[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (428 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
428 KB, 1280x960
> The worst mistake people make is thinking they deserve to be loved.

Do people deserve love?
Discuss
>>
>>28918759

Yes, of course. Every single human being deserves love. The problem is that people want to be treated one way without allowing themselves to treat others the same way they want to be treated. The problem has nothing to do with "deserving" love. The problem has to do with everyone thinks they should get it without sincerely giving it in return.
>>
>>28918839
Then why doesn't anyone love me?
>>
>>28918759
From an objective point of view no-one deserves anything. There is no law of nature that says that if someone is wanting then they will receive.

From a humanistic point of view, yes, people are deserving of love and neglect or withholding of that love is a crime against the nature of humans as social beings.

I'm personally more of the objective school of thought on this point.
>>
>>28918856

I cannot say for certain why this may be anon. Maybe it is in your head, maybe it has to do with your surroundings, I'm just not sure. If you wouldn't mind my asking, do you feel depressed? Or would you say you at least like yourself?

I apologize if that is rude, I only ask because through my own experiences I've found that once we are happy with ourselves and find our inner peace, it is a lot easier for us to share our happiness with others.
>>
>>28918908

I would say that your description of the differences between these two are succinct. However, I would say that "objective" is a bit strong. If you view the world through a naturalistic and logical lens, then sure, I would tend to agree with you. But I would only respond with the comment that humans are neither naturalistic in their entirety, nor are they logical in their entirety.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 199x169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 199x169
No unless you are chad you won't be genuinely loved. As a robot you must accept this. Thinking otherwise will lead to a lot of bitterness and anger.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 960x960
>>28918967
This is the only picture of my fave i have available right now, you be the judge if im too ugly to love or not.

I feel like i'm dipping in and out of depression, telling myself I don't need to be sad about the things that i can't change.

I'm in a weird spot right now. I spent two years chasing after a close female friend of mine, and she just got into a relationship with a third friend, which prompted me to cut communication with her.

I feel like i'm channeling all my anger over lost youth towards her, even if it ain't her fault.
>>
>>28918856
I love you. Isn't that enough!?
>>
>>28919075
Even if i spend some time away, i know i'll always have my robots
>>
Some people dont.
Some people do nothing but cause harm to others, especially the ones who care about them. These people deserve to be alone.
>>
>>28919102
Yo fuck you fish you're not welcome in this thread, you metalhead dicknugget
>>
>>28919099
YOU NEVER LOOK AT ME WHEN WE MAKE LOVE ANYMORE
>>
>>28919137
I dont give a shit if I'm welcome.
Being unwelcome makes me more likely to stay.
>>
>>28918759
Do you think she's in the driver's or passenger's seat?
>>
>>28919068

Anon, please never believe that attractiveness has anything to do with being loved. True and genuine love comes from the soul.

Are there any things that you enjoy doing that would at least keep your mind off of her? You may find that with new experiences you are more likely to be ready to shrug off the old ones. I know that this is a tough task, I'm not a silly person. But I really do want to see you better. And I do believe that the only way we can fully triumph over our past is to create a different future. A future that veers off the path that our past came from.

I mentioned earlier that sometimes people want love without being able to love others. Keep in mind that what I mean here is not a romantic kind of love, but a much deeper and resounding love that comes from the deepest parts of our souls. Keeping that in mind, I would say to you that you should love this woman anyway.. Now, I would certainly say that she should never be considered a romantic interest, she may very well not deserve that. But I do believe that if we want to be loved, we should love anyone and everyone we can.
>>
>>28919179
Passenger's seat because of the direction of the seatbelt
>>
>>28919068

And if it matters to you, I think you a handsome guy. Your cat is very cute as well.
>>
File: dsfg.jpg (35 KB, 1427x144) Image search: [Google]
dsfg.jpg
35 KB, 1427x144
This robot is right, but at the same time...I think everyone deserves to be loved.
>>
File: 1462318301777.jpg (7 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
1462318301777.jpg
7 KB, 248x250
You're nobody till somebody loves you
>>
>>28919268
Hey good looking out, bro

I'd like to say i'm over this girl.
I don't talk to her anymore and I don't want to look back.

She really hurt me, but i have to remind myself that i love her (?)

I fluctuate between stressing out over going to college in germany, and being reassured that everything will work out.
My dad certainly makes it harder, pushing me to follow an internship before entering college.
But i want to serve in my country's reserves, which he doesn't want.

All i need is a woman to inspire me, to take my mind in another direction, cause right now i feel swamped.

( how is it that i, being single and unloved, am the one to give love advice to my friends? )
>>
Love isn't enough. Grow up you naive twits. It takes balls, thick skin and work to win at life for us in the wagie class. Better /fit/, nofap, and gamble every chance you have.
>>
>>28919320
You really are kind, aren't you?
>>
>>28919179
Passenger's cause she was in my car when she took the pic :^)
>>
>>28919382

I think it is good that you are ready to move on. What I meant by "reminding yourself that you love her" is to remind yourself that the sort of love you showed this woman is the type of love you should show everyone. Like I've said, this can be scary and incredibly difficult. If you manage to be able to do this with even a handful of people, it should be considered a success. But the main point here is that at the very least, we should all at least try to do this with everyone we meet.

As for your father, I am very sorry to hear that. I apologize that I cannot do anything but offer my words of support. For him, I believe that the best thing to do would be to talk to him. Perhaps the best conversation to have would be to understand why he wants these things for you, and to understand why he doesn't want you to go into the reserves. I would recommend telling him ahead of time (maybe in the morning if you want to have the conversation in the evening) that you really want to talk to him; then when it comes time tell him that he can have his chance to say what he wants, then he has to allow you to say what you want. This way you two can communicate openly and honestly. The important part to this suggestion is to be patient and loving with him, because he may say things you don't want to hear. And he may get angry at the things you have to say. This is why it is important to be patient and loving.

Things will work out Anon. If you keep your heart and soul open and loving for others, things will work out. I believe in you.
>>
>>28919416

Is it impossible to be thick-skinned, hard-working, determined, and yet compassionate and loving? Is that combination of assets as a whole impossible?
>>
File: image.gif (48 KB, 286x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
48 KB, 286x200
>>28919553
I appreciate it my man.
I can only hope you, too, are well.
You are welcome to share anything that bothers you here.
>>
File: eagle.jpg (91 KB, 800x604) Image search: [Google]
eagle.jpg
91 KB, 800x604
>>28919417
Have a black cup of coffee. Break stuff. Stop being a fucking pussy.
>>
>>28919068
You have a nice pussy my good sir.
>>
File: 1426024101824.jpg (178 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1426024101824.jpg
178 KB, 604x453
>>28919628

Of course. I'm happy I could help.
>>
>>28918759
Doesn't it just happen?

It's not something that you can control.
>>
Gandalf explains my opinion best: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life.
>>
>>28918759
I don't deserve it, i want it though.
Had it once and was greatest moment in my life.
>>
>>28918759
more pics of her?

someone said this before
>>
>>28918759
The worst mistake I see people make more often is assuming that other people around them think like they do.
>>
>>28918759
I think people definitely deserve some live, but also respect and happiness
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.