[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Role Model Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
Who was your role model when you were younger /r9k/?

Mine was Jonny Greenwood, multi-instrumentalist genius of Radiohead. I discovered him when I was twelve I think, and I just wanted to be like him. But now...

>26
>balding
>play guitar but literally no discernible musical talent

I've disappointed you Jonny-senpai, like I've disappointed everybody else. Gonna fucking kill myself soon.
>>
Does the guy even show up to recording/concerts anymore? It's been a while since I've heard a guitar in a Radiohead song.
>>
>>28915213
Radiohead sucks. Sorry to burst your bubble.
>>
>>28915213
I've never had a role model for more than a week at a time.
Role models are for insecure faggots who feel they need to copy someone in order to be successful.
>>
>>28915605
Fuck off Mr Bellamy
>>
>>28915560
jonny does a hell of a lot more than just play guitar. he's written scores for movies, does work with symphonies while he plays guitar, and plays a bunch of instruments

he's radiohead's secret weapon. there would be no radiohead as we know it without him
>>
i feel you man. When i was a teen my role model was kurt cobain. Then i realized i play the guitar right handed, i'm ugly and i don't have enough angst. Just fuck my shit up tbqh
>>
>>28915560
>multi-instrumentalist genius
>"i dont hear a guitar must mean hes gone xD"
I hope your idol wasn't Einstein
>>
>>28915213
Neil Young is my hero.
>>
Adolf Hitler is my role model
>>
Radiohead really is shit, im sorry.
>>
>>28916380
>le original joke xD
>am i le cool, guise??
>>
>>28916708
Show me what you like then senpai
>>
File: pxyYs_medium_image.jpg (33 KB, 580x305) Image search: [Google]
pxyYs_medium_image.jpg
33 KB, 580x305
pic very much related and a original comment to go with it.
>>
>>28916708
Ugh ... I know, right?
Muse is the better band desu
>>
File: Mark Hamill 46.jpg (46 KB, 428x604) Image search: [Google]
Mark Hamill 46.jpg
46 KB, 428x604
Mark Hamill, I have over 50 pictures of him saved on my computer and phone, and I like to scroll through them everyday to remind myself to try and be like him.
>>
>>28916800
Why? So you can call it shit?
No offense, but you have objectively bad taste in music.
>>
>>28916909
Not him but
>objectively bad taste in a subjective art form
You are objectively mentally challenged if this is actually what you believe, and I couldn't care less about Radiohead.
>>
>>28916909
>implying i give a shit about your opinion
eh whatever im off to bed
>>
>>28916959
Oh, wow, your post is so cringy, I blushed, sorry to burst your bubble.
>>
>>28916974
Nothing personal, but you're wrong. Sorry.
>>
>>28917011
Okay
Your ego must be pretty big if you actually think your opinions effect anyone so much as to "burst their bubble".
Literally no one cares what you think, and we only reply to tell you that the way you think it comical.
>>
>>28917064
he he yea
>>
>>28917064
No offense, but no one cares. Oh, wow, this is akward. I laughed a little bit.
>>
Jeff Buckley; the man gave zero fucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pkGd4AVkDw
>>
>>28916842
good choice friendo
>>
>>28916884
to be a manlet?
>>
File: 324572385789055747.jpg (27 KB, 600x294) Image search: [Google]
324572385789055747.jpg
27 KB, 600x294
Light Yagami

Now it's Trump.
>>
File: 2279174-brian_aragon.jpg (763 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
2279174-brian_aragon.jpg
763 KB, 1600x1200
>>28917415 #
Didn't realize this was for ones when you were younger.

I guess Brian Argon who was a professional aggressive inline skater. He was considered pretty much the best in the sport for his time around the mid 2000's. I even got to meet him, he signed my skates
>>
File: nemo.jpg (13 KB, 189x250) Image search: [Google]
nemo.jpg
13 KB, 189x250
>>28915213
Nemo was always my hero. He never let nightmares get in the way of cookies, clown girls or dirigible rides. I aspire to be that comfy every day.
>>
Jonny is also my role model! I love him and all his work, because of him I learned music theory, learned how to play seven different instruments and play around with synthesizer and effects.
>>
>>28919267
I mean, you can have all that ability, but at the end of the day, Radiohead doesn't sound good aside for Creep. But Creep sure does sound good.
>>
>>28919346
That's fine. I think creep is awful and their other work infinitely times better, but we all have our opinions.
>>
I wanted to be like the singer for the Dead Kennedys. Now I write and play for a punk band, and I'm pretty drugged out. I've made poor life choices, but I'm well on my way to dying at 27.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.