[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: 1370453682617.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1370453682617.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
What is your talent and why is it worthless?
Me: Writing

Big fucking deal, everyone can write and this society could give a rat's ass if you do it slightly better than most people. It's useless bullshit
>>
>>28920515
I can write as well, it means nothing because no one will every consume the works of a middle class larrikin. Even the best writers ever had substansial trouble in making a living from it

I can jump really high, like absolute fuck off high. I'm 85kg and have a completly untrained vertical leap of 28 inches

I can also get hit in the head really hard without getting knocked out
>>
Art
Writing

It's worthless because I don't do anything with it.
>>
I can spend upwards to 16 hours a day on 4chan and completely punhased at the amount of stupidity here.
>>
>>28920515
>everyone can write
I've done enough essay peer-reviewing for my social science / humanities GE classes to say that's bullshit. I've seen 3rd years in one of CA's best universities (always STEM majors btw) write at a fucking 8th grade level. They try to use big words and use them incorrectly, it's embarrassing
t. historyfag
>>
>>28920734
What's the point though, man? Those STEM-lords are at least going on to stable and well paying careers. They'll pass, the fates will pity their shitty communication skills, and will leave writing behind at Uni.

We're fucked, cucked and stuck
>>
File: ffff (2).png (292 KB, 444x500) Image search: [Google]
ffff (2).png
292 KB, 444x500
>>28920515

>Inline hockey

>Professional players average a yearly salary of $742.00
>>
I can juggle up to 6 balls.

Woopity fucking doo.
>>
I'm an artist. At least I make some money, alot of artists I know have a real job by now. Maybe I should just give up and also have a real boring job, at least I won't be relatively poor.
>>
File: 608.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
I have no talents.
I'm fucking worthless.
Please end my life.
>>
>>28920515
I speak 9 languages (4 fluently, the rest to varying degrees), most of which I taught myself so nobody has any reason to believe me (lol yeah sure bro, whatever, nobody can remember that many words) unless they know them too. Employers probably think I'm lying too, since I've never gotten a reply to a single job application.

I've ended up in shitty job after shitty job, off the pity of family and acquaintances. I work with and for people who think I'm either lying, joking, or a magical autist oracle--no matter what, everyone thinks of me as a pet who can do an interesting trick but has to be taken care of by the real people. So they protect me from things like socialization, women, fun, and all that other stuff you wouldn't want your dog to be troubled by.

In another land, in another life, I would have had value; but this is America, electronic translation/globalized English have made language skills a frivolous fashion accessory, and the only job I ever found that let me live abroad and be appreciated--ESL teaching--left me so burnt-out from intensive forced social play-acting that I've fallen deeper into my autism-hole than ever before.

I mean, the hole was totally there before, but I think I broke out the bottom of it and found a new dungeon underneath.
>>
Tetris. I topped #1 in my state
>>
I make mediocre beats every once in a while.
>>
Cooking, in that it is literally a worthless profession. You can get 30k in debt just to end up working min wage in the field you wanted from the start.

Not that I did that. Applies to a lot of my colleagues though.
>>
File: tumblr_o7xznlK2YM1tcbbl2o6_400.jpg (50 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7xznlK2YM1tcbbl2o6_400.jpg
50 KB, 400x400
Self-destruction.
>>
>>28920515
Double major in grand and suicidal ideation
>>
>>28920515
>writing

You could be a journalist, technical writer or copywriter.

>>28921489
What languages do you exactly speak? You could definitely find a job as a translator because many companies in Europe need stuff translated from their languages into English. Browse websites like proz.com or something,
>>
I taught myself Japanese.

If I had a degree it might be useful, but I'm not going back to college. Now all it's good for is weeb hobbies and impressing the occasional Japanese person.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 633x758
I'm good at warfare and strategy. Let me know when you see a war around I will be the best at it.
>>
>>28920515
I make music

It isn't worthless, but the process is suffering. Sometimes I'll just fall into ruts and sit at my desk with my instruments for hours trying to think.

And I know jackshit about recording, so I barely have anything actually recorded.
>>
>>28920515
I'm an artist but no one cares about my art
>>
>>28920515
I can argue down almost anyone. but I'm not articulate enough to do anything with it.

My only achievement in life was BTFOing a group of lefty philosophy majors (human scum) by convincing them that being against pedophelia was objectively wrong.

