[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I submit a cartoon idea to someone who can actually produce it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1459612621835.jpg (50 KB, 720x740) Image search: [Google]
1459612621835.jpg
50 KB, 720x740
How do I submit a cartoon idea to someone who can actually produce it?
>>
>>28914670
>Know how to draw
>Know people
>???
>Profit!
>>
>>28914943
How do I meet the people to get me to the question marks?
>>
>>28915190
You be born to someone with connections.
>>
>>28915190
Have you tried making friends, anon?
>>
>>28915468
Will u b my frend?
>>
>>28915190
>Art school
Cal arts is where most prominent western animators come from.

>Alt comics scene
Most of those animators get involved with the alt comics scene (Koyama Press, Youth in Decline, ect.) If you can draw, put all your work into a comic. Pitch it to a small indie press and you'll have a small foot in the door.

End of the day you have to be able to draw. That or be a great writer and have a clear idea of what you want so you can team up with an artist and make your story happen.
>>
>>28915491
I would, but you don't seem cool enough
Sorry
Takes friends to make friends
>>
>>28915509
Do you mean first pitch it as a comic or pitch it as a cartoon in a storyboard form?
>>
Just get a following online for doing dumb badly drawn comics like kcgreen does. He only puts out unfunny garbage these days, but he's still getting offers from major animation studios and such, based on his following and contacts alone.

What I mean is basically just get lucky that retard kids like one or two comics you made and you go viral. Just bee urself.
>>
>>28915522
THE MEMES WERE RIGHT! TFW ALONE FOREVER!
>>
>>28915548
B-but I wanna make a preschool cartoon.
>>
>>28915542
As a comic. Cartooning starts with storyboarding. Making a good comic would be a good way to start.

You can't bring an unknown/unaccomplished/untested storyboard to a company and ask them to make it. It'd be pretty hard. You'd have to have something they could use to judge how good you are as a story-teller and artist. Comic is a good way to do that as well as meet people who would be interested in the same thing.

Even if you do get into a room of people to pitch a toon, you'll have to make the pilot pretty much by yourself.
>>
>>28915190
email me

[email protected]
>>
>>28915677
Oh fug. I have no ideas. I was just curious. Thanks for the offer, though!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.