[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Finally get a job stocking shelves at a grocery store >Finish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: sheep.jpg (245 KB, 1624x1360) Image search: [Google]
sheep.jpg
245 KB, 1624x1360
>Finally get a job stocking shelves at a grocery store
>Finish early every day and just sit around the break room
>Get told I'm "working too fast" and upsetting the other employees.

I just can't win can I?
>>
how about you work too fast on muh dik
>>
>>28925466
Anon that just means your more willing to put work in than those slackers

Feel proud that you have more will to put effort and energy into your job than anyone else, not your problem
>>
>>28925466

If your stocking shelves and youre posting on 4chan, I assume its a night shift.

If it is, the quota should be set by item count, not time spent.

Report whoever it was to corporate and keep working.
>>
File: smug bt.jpg (87 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
smug bt.jpg
87 KB, 640x960
>>28925466

>not taking pride in it and say you do it because you enjoy it
>not throwing it back in your managers face and saying your other workers are too slow
>>
>>28925466
It is a valuable lesson for you.
Never do more work than you can get away with.
>>
>>28925466
I worked at a grocery store several years ago and theres a simple reason for this.

If you work too fast and get done early, it forces them to speed up. So you're probably saying well thats their fault that their slow. That's not the point.

These people go in and milk the clock for what it's worth until going home time. Because they know if they finish early, the manager will give them busy work to do. Stupid shit that doesn't really need to be done, but yet justifies paying you for.

So if you keep finishing fast, you can expect everyone to hate you. But also expect to be given a broom and dustpan and sent out to the parking lot.

After that you'll probably be sent to clean bathrooms. After that you'll probably have to face out all the stock. Then you'll have to check display items. Then check milk. then look for canned foods that are expired etc.

They're looking out for you.
>>
>>28925466
OP, any advice for someone who literally has a job interview at a grocery store today? I have to leave in about 30 minutes, I'm nervous as fuck.
>>
>>28925466
You have two options here.

1) Go along to get along. This is when you adjust the pace of your work to fit in with the other employees. Focus on being "one of the guys" and developing relationships with your fellow workers.

2) Get ahead. This is when you disregard the whinging of the other employees and keep working at a fast pace. Don't sit around the break room though, pester your manager of he has any extra work he needs done. You will be hated by the other workers, but you'll be on track for a promotion.
>>
>>28925466
Fuck them, keep working fast. Manager will like you and you'll get eventually more money
>>
>>28925584
Smile a lot and make an emphasis on customer service and making sure the customer is always happy
>>
then do what i do and take your time with headphones on and sneaking in a gatorade every now and then
>>
>>28925613
Thanks man, I asked robots last night for advice and they gave me the standard "Just bee yourself" retort. I'm still nervous as fuck, which I probably shouldn't be but it is my first actual chance at a job since every other place that I apply to never even responds.
>>
>>28925636
Which grocery store is it?
>>
>>28925568
This guy gets it.

Never do more work than you have to, OP. The only thing it'll get you is more responsibilities.

You don't get promoted by doing more work, you get promoted by doing valuable work that's out of the ordinary job scope of you and your colleagues. What that means in your particular context you must decide for yourself.
>>
There is no finishing early bro. Go help your co workers with their piles of shit.
>>
>>28925642
A Rouses about a mile away from my house. I applied to a Burger King and McDonalds and the fucking faggots never even responded. My brother works at the Rouses I have the interview at, but he has only worked there himself a week and he is still in high school so I doubt he has any seniority to put a good word in for me.
>>
File: 1463513420689.jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1463513420689.jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>28925466
I feel ya, half a year in construction now and been hearing the same shit from coworkers and my boss telling me about them bitching over and over
When I work in the exact same pace as them I get told I'm "slacking".

I guess I setted a standar and now I can't win either way.
Can you give me an advice if I want to work in grocery store? What should I expect?
>>
>>28925697
https://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/Rouses-Supermarkets-Interview-Questions-E704399.htm

Check the interviews tab if you haven't already
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.