Not a Pedo myself but still.
>>
>>28921576
Fluently- English, German, Spanish, and French

A bit less- Italian, Arabic

Even less- Sanskrit, Hindi

Waste of time because I'm not even a weeaboo- Japanese

No money for a translation degree, and no desire to work freelance. I didn't realize that the field even required a degree (other than in the source language generally) until I'd already graduated, because, again, Americans give zero shits about language.

I really should be trying to capitalize on it. I probably could. I feel a lot like this guy (>>28921658).

I've got an application in the works to do field logistics for MSF (call it a mild but cowardly death wish); but my experience is spotty and I've got months left before anything moves.

I quit my last job and am NEETing out to focus on the Arabic, Italian, and Hindi...wait, if I used to teach English and I'm now teaching myself, am I still NEET?
>>
>>28920515
>talent
atleast you have one anon-kun
>>
>>28922128
I'm sure you have at least one
>>
>>28921841
Honestly, find a government job if you're looking to build your resume. Languages are ALWAYS valued, and you might make a career out of it if you enjoyed it.
>>
Video games.

Uh, it's fucking video games.
Realistically I could make a little dosh at tournaments and shit but that requires like, not having agoraphobia and panic disorder.
>>
Apparently I'm somewhat good at drawing and art in general, and writing, but then again, anyone who reads a lot can write well too.

My desire is to write books I'd illustrate myself
>>
>>28922150
Not one talent, its quite pathetic.
>>
>>28922333
Self-depracating on the internet is a talent, anon-kun.
>>
>>28922192
Governments are out of the question. Any and all of them. Can't do it, personal rule. I'd be in the military or CIA or some other fate worse than death if I hadn't drawn that line, even though it's made finding my way a lot harder.

Ergo MSF.
>>
>>28922347
Not really, a talent takes some sort of skill.
>>
File: 1416937326590.png (24 KB, 378x366) Image search: [Google]
1416937326590.png
24 KB, 378x366
I'm a very fast learner and pick up on patterns fairly quickly. I just don't really see what I could do with this. I rarely care enough to dedicate myself to anything and end up shoving things aside and never bothering with them again often.
>>
>>28922238
what are you playing anon, what's your rank ?
I'm curious
>>
>>28920515
This is the way I feel as well.
>>
None

I have no motivation for anything, no passion to speak of. I have no idead what to do with my life desu. I don't really know what are my likes and dislikes. I'm scared of everything, I think I like music but making it seems so fucking difficult, I always procrastinate. And I browse 4chan all day. Fuck man... No talent yeah
>>
>>28920515
Art, memory

The first one is completely useless. I strongly believe that my art brings be to my death closer with each piece I finish. It makes everything inside me hurt even more to the point I force myself to ignore the urges to paint/model my ideas.
I have a very good short and long term memory. To the point of remembering people clothes, occurring event hours, weather, colors, everything. This probably made me become a programmer, and then, gave me enough money to be a pussy.
>>
>>28922462
Apparently it is, but it's useless since all my other stats are too low.
>>
>>28922390
Figured somebody'd post that. I try not to discuss politics here, but I was asked a direct question. You do realize that not wanting to work directly for a government and being a fedoracore anti-statist are different things, right?

My reasons are mine, despite whatever parallels you might see with pre-existing memes, and I have no desire to explain how I as a person differ from a washed-out stereotype with almost no meaning left.
>>
Pretty sick if you ask me
>>
>Writing
Like a few other people ITT, I seem to be an above-average writer, if not truly good with the potential to become even better. I actually do want to make a career out of it by going into the comic book industry and writing comics and also prose. My issues with that are, I have no degree at the moment and going back to college to finish my degree in English would be expensive and I have no money.

Another thing about that is, even if I did, there'd be no guarantee that I'd be successful and actually prosper from it. I could write for a living but the odds of me being another J. K. Rowling or even a lesser known comic book creator are fucking low. So I could start writing, publish a novel, it might not sell, and then what? I barely make any money?

Ideally, I could use my position as a comic book writer to go into other ventures, like writing for cartoons, tv shows, movies, or even video games, but honestly none of that seems very likely.

