[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DEY ALL REGRETTED THE MOMENT THEY JUMPED Anybody else sick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Golden_Gate_Bridge_0002.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1029) Image search: [Google]
Golden_Gate_Bridge_0002.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1029
>DEY ALL REGRETTED THE MOMENT THEY JUMPED

Anybody else sick of this normie meme?
>>
>>28921577
tried to kill myself twice here. no regrets. I probably fucked up my liver in the long run. no regrets at all.

Not everybody regrets it. Otherwise you wouldn't see multiple suicide attempts. Otherwise a prior suicide attempt wouldn't be by far the strongest factor for a completed suicide.

And I'm willing to bet a lot of that "regret" was just survival instinct manifesting.

>"Oh shit I just jumped. Panic!
>>
File: 1457116430848.jpg (43 KB, 515x496) Image search: [Google]
1457116430848.jpg
43 KB, 515x496
>lived in sf bay area for years
>went over gg bridge dozens of times
>never once saw anyone jump
>>
>>28921577
>>28921680
Another anon here. It bothers me for a another reason. It assumes that because people "regret" it. They don't have the freedom to make it.

I permanently fucked up my kneecap in a motorcycle and I walk with a limp. I wasn't wearing the proper safety gear.

I regret it not wearing the gear, but I do not regret having the freedom to not wear that gear. It was my own choice.

People have the freedom to make decisions they might regret. They have the freedom to make decisions including the wrong ones.

Smoking is an example of this. Pretty much every smoker on their deathbed dying of cancer or whatever illness that was caused by their habit will tell you that they all regret startng to smoke.

Now you might say that this is not comparable to suicide because suicide is far quicker to accomplish and once your dead you cannot regret it. And that with smoking there is ample time to quit before you develop serious terminal health problems.

This is true to an extent, however we know that smoking is highly addictive. And that many people smoke despite wanting to quit but cannot. Or that they quit after many years or decades of smoking and still develop cancer or heart disease later in life due to their past habit.

And lastly the ones addicted to smoking and still smoke up until their are diagnosed with cancer or some other serious condition, and STILL SMOKE.

tl;dr: My point is that people have the freedom to make decisions that they might regret even if it kills them.
>>
i want to hit the rocks
>>
>>28921577
>implying they didn't just tell this to whoever psychiatrist ended being assigned to them so that they wouldn't be popped with mega loony bin debt in addition to still being alive
>>
File: 1437686441776.png (29 KB, 482x573) Image search: [Google]
1437686441776.png
29 KB, 482x573
>>28921577
They jumped for stupid reasons (financial debt) or it's their survival instinct or fear of heights kicking in at the last minute. I heard a story about a guy that jumped from somewhere, lived, and shot himself in the head a few weeks later. Pretty sure the only thing he regretted was living.

But I don't expect normies to understand this kind of shit.
>>
File: ifnZn.png (123 KB, 1198x282) Image search: [Google]
ifnZn.png
123 KB, 1198x282
Here's one that's 100x worse. Worst thing about this one is that it's passed around like a loose joint while everyone pats themselves on the back for how "inspiring" it is. Some people apparently don't know what it's like to even be slightly sad.
>>
>>28922528
>implying a lot of suicidal people even have the motivation to get out of bed
>"da wurd iz bootiful"

Yeah it's real fuckin beautiful with all the horrible things going on every day
>>
>>28922528
I used to think that if I ever turned properly suicidal, I'd give up on my life and cross a border or fuck off into the wilderness or something. What a moronic idea.
>>
File: 1453990220205.jpg (79 KB, 1080x829) Image search: [Google]
1453990220205.jpg
79 KB, 1080x829
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicides_at_the_Golden_Gate_Bridge
>One young woman, Sarah Rutledge Birnbaum, survived, but returned to jump again and died the second time.[22]

In reality I probably wouldn't even bother to bring this up. It is completely pointless debating with normoids.
>>
>>28923699
That's true, but there was a jump survivor interviewed in the documentary the bridge who stated that he almost immediately regretted jumping as soon as he did, and he's now treated and relatively stable from a pretty severe case of Bipolar.

Some regret it, some don't, obviously it's not as simple saying everyone feels a certain way.
>>
>>28921879
I think society uses the whole"you'll regret it" as a way not to do anything about finding the root cause. They just say "oh you're fine, see? You have a fear of death, that means you have something to live for in life, that means you're a normie and there's no real problem besides you feeling sad sometimes, come back to enduring society" or something. The whole suicidal system feels like one big virtue signal. Does society really care? Probably not, but how can they? How can you expect a normie, with happiness, content, and a plan for the future, to possibly empathize with an empty robot? If you can't share the feel, then you dont know how to deal
>>
I hate the term "suicide survivors" more than anything.

I didn't survive anything, I just failed to do something I wanted to do. Just another thing I proved myself incapable of.
>>
>>28922528
>i never got why people would kill themselves

That retard really should have ended the post there.
>>
>>28926096
Also those people romanticising suicide just so their worldview isn't broken
Society sucks, some people aren't like you and want to die, stop preventing them because you ignorantly think living is cool.
If you want to do something, figure out why people want to die and do something about it for the future generations
Norman's are wierd
>>
>jumping off a bridge to kill yourself

ffs, just jump off of a high rise or something, there's a much higher success rate with that.

Or, you know, shoot yourself. But that's too obvious.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.