[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Just get some hobbies, bro! It's easy to make friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: FrogPersonOnACouch.png (23 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
FrogPersonOnACouch.png
23 KB, 489x423
>Just get some hobbies, bro! It's easy to make friends if you have a hobby!

I hear this sagely advice everywhere and it just doesn't make sense to me. I need to rant.

Am I supposed to fucking force myself to enjoy things I don't like in order to form a so-called social circle of people who may or may not actually like me due to stunted social skills?

Plus, if there were group-focused hobbies I enjoyed, wouldn't I have already been participating in them up until now?

People do what they naturally enjoy, right? I happened to enjoy single-player video games, reading books, and browsing the Internet as a child, so that's what I feel comfortable doing as an adult. This seems logical to me.

But I guess I just chose wrong as a child despite my progressive-minded parents allowing me to do what I wish with my free time. My freedom in my youth led to self-imprisonment as an adult.

It feels like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. Either I force myself to awkwardly interact with others in an activity I know I won't enjoy in order to satisfy the human need to form social bonds, or I stay put in my comfortable self-formed prison and try to convince myself that video games/internet/books will mitigate the existential dread I feel every day and every night.

The anti-depressants and therapy sessions do nothing for me because I feel like I've thought everything through to their logical ends, which have no satisfying solutions at them.

It's just not fair, robots. I can't win in this life.
>>
File: 1464455909357.gif (218 KB, 549x598) Image search: [Google]
1464455909357.gif
218 KB, 549x598
just get a dog breh:^^^^^^^)))))))))))))))))))))))
>>
File: cathotdogs.jpg (25 KB, 460x407) Image search: [Google]
cathotdogs.jpg
25 KB, 460x407
>>28920958
I have two cats and they do keep me company to an extent, but psychologically the human mind still craves interaction with other humans, even if the owner of said mind is not properly equipped to do so.
>>
>>28921141
You know. To walk it. Take it to the park.

I am mocking normies, I have heard that suggestion before.
>>
>>28920784
if you have literally no social hobbies you get a job. a job forces you to widen your social circle.
>>
>>28921335
Not really, unless you work in a field that necessitates intense cooperation or something.

I've worked in a grocery store and in a call center. Neither job required anything but the most basic interactions with co-workers. It was go to work, say hello to people, and then just focus on doing work until time to go home.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.