>Video games
I also consider myself above average at vidya. I'd love to become a professional competitive gamer but then that's probably not very likely to happen either. I'm definitely better than average but will I ever be truly good enough to profit from video games, getting top places in major tournaments? No, probably not. Even if I practice hard, go to local tournaments and such for the games that I actually play or plan to start playing, like Smash 4 or SFV, I will probably never git gud enough to win major tournaments and shit.
>>
I know a shit ton about history (sometimes I think too much) but I know I can't do shit with it.
It's fucking awful.
>>
>baseball

I used to be pretty good at baseball, I quit it because I wanted to focus more on school. I think it was the right decision, it's a silly hobby.

>languages
I have a great understanding of grammar and how it works - I'm fluent in English, French, and Spanish. I'd be learning more if I wasn't lazy.

>memory
I have a photographic memory. I remember my method of studying was staring at the study guide and getting a mental image of it so I can just refer to the image while taking the test. Has worked like every single time.
>>
>>28920515
>drawing
I hate doing it tho since its boring
>writing
no passion for it either but I dont really get bored with it
>endurance
I may not be strong or fast but I can do a lot with enough time
>charismatic
I could persuade a robot to get over his "lol so randum social anxiety and depression" for long enough to ask a stacie out
>reasoning
call me a know-it-all but I really do

none of it can help me find a pretty gf
>>
>>28922433
I don't really play much competitive stuff anymore, just lost the drive to constantly git gud.

Used to play a bunch of USF4 and CS:GO though, and am just like naturally good at games. Was like 3k PP or whatever universal ladder ranking was in SF and DMG in CS:GO.
>>
I'm generally a quick learner but perhaps what hurts me is that I have no friends, no contacts etc. I guess I could be an asset to a number of projects, yet nobody knows about me.
I'm looking forward to work as a freelancer from home, and I don't know how to expand my social circles.
>>
From a societal view any art can be seen as ultimately pointless. But there are two reasons for it. The first is self-expression. Second is what you're bringing into the world, the specific ideas, emotions, etc. that you're art reflects.

A lazy example is that a guy who is exposed to a story of a man getting cucked or fucked by women might see the signs before it happens to him.
>>
I know how to draw properly.
I've always been told i'm a very creative person who always comes up with good designs.
I can put both legs behind my head
>>
>>28923118
DMG isn't good it's average
>>
>>28922690
>above average writer

There is no such thing because all writing is equally shit. It's like being the best in the turd bucket.
>>
>music

Every two-bit musician thinks they're hot shit, spends a week recording a few shitty acoustic tracks on SoundCloud and Bandcamp and advertises their shit everywhere they can. I've been writing and recording music for years but reluctant to put anything up online because I think it's inadequate - the market's saturated enough as it is with mediocrity

>music blogging

Maybe a little less useless - though it's still a pretty small and insignificant page I write for, it's on the downturn anyway because of low input. Still, it helps to support my above point - the amount of bedroom musicians we get sending their demo tapes in for us to review is not even funny.
>>
>>28920515
>what is your talent
playing and writing ill as fuck guitar riffs and solos

>why is it worthless
in the end it will only get me a few year's worth of playing local shows while making no money and no name for myself because I'm autistic and can't into music business
>>
I'm alright at snowboarding

I don't think I have any real talents though I'm mediocre at pretty much everything
>>
>>28920515
I guess the one thing i'm alright at is shooting, would love to try a winter biathlon, but here in the UK it's one of the most worthless skills.

I like history too, better than most people I know, but haven't got any qualifications in it.
>>
>>28922759
Switch baseball with tennis and switch French/Spanish with Italian/Japanese and we're twins separated at birth.
>>
>>28924531
>I'm alright at snowboarding

Family holiday punter detected
>>
>>28921708
>objectively wrong
Let's hear it, champ.
>>
>>28920598
Art. I can draw well and it's the only way I can communicate and entertain. Which is absolutely pretentious of course. I'd give my right arm to be good at writing or talking.
>>
>>28920515
Languages.

Everyone has smartphones with access to Google Translate or other similar services, and if that's not enough, I also have social anxiety and much trouble understanding accents, so yeah, I think my talent is worthless.
>>
>>28926849
I also can (or at least could) memorize facts, but thanks to Wikipedia and smartphones, that's useless. I remember random details from my life really well, but I don't know what to do with that (except write an autobiography that no one will read).
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.