[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Don't worry. It gets better." Do things ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1464578523369.jpg (39 KB, 584x584) Image search: [Google]
1464578523369.jpg
39 KB, 584x584
"Don't worry. It gets better."

Do things ever get better or is it just what people tell you to stop you from ending it all?
>>
It's what Normies say to you when they don't understand you
>>
It doesnt get better.
Sometimes it will seem like it, but that will only serve to make your life worse.
>>
i remember a customer told me that once a year ago.
it got worse, not better.
>>
>>28921074
>Do things ever get better

Yeah. For some people it takes longer than others. And sometimes, "better" isn't all that much better.
>>
Things get better if you make them get better. Thing is most people who are sad hate hearing that so we settle for "it gets better" which ignores the vital "you" aspect.

In truth, older I get less fucks I give about most of the things that used to worry me. You get out into the real world for a bit and you look around and you meet people and you realize that most of your petty personal bullshit is just that, and that most self pity and depression has its roots in a kind of idiotic, malignant, narcissism.

Some people never get over that but I'm a fan of the "pull your head out of your ass" school of life.

Life is a mixture of many different emotions. All of our happiness has a bit of sadness tucked away somewhere in it. It's part of the human condition. But part of dealing with it is understanding it, and realizing that at the end of the day it is you and you alone who determines whether your life has meaning. It isn't something given to us by some outside power.

When most people think of "better" they think some sort of utopia where they don't feel bad ever. That does not exist and you'd do well to stop believing in it. That's not happiness. Actual happiness is the ability to avoid letting your pain consume you, to realize you are but one human being in a world of billions. The narratives we construct around ourselves, where we are the stars of our own movies, are bullshit. We're not all that important. And our problems aren't important either. What we are is alive and capable of bringing quite a large amount of beauty into this world if we are willing to actually engage with it.

If you've ever read Walt Whitman, his poems never ignore the agony and mundanity of human life. But they also celebrate it in a way, because even in our worst moments we are alive.

Does it get better?

No, buy you can.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.