[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I let my friend set me up with a girl who to me seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1464070085732.jpg (44 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1464070085732.jpg
44 KB, 540x540
Should I let my friend set me up with a girl who to me seems out of my league?
>be talking with female friend I've known since childhood
>female friend knows I'm lonely
>tfw no gf, kissless virgin
>she suggests to set me up with one of her friends, let's call her X
>apparently X is also a loner and is weird
>tells me X watches anime
>tells me X is "really shy around guys and hasn't had her first kiss"
>I tell her to show me a photo
>X looks like a total stacy
>completely out of my league
>tell this to female friend but she's not convinced
>tells me X had a crush on this dude I know but he rejected her
>I find dude on social media
>literally a chad, has abs
>I'm not fat, but I can't compete with Chad
The only good thing out of this whole situation is that it motivated me to lift more and run more than I already dude. One day I'll make it. But not today.
>>
I have a chad friend and a borderline autistic friend who he set up with a girl
girl was apparently a slut who had banged her ex that day and my chad friend and his indian gf laugh about how funny it was that they hooked him up with a total mess

I don't know man, I would not trust anyone as a match maker, but experiences may differ
>>
Honestly I don't like it that my female friend showed me this girls social media. Because she's gorgeous and it gives me some kind of hope. I don't want hope. I need to know that's it for sure that'll I die alone.
>>
relationships are based around compromise. Just cause this girl likes a ripped chad does not remove her from the capacity to like you as a person.
think of girls you've liked... they haven't all been the same. Even if they have, absolutes aren't the norm.
worst case scenario is you waste your time, which is honestly less valuable than a lot of people like to consider
>>
>>28921765
>motivated me to lift more and run more
If you are really lifting then you damn well know that running is horrible for your gains.
>>
>>28922027
Gotta lose weight man, I used to be fat and that's why I'm insecure. I've lost so much weight in the last 2 years and I have significant muscle, I'm more muscular than most people I know. But I don't think my face is that attractive.
>>
What have you got to lose? With girls it's like rolling a dice. Why not roll and see if she likes you? If she doesn't, that's her loss and you'll have been on a date.
>>
>>28921765

i don't see the downside of taking her up on this. sounds like a choice selection and worst case scenario you just end up alone again like you are right now.

just meet up with her and see if you share an outlook on the world
>>
Last time my friends girlfriend set me up with this girl. We ended up texting for like 3 days before actually seeing each other in person. Her personality was fucking perfect and she seemed to really like me. I met her in person and we both acted really awkward. Later on she told me she wouldn't date me and that we should just be friends. I assume she saw how ugly I was in real life and thought "no chance."
>>
>>28922266
Are you kidding me? It's probably a situation that bitch set up to specifically humiliate him. She's just leading him on so she can crush him, and get all of her bitchy little friends to record the emotional take-down on their iPhone smartphones and post it to youtube.com and share on social media. Face it the worst case scenario is not "just like you are right now" it is total humiliation in front of hundreds of millions of people. THIS is the world we live in now, face it and accept it. If you aren't "normal" enough then you can now be made fun of by hundreds of millions of people from all over the world if you reveal your deviation from the norm.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.