[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get over the fact that I'm a useless person and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 8e8.png (8 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
8e8.png
8 KB, 509x619
How do I get over the fact that I'm a useless person and shit at everything I do?
>>
trying is the first step on the road to failure
>>
>>28911023
You don't. Please robot, let me share my wisdom.
>>
>>28911023

there was a point in your life when you were a one point and in the distance you saw another place. You arrived there at some time, and when you looked back, could you believe you had come all that way?

The steps to the next point are made through habit and effort, you keep practicing and getting better.There will always be someone better, the person you should be trying to out shine is yourself.
>>
>>28911119
But if you hate yourself what good is there in making yourself a better person? Sure, I'm dieting and lifting because I want to feel physically better in my body but I know at the end of it I'll still be the same emotionally stunted idiot I was before.

/fit/ is a testemant to how doing typical "just improve yourself" shit won't net you a better lot in life.
>>
>>28911279

Anon, that doesn't make sense. If you improve a part of yourself, then you have made your life incrementally better. The next improvement will be easier, and so on.

As for the hating your self part, achieving these goals will help with that, it will make you feel more confident and then you can even think about how you did those things when you're feeling down on yourself.
>>
>>28911546
So my life is incrementally better, how will that get me any kind of meaning, love, etc?

Like I said, I'm lifting and dieting right now because I know that I'll feel even worse if I don't do it/get worse. I still hate myself despite it, it's like polishing a shit, it's still just a piece of shit.
>>
>How do I get over the fact that I'm a useless person and shit at everything I do?

Either figure out how to stop being useless or learn to accept it. Which of those choices is easier will depend on your personality.

Not being useless can be difficult for some people. I know its hard for me. I have literally fucked up everything that I have ever tried.

Accepting your uselessness can be really hard though. There is no secrets or shortcuts. I have been trying for years to accept it but I cant. So I always go back to trying to better myself and be less useless. But I always fuck that up and the cycle continues.

Sorry OP but I guess I dont have any answers for you as I am more or less in the same boat.
>>
>>28911626

anon you can't be that shit. are you a murderer? child molester? have you stolen from people that have trusted you? Are you saying this stuff because you are simply disappointed in yourself? Many people are disappointed in themselves anon, but it doesn't make them shitty people or wastes of life.

Something else you can do is seek some kind of group counseling, talking with someone will be very helpful for you, it has helped many people.
>>
>>28911796
None of those things, and I've never done anything illegal. I'm 20 and whilst everyone of my peers have had jobs, crucial life experiences, good life-long friends I've had none of it.

So when I get /fit/, if I learn a skill, if I learn to lie out my ass and show myself as not hating myself, what then? I'm stuck at (for a shitty analogy) Level 1 when everyone else is doing end-game content.

Group counselling? Where? In Britain mental health services are SHIIIIT for poorfags like me who can't afford to go private. I'm not an alcoholic, smoker, druggie, and the most traumatic part of my life as my dad dying of cancer, so there's no support groups for someone like me.
>>
>>28911915

You can't measure you life compared to others, just to your own goals and achievements. I do not know much about bongland, so I am sorry if there isn't counselling you can seek for free, perhaps there are AA groups or similar, maybe even church groups that meet where you can be around people and feel support from other human beings.

also stay off /r9k/, /soc/ and /pol/ it'll give you bad ideas.
>>
>>28912140
>just to your own goals and achievements

The thing is, goals and achievements mean jack shit if you don't have emotional backing. I got myself into a top-tier Uni (not Oxbridge though) doing something not STEM but still useful and I don't feel good.

There isn't counselling you can seek for free unless you want to wait 6 months on the NHS then get put on a "never hire for anything important" register the rest of your life. As for church groups, there may be some but religion is pretty non-existant in normal life here everywhere but London.

>stay off /r9k/, /soc/ and /pol/

I never visit /soc/ but I like visiting /r9k/ because of the feels, and I get a sick enjoyment out of my entire political worldview getting BTFO by /pol/.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.