[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pseudo-intellectual friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1464219961647.jpg (924 KB, 1600x1999) Image search: [Google]
1464219961647.jpg
924 KB, 1600x1999
Anyone else have pseudo-intellectual friends who are always prattling on about whatever pop-science horseshit they saw recently?

At the moment it's income inequality and automation. They're all Trump or Bernie voters who want to dethrone the "1%" and who fear robots are going to take all the jobs despite the fact automation has never done anything but reduce unemployment.

I'm in college and so are my friends, so suffice it to say none of them have expertise in these fields. They literally just spew whatever they see on reddit/YouTube.
>>
>>28922025

>2016
>choosing to have friends.
>>
>>28922025
I feel you my man I have this one friend who constantly spouts pseudo intellectual shit like he thinks the internet is gonna "crash" whatever that means. He's a cool guy but I wiah he'd stop talking about this kind of shit it's so cringey
>>
>>28922025
>considering anonymous users on 4chan to be your friends
>>
>>28922025
feel you
they are not that bad though. they like your attention if they are always doing it. met one guy like that but he was a "meditator" who tried to be as eccentric as he could. couldn't stand him anymore especially when he sperged out
>>
File: Pour my son..jpg (7 KB, 209x279) Image search: [Google]
Pour my son..jpg
7 KB, 209x279
>>28922025

The only friends you should have are your hands and your cock. Everyone else can go fuck themselves.
>>
It was that fucking CGP Grey video. Fuck that guy.
>>
I used to, begrudgingly, until I one day called him out on his scientific and philosophical illiteracy. He got super pissed at me and never talked to me again.
>>
>>28922025
in my day, it was darfur and kony 2012.

they're learning to converse intelligently. it's ok. do what i did: just be glad that someone is paying attention. and humbly listen to what they're sharing. thank them for sharing it with you.
>>
I became skeptical of the idea of friends after I got into a physical fight with one really close one. Ironically, it was because he thought I complained too much about my life. I was just opening up with him about the things I've been through, and then he starts talking down to me saying it was my fault. I snapped and then beat the shit out of him.

Never been as close to people who weren't my relatives after that.
>>
>friend explains that E=mc^2 because matter can not be created nor destroyed
>i take the opportunity to lecture this commoner on modern physics
>explain that the mass-energy equivalence is due to the poincare group having no cohomology, and that it doesn't always necessarily hold
>he asks if i'm in a cult and hurries off to his psychology lecture
>>
>>28922630
You're the commoner, though.
>>
>>28922574
>i was just opening up with him about the things I've been through, and then he starts talking down to me saying it was my fault. i snapped and then beat the shit out of him.
he was probably right

he sounds like more of a robot than you are
>>
>>28922650
your accusation is baseless
>>
Psuedo-intellectual teen starter kit:

/r/Futurology
/r/Politics
YouTube (CGP Grey)
Radiolab podcast
John Oliver
>>
>have friend
>he does something really stupid that puts him in jail
>blames me
>have friend
>some shit happens to him
>blames me
after this happened like 2 or 3 times, i just stopped hanging out with testosterone filled super Chads and niggers.
>>
>>28922716
Well, if he thinks that it's a baby's fault for being beaten by his father and that makes him a robot then fuck being a robot. My position is that our experiences shape who we are. If not, then I guess I made up for my crime of playing the victim by not letting my friend push me around.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.