[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you gave up on violin as a teenager because of depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: feel-suicide.png (461 KB, 1059x962) Image search: [Google]
feel-suicide.png
461 KB, 1059x962
>tfw you gave up on violin as a teenager because of depression
>tfw took up guitar a year ago and hate this pleb shit
>tfw hearing your favorite music
>tfw it's too late to gitgud now and play scriabin and tchaikovsky since you need to do it continuously from childhood to play anything not retarded

FUCKKKK
>>
Guitar is best no contest
>>
>>28916943
Sounds like an excuse to not ever do anything.
>>
>>28916999
no

I hate most guitar players too. Fags with no talent who don't know any musical theory and buy a bunch of gay ass pedals. So many metal losers who want to SHRED BROOOO.

classical guitar is cool though, but still, I regret every day not continuing with violin, now it's too late

as for piano maybe after 10 years of grinding I can be able to play clair de lune, fuck my life
>>
>>28916943
I've never understood the interest in our culture in being the performer.

To be the composer or the listener seems worthwhile.

The performer is everyone's bitch.
>>
>>28917063
why do you think they're mutually exclusive
>>
>>28916943
It's never too late anon, if you aren't doing anything just practice, solo.

The amount of time is the same, it's just when you chose to spend it.
>>
>>28917111
what does it matter

lol I can play chopsticks while 15 year olds play THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERl5yP9m_dw

feel like a cUckold tbH, I want to kill myself for not continuing with it
>>
File: poopy-face.gif (141 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
poopy-face.gif
141 KB, 250x250
>>28917039
iktf
>that kid who brings his acoustic to school
>always strums same basic chord
>can hear the buzz
meanwhile...
In one year, i learned to sweep pick and finger tap and le crazy solos.
I lost interest in guitar, doing piano now.
>>
>>28917144
Then just kill yourself, because clearly, you are not living for yourself.
>>
>>28917148
I gave up on classical guitar because I like an idiot punched a fucking wall with my hand and had to get surgery on my knuckle to repair the tendon

it's never been the same and I can't really use that finger for very long without pain

so I have to play rock basically (since jazz also requires fingerstyle), it's just mind numbingly boring

fuck I wish I didn't give up violin that was my true calling in life

actually I stopped playing it when my abusive grandfather said he liked the sound of me playing it, since I hated him so much I threw my violin at a wall and never played it again

I think I have a very childish anger problem but fucking whatever.
>>
When's too late to learn an instrument?
>>
>>28917285
12 for a real instrument like a piano, classical guitar, or violin, but for a lame ass instrument like RAWK GITAR any fag can pick it up and play the same lame power chords
>>
>>28917271
Anon why don't you move out?

I'd move if there's someone I hate so much in my immediate vicinity.
>>
>>28917353
NO MONEY, but I'm transferring to real boy college soon (as opposed to CC) so I will live on my own then
>>
>>28917285
Never really.

But you probably don't have the dedication to put in the hours anyway.
>>
>>28917148
how are you faring at piano?

did you start music at a young age or are you just a natural talent?
>>
>>28917441
Natural talent only shines when it comes to the highest level, sadly.
>>
>>28917285

Is agr limits for learning music a meme? Like, could I learn a basic normie rock instrument like guitar or bass at 21 and be good enough at it to make decent music or is all hope of my musician fantasy lost?
>>
>>28917509
No the mental stress from a childhood exposure to playing music cause those neural connections to form

once you're old it's 2LATE2DO unless you want to spend 10 hours a day for a decade to learn basic repertoire lmao

but yeah you could learn how to play RAWK, that takes no musical talent at all.
>>
>>28917548

Hmmm, not blowhard RAWK but what if i wanted to play stuff like post-punk or shoegaze?
>>
>>28917548
How come we can still learn skills other than music when we are past the childhood?
>>
>itt faggots bashing about guitars and rock music
>>
>>28917063
Are you kidding?? our entire modern music culture is based upon "performer worship". You stand on stage and pour your soul out for everyone to hear. Giving a thoughtful and artistically mature performance of a piece of classical music is the biggest panty dropper I've ever come across.

t. classical musician
>>
>>28917763
same shit, for shoegays just spend your entire salary on worthless guitar pedals and play the same retarded power chords, except this time play it slower
>>
>>28916943
>you need to do it continuously from childhood to play anything not retarded

No you don't. That's just an excuse for your laziness, like the depression was.
>>
>>28917943
>incoming fatalist replies
>>
>>28917763
Post-punk and shoegaze are as compositionally simple as any other genre of rock music, you pretentious fuckwad. Shoegaze is literally the same power chords with more pedals.
>>
File: Regret.png (400 KB, 1024x676) Image search: [Google]
Regret.png
400 KB, 1024x676
>really talented skateboarder as a kid
>loved skateboarding more than anything
>parents constantly hated on it
>"time to grow up anon"
>"put childish things aside anon"
>"how are you going to make money anon"
>agree to drop it so they leave me alone
>fast forward 10 years
>fat miserable wagecuck with a bad back and alcohol problem
>pray for death every minute
>dream of how things could have been different
>mfw
>>
>>28918061
No one is stopping u from skateboarding my man. Just do it.
>>
>>28917322
>>28917548
What about neoclassical rock?
>>
>>28918061
>really talented skateboarder as a kid

no you weren't

no kids are talented at skateboarding, do you ever see them on pro level?

I thought I was a pretty good artist as kid, but then I aged, saw more and got humbled
>>
>>28918273
I was 17 and had sponsorship
If i stuck with it who knows what would have happened, that's the point.

>>28918203
I'm thinking about getting into it again just for fun and enjoyment, gotta get fit first.
I'm 28 but my body feels 40 so i don't know..
>>
>>28916943
>18
>didn't study piano properly as a kid
>studying it properly now
>it's a thousand times harder and I will never be good at it
Fuck you, past me.
>>
>parents actively discourage you from all hobbies
>only have TV, video games and homework
>grow up no-skills
>spending your 20's catching up to others
Who else was fucked over like this?
>>
>>28917271
I play classic and electric and honestly electric is more chill and easier to play for long periods. Classic can be fun but a lot of practice is just for progression
>>
>>28918367
are you pro tho?
>>
One day you'll die and nothing you ever did will matter.
>>
>>28918615
Looking forward to it

This original comment was brought to you by /r9k/, the happiest place on the internet.
>>
>>28917985

Okay good to know. Since i know nothing about music I had no idea if shoegaze was any different musicially from anything else. Yaaay now my fantasies of being in a cool band may come true :')
>>
>>28918273
http://youtu.be/_aqS4_ua5lQ
>>
Is worth learning an instrument when your 22?
>don't care if I'm ever good just wondering if it is worth it
>>
>take adderall
>practice for 10 hours a day
Should not take very long
>>
>>28917322
You seem to be getting unusually upset over such a trivial thing.
>>
>>28920159
Any pursuit is worth it if it takes determination and skill. Literally any endeavor that requires work and doesnt result in direct harm to yourself or others. Remember that struggle is the essence of the human spirit.
>>
>>28917148
You sound like an arrogant dickhead and you're almost definitely not as good as you think you are.

>>28917271
So in your mind there's only classical, jazz and rock? Are you retarded?

>>28917322
If you're approaching music from the perspective of trying to prove how skilled you are and how few people can play like you, you already fucked up. Who gives a fuck how many people can play what you play, if it's what you enjoy? You have problems.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.