB, 800x600
>>28926782
picture just incase.
>>
>>28926822
I'm on the east coast.
>>
File: SrhOu4znWJ4_xrtY.jpg (70 KB, 382x480) Image search: [Google]
SrhOu4znWJ4_xrtY.jpg
70 KB, 382x480
>>28926782
>/m
GAY GAY GO AWAY
>>
>>28926864
Shit i forgot greentext sorry. Fucking typing on a tablet is cancer
>>
>>28926177
>Why are you so alone?
I stopped talking with people around 2 years ago. Most people I was familiar are gone now and I'm too annoying and shy to socialize with anyone else or start a friendship from scratch
No...
I guess... I'd prefer someone to talk to me. I prefer listening than talking.
>>
Anyone know this feel?
>if I don't start the conversation there will never be a conversation
>>
>>28926738
>What if I am evil?
It's not like everyone else on r9k is a "good person". It's irrelevant anyway, we're looking for a friend, not a role model.
>>
I've been filling my time outside of work with Hearthstone and Twitch streams.

Please someone save me from this hell.
>>
>>28926871
croikey thats a hairy bum
>>
>>28926893
am straight.

>>28926931
www.nuxed.com/moon
>>
>>28926864

I suffer from depression and I find it incredibly hard to find people I connect with. What's going on in your life?
>>
>tfw would like to be friends with people from here but am pretty bad at connecting with people i don't know and paranoid about being annoying or boring
good luck, lads
>>
>>28926813
I do during the school year, but right now I'm living with my parents for the summer. In the past, I've enjoyed playing Runescape, but the community is shit now.
>>
>>28926657
>have a backlog of 6161 games on me homebrew'ed wii made up of GB/GBC/GBA/FC/NES/SNES/SFC/GENISIS/MEGA DRIVE and GAMEGEAR
>have a backlog of 78 shows to watch
>have a backlog of 2502 movies to watch
>have a backlog of 138 albums to get
>have a backlog of 13 things to fix in me room
backlog total; 8892

me skype; >>28926782
picture; >>28926871
>>
>>28926898

I'll talk to you, buddy. Is there anything in particular you'd like to discuss or would you like to hear my wonderful tale of how someone destroyed my trust?
>>
>>28927006

What are you studying?

Have you tried Old School RS or is that community shit as well? Dabbled in any other MMOs?
>>
File: znFLSAS.gif (58 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
znFLSAS.gif
58 KB, 256x192
>Why are you so alone?
I'm a guarded individual so I have a hard time letting people 'in' so to speak.
That's the second part of the whole deal; I do very much enjoy my alone time, it's mine after all. I spend most of my time playing one or two games, sinking so many hours into them while watching a movie or LP in my second screen.
Yes but as the two previous questions show, I'll hardly speak. To be honest I found I can goof around with random people the times I've played multi-player games but as soon as I add them? I never talk to them.

I'm a wretch and I'm fine.
>>
>>28927055
Comp Sci lol.

I've tried OSR, but I never got into it, I didn't want to level up my character again.
>>
>Why are you so alone?
Autistic, socially stunted, mental problems, on SSI for a plethora of reasons, I'm also almost 30 and have only had one real life
girlfriend. No career, live in parent's basement. Nerd. Also very immature for my age. Other reasons too I won't go into.

I'm agoraphobic and severely paranoid and often fabricate scenarios in my head and feel that they are real. I have an overly
activate imagination and this is my greatest enemy and how I have survived for so long. The only time I deal with real life people
besides my parents and older sister is when I have therapy once a week.

I fear and resent people for the most part so yes I prefer being alone.

I entertain the thought and think about how nice it would be to have some online friends like me but then I go to this board and realize no one would accept me for who I was (which is all I really want at this point in my life) and at best people would try to lecture me on "sucking up" and changing. I hate that shit so much.
>>
>>28927038
>would you like to hear my wonderful tale of how someone destroyed my trust?
Yes, very much, please.
>>
>>28927148

>Comp Sci lol.

Ayy, I'm a software engineer (my degree was game dev though). How are you finding it?

OS seems pretty popular now. I was tempted to start playing it because it seems like a good way to distract myself and waste time but I haven't jumped in yet.
>>
>>28927162

Throw me an email and I'll tell you all about it. [email protected]
>>
File: 1405868184776.jpg (116 KB, 503x600) Image search: [Google]
1405868184776.jpg
116 KB, 503x600
>>28926177
>Who /lonely/ here?
>Why are you so alone?
Because I have difficulty relating to people and reading their emotions. I used to have friends but they've all left and forgotten about me. Sometimes I get asked by people I work with to do things but im usually so nervous I just say I have errands to run.

