[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me, earlier today >accidentally pop right ear while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 600x508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 600x508
>be me, earlier today
>accidentally pop right ear while scratching itch inside my ear
>no blood, no pain, just a dull feeling and slight muffling of any sound in that ear
>"oh well, shit usually goes away on its own"
>4 hours pass, no change, start to get worried
>try everything on google
>blinking, tilting head, chewing gum, sucking on candy, burps/yawns do nothing
>head to work
>need my hearing to take calls and talk to customers
>I close tonight
>every swallow or yawn now makes my ear hurt, making me wince
>now I can't fucking hear in my right ear

Did I just make myself deaf in one ear? I'm actually kinda concerned
>>
but not enough to see a doctor? you deserve it
>>
>>28912439
This.

If you're worried then Go. To. A. Doctor.
>>
Chances are your ear is clogged with wax. You're gonna have to buy one of those kits or go to a doctor. Make sure to cook the water, if you're gonna pour it in your ear. So you don't pour bacteria into your ear that can kill you.
>>
ear infection

You probably had it for a long time already unknowingly, the itch just activated it in full force.
See a doctor and get on a lot of antibiotics.
>>
Hold your nose and alternately blow and suck really hard into the top of your head.
>>
Do this but f you want to go deaf.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2013-08-10-18h17m25s92.png (467 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-08-10-18h17m25s92.png
467 KB, 640x480
Sound like a wax clog.

Get some Hydrogen Peroxide and some warm (body temperature-ish) water and mix them together in a 1:3 ratio. Now you need to figure out a way to get the mixture in your ear. You can either use some kind of canadian squirt gun or a straw if you don't have a canadian squirt gun on hand. If you use a straw, suck up some of the mixture as if you were going to take a drink, but then put your finger on top of the straw to hold the mixture in the straw then lay on your side and dump it in your ear.

Depending on how bad the clog is, you might have to either repeat the process or increase the concentration of peroxide.

My ears get so packed with wax that I just use straight peroxide. If you do the same, just know that it's going to feel really cold going in and that some people get dizzy from having a cold fluid in their ear. Same reason why you want to have body temp water as mentioned above.

You will hear a popping or crackling in your ear. This is the hydrogen peroxide reacting with your earwax and dissolving it. When the crackles start to slow or stop, turn your head and dump it out. I usually have to do this at least twice.

Also, don't use q-tips before you try this because you'll end up pushing it further in your ear making it harder for the peroxide to get to. If you do it a few times and it still feels "blocked", you can use your shower or a squirtbottle to help flush your ear out.
>>
>>28912468
But doctors cost a shitload of money.
>>
>>28914044
They do in the third world anyways
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.