[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think this might help someone. I've become a totally different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: o.jpg (37 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
37 KB, 1000x562
I think this might help someone. I've become a totally different person in the last few months, after spending years doing nothing. I figured something out.

Everything about emerging from despair is a paradox. You have to think paradoxically to get out.

The only way to not "waste" more time, is to stop thinking of time as something that can be wasted.

The only way to become a serious person, is to stop taking anything too seriously.

The only way to achieve your goals, is to maintain systems of self-improvement with no goal in mind.

The only way to make big progress, is to feel unreasonably proud of tiny progress.

The only way to become lovable, is to love yourself first.
>>
>>28925031
I think it's also quite a factor, how much meaning, as in "absoluteness", you measure to your life...
>>
>>28925031
here's a (You) for your thoughts friend
>>
>>28925031
Not only you should not have taken LSD, you should have made clear that it is owing to that trip that both your transformation and this Taoist bullshit are.
>>
File: the_hand.jpg (2 MB, 2432x2864) Image search: [Google]
the_hand.jpg
2 MB, 2432x2864
>>28925031
I like this; I think I'm gonna save it in my notepad file. Comfy thoughts. Have a drawing I did a while ago as my thanks.
>>
>>28925188
Not true friend. I know nothing about Taoism and I don't do drugs.

It might be bullshit in that it seems illogical, but it's not bullshit if you want to get out of your hole.

Here is a practical example of what I mean: Suppose you want to do something with your life. You take the first step. Then suddenly you think
"Oh god, so I finally took the first step after all this wasted time. I'm an idiot. I'm years behind all my old classmates. Even if I keep going at this rate, I'll still never be normal because I wasted all that time. And it's only the first step, how will I get any further?"

Counter with an opposite thought.

"It's impossible to waste time. Everything was meant to happen this way, this is just the ordained time for me to wake up. And I'm so happy I took that first step, I'm going to feel smug about it."
>>
>>28925031
this is a bunch of pseudo-intellectual bullshit
>>
File: IMG_0246.jpg (75 KB, 661x721) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0246.jpg
75 KB, 661x721
>>28925235
>It's impossible to waste time. Everything was meant to happen this way, this is just the ordained time for me to wake up.
Also known as believing in fate. Are you suggesting that the key to success is to believe in destiny OP? Because that's what I've been thinking recently.
>>
>>28925188
Oh god is this the super autist again

He didn't even say he took LSD you fucking retard
>>
I really don't get the paradox thinking part.

Let's say I want to succeed in my exams by studying hard. Should I just stop worrying about it and everything will become OK?
>>
>>28925031
>The only way to not "waste" more time, is to stop thinking of time as something that can be wasted.

this this this this

used to have a serious problem of putting too much value on time, until I was too stressed to enjoy myself OR be productive. Forced myself to stop caring and just do whatever, and am better at both now
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.