[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies care about wild animals so much? Everywhere people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9
File: innocent animal.webm (1 MB, 202x360) Image search: [Google]
innocent animal.webm
1 MB, 202x360
Why do normies care about wild animals so much? Everywhere people are crying in the comments about this gorilla being shot dead.
>>
>>28917052
silverback gorillas are a lot more rare and therefore valuable than idiot millenials
>>
>>28917052
You have to be a real shitty parent to lose sight of your kid in a fucking zoo. It's not the gorillas fault.
>>
>>28917079
>rare gorilla

Who gives a shit. Animals have been going extinct for generations.
>>
So... what did the gorills do wrong exactly? Looked like it was protecting the child if anything.
They do understand that gorillas are powerful enough to snap a full grown man in half, let alone a small child, right?
>>
>>28917052
We rely on animals to live in some way or another. All animals play an important role in keeping the world habitable for all other animals. Causing animals to go extinct might mean we're next. Not like that's a bad thing, because we're destroying our planet and turning it into an uninhabitable wasteland, but normies are narcissistic idiots and think that they're the most important thing in the world.
>>
>>28917052
lol jheah as an big butt LOl
>>
File: 17983426734.png (412 KB, 692x784) Image search: [Google]
17983426734.png
412 KB, 692x784
>>28917093
yeah seriously, it seems like this shit happens every other year

i could see it happening in undeveloped countries like china or mexico, but you'd think americans could build enclosures that weren't so easy to fall into
>>
>>28917156
You can't trust wild animals, even if they appear docile
>>
>>28917294
>china
>mexico
>undeveloped
they're treated like the US's backyard, but their big cities are hardly undeveloped.
>>
>>28917052
This. I would've shot the kid.

inb4 edgemeister
>>
>>28917294
The kid was able to crawl through bars and then throught protective wires. I've been to that zoo 100 times. It would have taken him a few minutes to do this. Plenty of time for parents or any other bystanders to see. The retarded kid and negligence of the patents are completely to blame here.
>>
It's called empathy. It's a feel that you autists wouldn't understand.
>>
put out of its misery if you ask me
>>
>>28917425
naw, I love animals. They're better than humans, anyway. AND I DON'T MEAN THAT SEXUALLY, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT, FURSHIT IS FUCKING DISGUSTING AND ALL FURRIES DESERVE TO BE SLOWLY TORTURED TO DEATH
>>
>>28917052

Concern for animal welfare isn't mutually exclusive for normies or robots.
>>
>>28917302
almost all wild animals are more predictable than humans

most are at pains to advertise how their mind is and what they're going to do
>>
Putting a savage animal in an enclosure with idiot spectators who can't take proper care of their kids was always a disaster waiting to happen.
>>
The kid is a niglet, dumbfuck nig nog parents weren't watching the kid.
>>
lol even if it was the last gorilla on earth and a 99 year old man on the brink of death fell in there, the gorilla is getting blasted. keep crying
>>
File: 1447828086236.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447828086236.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
A human life is more important that some monkey in cage. Some business men may disagree.
>>
>>28917425
>empathy for a giant gorilla

but why
>>
>>28917357
Apparently the little kid even told his mother that he was going to jump into the enclosure prior to doing it.
>>
File: killer faggot whale.jpg (12 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
killer faggot whale.jpg
12 KB, 410x308
You know what animal really needs to fuck off?

God damn killer whales.

Look at this fucking thing, it would kill the shit out of you given the chance. Fuck killer whales, and you know what, fuck whales in general. Atleast Japan realises the threat these fucking shits pose.
>>
>>28917357
where is the camera from OP then, looks right on the edge
>>
>>28919105
this

also elephants, gigantic rampaging assholes
>>
>>28918711
EVERY FUCKING TIME I SEE THIS WEBM I THINK IT'S CP GOD STOP POSTING IT
>>
>>28917052
Extremely rare species of animal; critically endangered, probably won't be around by the end of the next decade and it got shot because some stupid niglet got into its cage

In a just world they would've shot the nigger and its parents and let the monkey live

People care because animals are innocent and people are not

I care much more about animals than I do about people
>>
>>28919190
sorry FBI agent, I dont' like giving you extra work
>>
>>28919221
>animals are innocent

What makes you believe that?
>>
I'm far from a normie and I think it's fucked up they killed the gorilla. People need to stop breeding.
>>
>>28917651
Fucking kekking m8
>>
File: 1047638.png (741 KB, 984x652) Image search: [Google]
1047638.png
741 KB, 984x652
>>28917688
>putting a savage animal in an enclosure with idiot spectators who can't take proper care of their kids was always a disaster waiting to happen
/thread
>>
File: 1420053874461.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1420053874461.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>28919281
Living live forms die everyday. What's so bad about a gorilla dying for the possible safety of a human child?
>>
>>28917100
You wouldn't be saying that if it were a rare Pepe, would you?
>>
>>28919240
Animals are driven solely by instinct