Yes and no. I prefer the company of friends that I know really well which is like two people.

I talk to myself a lot. I'm not schizophrenic or anything and I know there's no one there but it helps me to externalize my feelings.
>>
>>28927215
It was fun, I'll be finishing up my electives next semester and then my general electives the following semester.

Meh, maybe I'll give it another try. This is my last day off before I start my internship, so I guess I'll try to have fun.
>>
>>28927268

Nice. Where are you interning?
>>
>>28927280
It's with a Fortune 500 company, I'm not going to say the name for privacy reasons. It's a software dev internship, I'm not really sure what I'll be doing though.
>>
>>28927347

Ah, cool. I interned at Microsoft for a year and it was pretty lacklustre. I hope it goes well for you.
>>
>>28926956
I guess being lonely is a major cause of my problems. I failed my first year of uni last year because of depression (?? idk I didn't see a professional). I'd be waking up every day at 4-6pm and feeling completely worthless. I was too afraid and anxious to attend classes on the days that I was awake in time. The past two years have just generally been terrible.

I'm a little better now but I still get periods where all enjoyment is drained from my life and suicidal thoughts come back. I still hate myself and hate that I have no skills or hobbies but this summer I hope to change that or at least get started on it.
>>
>>28927259
I talk to myself an unhealthy amount but it feels therapeutic. I'm terrified that someone will catch me doing it but I feel like I'm actually talking to someone when I do it.
>>
>>28927389

>I guess being lonely is a major cause of my problems.

I can totally relate to you there. Somehow I managed to graduate and get a decent job but outside of that I feel completely useless.

I'm alone and have too much time with my own thoughts. It's driving me insane.

What kind of hobbies/interests are you hoping to get into?
>>
File: 1458398343885.jpg (113 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1458398343885.jpg
113 KB, 413x395
Why?
I like having my privacy. It gives me the chance to perfectly mold my life into a carefully planned routine that balances entertainment with education. People simply present inconveniences when you try to include them. They always want compromises. I, however, am not willing to compromise on something so core to me as my daily activities. People either adjust to me, or I push them out of my life. My situation has mostly involved the latter.
Do I prefer loneliness?
Absolutely. There will be times though when I begin doubting my convictions - luckily it happens around the time social interactions happen; reminding me how loneliness is a perfect state of being for me. Also, given that I'm not great at dealing with people and their emotions besides using them for my professional advantage, loneliness gives me a chance to relax - to stop manipulating, sabotaging, or just being generally rude or dishonest to others for my own amusement. Loneliness is how I unwind.
Would I like someone to talk with?
When I feel like it, I get someone. Aside from that, I don't go looking for candidates. Conversation is just another basic need for me that I satisfy when necessary.

I hope I answered your questions thoroughly OP.
>>
>>28927460
Well firstly I'd like to get better at art. I wouldn't describe myself as talented but I have always felt a certain inclination towards painting and sketching. I wanted to go to art school before I realised that I needed a more secure degree. I rarely draw at all nowadays apart from the occasional 30 minutes spent drawing facial expressions or poses.

Aside from that I'm quite interested in some of the European mythologies and maybe others. For example Norse, Greek and Roman mythology and all the stories that they have. I got a couple books on them over a year ago but never got into it. I'd like to learn more about them because I find the tales and symbolism really interesting. I love just sitting on my bed with a book and a notebook and taking notes on certain things that I don't understand, as I go along, to then look them up and connect the dots. Reading things like Dante's Inferno requires a lot of this because I hardly know anything about Italian politics and culture back then so I'm constantly having to take notes. It's highly stimulating for me but it's hard work so I end up just playing vidya like the true simpleton that I am.

I don't want to write a huge essay on my life so that's some of the stuff I'm hoping to get into. It's not that my aspirations are unattainable but I obsess over video games and procrastinate too much and then get into a cycle of depression and self loathing over not doing anything with my time.
>>
>>28926177

>Why are you so alone?
My interests make it hard to relate to those who aren't into them. Those who would be great friends with me are living in other parts of the world speaking different languages and are probably of a completely different age group.

These people may have girlfriends, boyfriends, whatever. They could be stormfags or /b/tards.

Because of the above, yes.

Anyone with similar interests and interesting views on this world. People who are into escapism and stuff.
>>
>>28927828

I actually have an interest in those mythologies as well but I've never delved into them save for reading a few Wikipedia articles. It seems like a very interesting subject to get into.

