[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Family member said we dont want you here anyway, after I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: paul.jpg (39 KB, 956x302) Image search: [Google]
paul.jpg
39 KB, 956x302
>Family member said we dont want you here anyway, after I denied the invitation

They called and left a message telling me about a bbq they are having tomorrow. I had no plans to go anyway, I hate bbqs and social things like it. Instead of just saying no, I called back and left a message saying, I dont attend bbqs where you just serve 80/20 ground beef, I only eat bison but thanks. I thought this would be better then saying just no, and has truth to it too, love bison

anyway i got a txt from my uncles son whos like 14 saying we didnt want you to come anyway we were just being nice.

Was I in the wrong or no?
>>
>>28914834
Yes, you should have just said no and left it at that.
>>
>>28914834
you came off passive aggressive. So they did the same.
>>
>>28914834

>I hate bbqs and social things like it. Instead of just saying no, I called back and left a message saying, I dont attend bbqs where you just serve 80/20 ground beef, I only eat bison but thanks. I thought this would be better then saying just no

Well it wasn't.

I know because I'm very similar to you.

You can't win either way. If you say you hate social stuff, people won't understand, and if you lie and make up a reason, it will sound like bullshit.

Either way, you need to reach out to others occasionally, or people take it personally.

I know I would.

It's not about being right, but love begins with paying attention to others, with a graceful act of self-forgetting. This is the condition in which we grow.
>>
>>28914923
thats a good point senpai
>>
>>28914834
>we didnt want you to come anyway we were just being nice
Escalate. Text back "Go fuck yourself cunt", cut these faggots out of your life.
>>
>>28915156
I probably should do this, thanks
>>
>>28914834
hmm I usually come up with self-deprecating lie for these things, like I have a hemmeroid or terrible diarrhea
>>
>>28914834
Literally the same for me. My family was invited to a bbq tonight, and my parents gave me the option to go and i said no. After they left, my dad called me and said i hurt my moms feelings and that i should get used to spending more time in my room because i wont be allowed to go to any other partys, but i dont care
>>
>>28915218
I used to get that u hurt ur moms feelings shit all the time, hell I still do and im 29 but i live at home so whatever
>>
>>28914834
Should have just said no. Also try to reach out to your family, you're stuck with them for your entire life. Might as well try to get along with them
>>
>>28915338
I get along with my parents, I live with them, just dont talk or care for the rest
>>
>>28915274
Yeah it pisses me off more each time. When has anyone given a shit about my feelings?
>>
>>28915218
>wont be allowed to go to any other partys
Is that supposed to be a punishment? Top kek, stupid normies.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.