[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get job >they tell us the dress code >no tshirts or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: question.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
>get job
>they tell us the dress code
>no tshirts or hoodies allowed
>give us tour of the store
>all the employees are wearing tshirts and hoodies

wtf? Does this mean they are allowed or what? Help me /r9k/ I don't want to get fired but I don't own that many tops that aren't just blank tshirts and it rains a lot here so hoodies are nice

My only alternative is dresses but I don't really want to work in a dress
>>
Don't show up tomorrow in a t-shirt. Feel it out for a few days and if it seems to be fine then go for it.
>>
>>28918973
buy a dress shirt?

Alternatively, don't be such a faggot and just wear whatever the fuck you want. If they fire you over it, fuck them, NEET life is better anyway.

what kind of job is it, anyway?

and ree roasties get out
>>
yea if ur a girl wear blouses and more professional tops for like a week.

Women get away with wearing pretty much whatever they want so long as it's in good condition and clean. Leggings aren't even real pants and no one has ever cared.
>>
>>28919029
I only have one button up shirt unfortunately, I'm not a fan of them I feel like they make me look like a dyke because I'm small and they're always enormous on me, like a lumberjack or something

>>28919052
That was my plan, I'll probably throw in some dresses as well but with leggings so it's more comfortable. They straight up said they don't care if you wear leggings as pants to work, but somehow no tshirts. I just don't even know man.
>>
>>28919128
>what kind of job is it, anyway?

If it's an office job, nobody gives a fuck. Do what >>28919052 said and play it safe for a week or two. After that, you gucci familia.

If it's customer facing, they're probably worried about graphic and branded tees, so blank should be fine. Same goes for hoodies.

also be my internet gf pls
>>
>>28919234
It's at a grocery store

And yeah I only own a few shirts with stuff on them, they are all mostly blank
>>
File: 1432881054047-1.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1432881054047-1.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>work an office job, in the IT "department"
>mfw I completely ignore the dress code unless I want a raise
Last time I negotiated for a raise, I showed up in a dress shirt (unbuttoned just enough to be seductive without going full-on trashy), a skirt, and stockings with nice shoes. Then at lunch, after the negotiation, I switched back into my ratty jeans, old sneakers, and (slightly too big) Metal Slug tshirt.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.