Man is driven by much more than that and he chooses what drives him
>>
>>28919315
The death of a human or a gorilla is hardly a disaster. Hunters kill things all the time for the joy of it. Just because it isn't caught on camera you normies don't seem to care about it.
>>
>>28917182
This post is extremely under rated. It should win an award.
>>
>>28919327
if a human baby dies another thousand will be shat out in the next few minutes. if a gorilla dies its species is one step closer to extinction.
>>
>>28919354
You say that but there are clearly cases of humans compulsively relying solely on instinct, such as the mentally ill, etc. That's basically the SJW movement, that humans are a product of their environment and cannot be expected to make good life choices.
>>
>>28919465
>its species is one step closer to extinction

And why should I care? Species go extinct all the time.
>>
>>28917156
Nothing. On the news they showed two other incidents where children fell into gorilla habitats. One rubbed the kids back and the second picked up the kid and brought him to the zoo keepers. In these recent clips you hear the people screaming and freaking out when the gorilla gets near the kid and it gets startled and starts acting out
>>
File: giphy_its_a_joke.gif (980 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
giphy_its_a_joke.gif
980 KB, 500x283
>>28917052
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljiq_x5uyDE

If the tiger would have been shot the normies would scream out murder and say it was just playing around with the hopeless guy/ checking out if it was okay.
>>
Does anybody have a link to the full 10 minute vid? Specifically the gorilla being shot?
I can't wait to see this kid on Today show and Ellen. He's a fucking gangster. Just letting that silverback stand him up and pull his shorts up and shit. Smooth operator
>>
>>28917052
That gorilla's life was far more valuable than the niglet's life.
What's worse, the gorilla was fool enough to try to protect the niglet, should have killed it immediately tbqh
>>
>>28919484
because they are not supposed to go extinct so often you retard.
>>
>>28919465
You're forcing a species who can't survive in the modern world to stay on this earth. Isn't that literal torture for hundreds and hundreds of animals because of it? If it can't survive you should let it die.

A human baby has much more possibility that a hairy no good piece of shit that does nothing. That kid might be very productive in the future, as for the ape, we'll live out his live in a cage being a spectacle for other apes. You're an edgy retard with nothing valuable to say. Literally shut up nigger
>>
>>28919558
>they are not supposed to

According to who? Maybe it's just their time.
>>
>>28919468
That's why we have something called "not guilty by reason of mental disease of defect"
>>
>>28919558
???
99.9% of species that have lived on earth are extinct. What makes you think a big ape would last?
>>
>>28919501
a tiger is very different socially from a gorilla
>>
>>28917329
If anything their cities are overdeveloped.
>>
>>28919564
children of parents dumb enough to let their kids fall into gorilla cages aren't human
>>
>>28919564
more and more species cannot survive in the "modern world" where humans are fucking up ecosystems to keep up our unsustainable populatoins. if you want to keep living like a modern human and not just think about your species alone, you need to think critically about the consequences of our actions and take responsibility for them.

>>28919577
according to the history of extinctions. there has been a dramatic rise due to human activity such as poaching and deforestatoin.

>>28919609
99.9% of species were already extinct before we could have made a difference.
>>
>atheists
lol
>>28919564
>productivity is good
lol
>>28919501
Tigers are predators, a gorilla isn't.

That gorilla was probably more intelligent than the kid and didn't even notice it until people started screaming.
>>
>>28918711
sauce me up senpai

hardly original
>>
>>28919484
A
E
I
O
U

Aesthetic reasons--beauty
Ecological reasons--self explanatory
Intellectual reasons--we are able to learn more about ourselves through them
Obligatory reasons--we are stewards for biodiversity
Utilitarian reasons

Bio student here. Fuck the mother.
>>
>>28919690
There were a shitton of extinctions when the meteor hit. Why are extinctions a bad thing? The earth has survived. We have thrived. Those gorillas are not worth shit in the grand scheme of things. We could go out and murder them all. The world would be just fine.
>>
>>28919738
it is just a stupid hairy monkey. we should not have to hold its hand to make it survive. if nature wants it to go extinct it should go extinct. survival of the fittest, motherfucker.
>>
>>28919365
>Hunters kill things
killing deer or other invasive or overpopulated species like wild pigs isn't a huge deal

neither is people that pay thousands of dollars to go to africa and kill an old as fuck lion

poaching is what people should be mad about
>>
>>28919758
you must be retarded lad. a meteor is a very extraordinary event that is of course going to cause a mass extinction and nothing can be done about it. but never has a single species on its own been able to have near the same effect like we have.
>>
>>28919738
>we are able to learn more about ourselves through them
This is not intellectual
>we are stewards for biodiversity
why?
>Utilitarian reasons
Utilitarianism is the downs syndrome child of ethics.
>>
>>28919758

Humans aren't worth shit in the grand scheme of things.
>>
File: we deserve extinction.png (19 KB, 594x157) Image search: [Google]
we deserve extinction.png
19 KB, 594x157
>>28919738
>beauty

There is nothing beautiful about that creature. It's a giant ugly monkey. It's an eyesore if anything.
>>
>>28919564
>That kid might be very productive in the future
probably not as productive as that gorilla
that ape makes the zoo a ton of money and if it helps some gorilla grill shit out some new gorillas that's valuable as fuck
>>
Anyone got link to video?