What games are you currently playing?
>>
>>28928649
Atm I mostly play on my PS4: DS3, Bloodborne, Smite, SFV. I plan on resubbing to FFXIV too since I never got to level cap.

On DS I'm playing some old zelda games, pokemon and MH4U.

I don't own a gaming pc but on my laptop I play mostly games from previous gens that I missed.

You?
>>
>>28926177
People make my life complicated :C
>>
>>28928813

I have a pretty beefy PC but I've only been playing Hearthstone lately. Sometimes I'll play Rocket League too. I might buy Overwatch and get into that too.
>>
>>28928827
tall jock here, i gota 9.3 inch cock, will supply weed, hit me up babe, sweet ride and everything.. Im real laid back. Ill take you for a ride, theyre aint nothin we need to do if u dont wanna go, hey, im okay with that just let me know over text, i cant call because im not in the mood but i will text, you feel? anyways ill be able to text in 5 minutes.
>>
File: uhm.jpg (94 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
uhm.jpg
94 KB, 403x403
>>28928962
I'd like to get into Overwatch but I have no friends to play with. Those games are only good with friends I think. Plus I'd have to get it on console and most people here use PC.
>>
>>28926177
>Why are you so alone?
Because it makes it easier to concentrate
Yes and no, i random like to be around people but not too long because i'm quite sensitive person
Sure, why not as long as other person is willing to talk or say something we could talk about.
>>
>>28929054

Yeah, it's the same with MMOs for me. I'd like to have a buddy to play with.
>>
>>28926177
>Why are you so alone?
No friends
Sometimes
Not really
>>
>>28929153
Know any good MMOs? Is PSO2 good? Also I didnt like Final Fantasy XIV
>>
File: done.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
done.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>28926177
>get to know a girl in cs go
>we talk
>she sent me nudes
>thinks Im finally going to make it
>now I want her attention all the time
>after few days talking she realizes I am a beta faggot
>start to talking how much of a degenerate whore she is and how she sent nudes to everybody, even some guys I know
>feel cucked
>she start to avoid me sometimes
>I start feeling ill
>but still want her attention so bad, already a orbiter by the time
>miss when I was just a lonely tard getting fat and playing oblivion

Women, not even once
>>
>>28926817
i do not have a car.
>>
>>28929332
It's your fault you got attached so quickly for no reason
>>
>>28929054
hey babe, 9.3 inch manlet here with weed. Ill supply the lovin, if u give me with rubbin, you know what I mean. Anyways, i cant call right now but if you text me in 5 minutes ill turn on my pc and we can skype and play some league.. Ill come over and we can make weed cookies. I got a sweet ride, so I can be there in 5 minutes, same time that I can text.
>>
>>28929228

Sadly no. I hope Legion delivers for WoW but I doubt it will. I miss the golden era of MMOs.
>>
File: imagesXUJF59T3.jpg (6 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
imagesXUJF59T3.jpg
6 KB, 242x208
>>28929332

>Get to know a girl in cs go
>She's 18, I'm 17
>We talk about all sorts of things
>Turns out she is really cute too
>Known her for like maybe 4 months now
>Really genuinely enjoy chatting with her
>Huge crush on her now
>Never even met irl
>Want to ask her out
>I know a lot about her, including the fact that she has never dated anyone
>She is not really into dating anyway
>I know she has no interest in me but I can't stop thinking about her
>If I confess that I have a crush on her she'll refuse to date me anyway and things might get weird between us (call me a faggot but I enjoy the friendship we have)
>If I don't confess I can keep dreaming that there is a slight slight chance that she could be at least a little interested in me

What the fuck should I do? I feel really terrible because it tears me apart that I can't have her. Should I just confess? I don't know. Help me
>>
>>28926478
Which 2hu would you befriend?
>>
>>28929556
MODS COME QUICK
>>
>>28926177
>Why are you so alone?

Because I am a retarded, narcisstic robot who fucks everything up.

Fuck no!

Yes. But I am too old to make new friends. Also, don't have any social media accounts.

Just kill me please.
>>
>>28929754
Because i'm 17?
>>
>>28926177
Why are you so alone?
Because I don't know how to mantain a relationship and I'm boring
Eh, I'm already accostumed
It would be nice
>>
>>28929556
>internet help me pls :(

You're in for a rude awakening, as every awakening should be
>>
>>28929988
Not just internet

But 4Chan

I know man, I know. Just curious to see what replies I get. Other people post this autistic shit all the time too. At least I told this to someone, feels a bit better
>>
>>28930052
"confess", you dumbass. It doesn't matter if it goes south, do your thing and see where it goes. Bitch.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.