[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ANXIETY THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: ENDDD ME.jpg (91 KB, 393x369) Image search: [Google]
ENDDD ME.jpg
91 KB, 393x369
Who /crippling anxiety/ here?

What helps/helped? What can be done, if anything? How much of a shut-in are you? Why are you and I still alive at all?
>>
>>28922280
>Why are you and I still alive at all?
To pussy to kill myself
>>
File: tfw (2).jpg (105 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tfw (2).jpg
105 KB, 633x758
>>28922280
>What can be done, if anything?

I had terrible anxiety when I was in high school and during my first 3 yeas of college. I think after that I became depressed and then eventually just stop caring. I literally have no anxiety about anything anymore,

I think the best cure is apathy.

Apathy is you way out, OP. Once you stop caring you have no reason to anxious about anything,
>>
>>28922280
Just talk to your doctor and try to get beta blockers.
I took propanalol a few times and once you start doing things again minus the dread and crippling anxious feeling it all kind of goes back in its box anyway.
>>
Bathroom and sex anxiety guy here.

There is no cure. Exposure helps a bit but you never fully recover. Buckle up famalam.
>>
>>28922331

Worst of both worlds, I'm afraid. My depression is crushing and constant and I have lost all passion for everything and all drive to do anything and any hope for the future. I've become resigned to my fate. Yet at the same time I still have extreme anxiety that makes it impossible for me to do even the most basic of things like responding to messages/texts, going to see a doctor or even going outside at all. It's a fucking mess.
>>
I can handle going to the store and ordering things, but anything more than that is hellish. I feel like i got fired from one job just because i didnt like talking
>>
guys help me plz i'm at the literal end of my rope
>>
There's not much that can be done without the use of drugs. You can try exposure therapy but that only works for some and chances are you don't have CRIPPLING social/ general anxiety if it does work.

Phenibut and weed seem to be the things that really help with the social anxiety. Downside of phenibut is that it's highly addictive and the widthdrawals are terrible. I only take it if I have to go somewhere with lots of people, i.e family dinners.

Now when I say weed, I don't mean smoke until you get really high. I get a sativa strain, take 1 inhale, and that will put me in a lovely mood. I will actually want to talk to people, even though I don't. It also helps with the stuttering that has developed over the past 3 years of being a neet.
>>
File: fine detail wojak.jpg (78 KB, 318x378) Image search: [Google]
fine detail wojak.jpg
78 KB, 318x378
>tfw anxiety prevented and still prevents me from asking things, finding things out, and even talking to people voluntarily.
>always feel like i'm being judged and they'll just laugh at me for anything I'll say or do
>always fear that'll I'll do something incorrectly and be criticized in terrible ways
this doesn't feel good, man
>>
My anxiety and paranoia gets really bad too OP
I used drugs to self medicate (benzos and opiates) but I think Im worse off now.

Really the best thing to help is to improve yourself and develop self confidence, start by getting and haircut, buying new fashionable clothes/shoes, hit the gym if your out of shape ect.

I look like a chad and still struggle immensely from these issues.
>>
>>28922280
I used to be, too scared to leave the house many days. The current antidepressant I'm on has helped my social anxiety heaps, shame it hasn't worked anywhere near as well for my depression
>>
>phone rings
>pace around the house in total fear
>phone stops ringing
>finally at peace again
>>
i have found that forcing myself to think logically about a situation helps to ease the anxiety and fear im feeling

so what I do is instead of just thinking and acting on whatever pops into my head, I ask myself questions that probe how logical those ideas were

im trying to say things that make more sense to people and act in ways that have a reason and purpose to them, it makes me feel in control and like what I'm doing is worth while
>>
I'm currently undergoing some intense anxiety because I'm unsure if I should stay in my current job or go to a new one, and I'm unsure if I made the right career choices and it I should even be a programmer. I'm 28 years old and I still have no fucking idea what I'm doing with my life and despite being well appreciated and in high demand I just want to sit at home and play vidya all day. Why is our time on earth limited? Why is my youth rapidly fading? Why can't I just fuck around and not have to make strategic choices for my future? Why is this so hard
>>
I was able to get a doctor to prescribe an MAOI after a long time, phenelzine. Was the only thing to help with the terror of everyday life I think. I also take guanfacine for more ADHD related stuff, but I was on propranolol for a while. That didn't help me.

>>28924630
>if I should even be a programmer
Autism detected. You're going to have to be a programmer or a NEET, you're not capable of doing anything else.
>>
>>28924692
I'm sure I could be a product manager or something
>>
>>28924765
That might be doable. Make sure it's something repetitive and boring. My buddy is an aspie who works as a grocery store manager, AS in CS and an AS in business or management or something.
>>
>>28924872
I mean the reason I'm changing jobs is because I'm getting bored of my current job, so I'm really not agreeing with your premise.
>>
>What helps?
Just imagine the people you are interacting with as naked.
>>
>>28924933
You misunderstand. Aspies like a job that's monotonous and repetitive and shit. If you actually have to deal with jobs with a lot of variety and unpredictable environment you'd get triggered.
>>
>>28925032
Maybe, maybe not. I've yet to be in such a work environment.
>>
>>28924369
that's because you will be
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.