To lazy to google
>>
>>28920001
the webm in the OP shows the worst of it
>>
>>28918899
It just wants to be free, do its thing didn't ask for any of this.
>>
>animal no one has ever heard of is poached and killed in Africa
>national incident, man who did it is public enemy number 1, super villain of millions who should be put to death

>dumbass kid brags about knowing how to get into Gorilla enclosure
>dumbass kid spends minutes working his way into the enclosure in front of hundreds, no one does anything
>dumbass kid gets has gorilla murdered because dumbass kids parents are hootin and hollering tryin to egg the gorilla on
>zookeepers have to shoot it to prevent the zoo becoming a PR nightmare for having a gorilla possibly kill a child
>""""african american youth"""" narrowly escapes near death from vicious Gorilla (Watch Now) [HD FULL VIDEO] (Original)
>>
>>28920415
>gorilla
>murdered

Only people can be murdered.
>>
>>28919327
>human child

It was just a niglet that will likely grow up to be a dope-slinging gangbanger. Who gives a shit, they are breeding like cockroaches anyway.
>>
>>28917052
Who gives a fuck about some kid? There are plenty of people on earth. Meanwhile gorillas are pretty much extinct.
>>
>>28917052
i normally wouldn't give a shit about animals getting abused or even tortured, they are animals. but this shit shouldn't have happened. it's a rare, relatively intelligent animal that lives in a zoo to entertain people. some stupid kid wanted to get himself killed, and the zoo faggots shot their own property so it wouldn't happen. they didn't even really save the kids life it sounds like.

the kids mom essentially paid 15 bucks or whatever so that she could kill an animal that thousands of people want to see, one that couldn't possibly fuck shit up in the environment or get in anyones way, like pests or stray dogs.

normies are just fucking retarded though. they think all animals are exactly like us because of the cartoons they grew up with.
>>
File: gorillas smarter than niggers.jpg (326 KB, 1135x743) Image search: [Google]
gorillas smarter than niggers.jpg
326 KB, 1135x743
>>28917302
A gorilla is not a normal wild animal.

Gorillas are extremely intelligent, and this gorilla was most likely trying to protect the child. Gorillas are vegetarians too.
>>
>>28917052
Because the shithead parents dropped their kid in a fucking animal exhibit and the gorilla was the only one responsible enough to protect the kid. Humans killed the gorilla for being the only creature that did something right that day. Fuck em. Gorillas are smarter than niggers, they should be given special status.
>>
>>28920570
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_ape_personhood
>>
this is like the porterhouse fucking steak of shitposting.
>>
>>28921124
This. And whilst niggers population is growing rampant, gorillas population is decreasing day after day.

How relevant is one individual out of 2 billion (number of blacks) in comparison with one individual out of 150 thousand.
>>
lol who cares, it wasn't a cute doggy
>>
>>28917329
Development is not ubiquitous throughout the country and their regulations and legal systems are jokes
>>
>>28917052
I don't understand valuing human life over an animals.
>inb4 edge lord faggot
An animals goes off nothing but instinct, they don't think rationally or have any eternal monologue. If a human does a shit thing it's because they're a shit person. They chose to do said thing knowing it was wrong.
For example, the shit mother who left her kid unattended to the point where this happened.
>>
>>28922303
Gorillas are extremely intelligent, they don't just go off instinct. Great apes are capable of logical thought.

Gorillas can show empathy and compassion.
>>
>>28919465
are you autistic? gorillas are unintelligent brutes that exist solely because we have allowed them to. that child has more potential to help our species than any gorilla. nice b8
>>
>>28917052
It looks like the gorilla was being protective. Why did they shoot it again?
>>
>>28921123
>Gorillas are extremely intelligent
that is not true. gorillas are among the dumbest mammals because they don't eat meat
>>
>>28922303
Horseshit. You think to elevate yourself above the animals. You're made of the same meat as the rest of us, my friend.

Many mammals as well as other animals show behavior that is not instinct. Open your eyes and look around you. Maybe get yourself a mammal as a pet and bond with it.

A gorilla is capable of the same range of emotions as you. They may not be able to communicate these emotions to you in a way you understand, but they have them in a manner that is just as complex as you or I.

I am not trying to say that this would be true for all mammals or other animals.

But the apes....

The feels, robots. The apes have them just like us.

The child was simply too inexperienced at life to understand the danger it was in. Whomever was supposed to be minding it really fucked up here.

>>28919105
>whales

And who the fuck posts shit like fuck whales etc.? Did you get molested by a dolphin or something?
>>
>>28923603
whaIe detected
>>
>>28924075
No seriously, did the poster get ass-fucked by a fish? What the fuck do whales have to do with a caged gorilla mauling a human child?
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.