[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Americans so fucking fat? I mean I'm not Chad body
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 5165109600.jpg (31 KB, 612x300) Image search: [Google]
5165109600.jpg
31 KB, 612x300
Why are Americans so fucking fat?

I mean I'm not Chad body myself, but at least I don't have a gut.

I've been to the pool and beach the past two days, and literally 3/4 of all the people I see have huge guts (even the women). Is it really that hard to have a half-way decent body?

Stop filling your faces with McDonalds, you retards.
>>
>>28910588
No.

McDolan's is delicious.
>>
>>28910689
Do you have no shame? How can you even consider going out in public with your body types.

Absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
>>28910719
McDolan's is delicious.

Only faggots and normies care about their bodies.
>>
>>28910751
At least stay away from the general public. No one wants to see your shit tier bodies at the beach or pool. Stay the fuck away.
>>
>>28910779
Nah.

Feel free to keep getting butt-blasted over things you can't control.
>>
look up the term "wheat belly"
>>
>>28910588
I'm not sure why people in city areas are fat since you can walk everywhere, but living in a semi-rural area makes much harder to lose weight.

You have drive everywhere to do something, not that there is much to do anyways. All we have here are restaurants. Any swimming pools are open and closed early, making it hard to go to during a workday. Good thing there are at least parks though of course, no amount of exercise will help if proper meals aren't in order. People don't know how to eat well, and bad food is cheap and accessible. And it has to be, otherwise it would complicate things for normies usual workday.

I'm starting to think that the problem runs much deeper
>>
For a lot of people I've met.. it's been a poor diet and too many working hours. I used to work IT HW for POS before I threw my back out and almost all of the people I've run into (both field and help desk) work long hours drinking sugary water, eating fast food almost constantly and are too tired to exercise afterwards.

Personally I used to go on ridiculously long walks with my wife on my days off or jogging on work days when our schedules aligned. Since I fucked up my back though about 3 years ago I've gained about 20-30 lbs and my weight has settled down around 240. I would give almost anything to be able to be physically active again and walk a mile or two without horrendous pain in both legs that lasts for a few days before it's back down to "normal" (being 3/10 on a regular day and 8/10 on a shitty day.)

tl;dr People don't appreciate being able to walk and move when they actually can.
>>
>>28911574
It sucks that you can't be as active. I would go insane.

I still think diet is the main problem though. Too much shit food available and people won't prepare good food to pack for lunch. Also, they'll complain that it won't taste good.

If you give yourself 1-3 months, the cravings for shit food will dissipate, but people are extremely impatient.
>>
>>28911727
This is true - old habits die hard especially in people who are on the road constantly like my old co-workers. I've had to change my diet and eating habits substantially and it's kept me from constantly gaining weight.. now the issue is actually being able to lose it. The disc in my l4/l5 lumbar is completely dead/degenerative and I've been in constant pain and sometimes complete leg paralysis on my left side for almost three years. It's cost me a career and has made me morbidly depressed..I wasn't exactly a beacon of light before the incident either. I'm currently going to try to swim in a semi-shallow pool this summer to build up upper body strength again since I can't really move my left leg. Legit no joke a todder could probably pin my left leg down and I wouldn't be able to lift it up at this point - it's almost impossible to swim normally and two weekends ago when I tried I was out of commission for three days being unable to walk.

Oh and the insomnia. That sucks too. But this isn't my fucking diary so I'll stop whining.
>>
>>28911727
This is the root of it. We'd just be skinny fat if it were only working hours and sedentary lifestyle, which is still of course a factor, but combine that with corn syrup every meal and Whataburger for dinner and you've got an entire country of fatties, save the upper middle class with the money and knowledge to go to Wholefags, Trader Jokes or My Shit Foods. Every person lower than that is too ignorant to afford healthy convenience foods, and absolutely no one will cook unless it's a special occasion.
>>
>>28911953
Now add cultural differences into the mix. Hispanics, for example, see being overweight as something HEALTHY. It pisses me off so damn much.
>>
>>28912363
2 liters of cane sugar coke a day keeps the beaner ok
>>
>>28912363
So you're saying that health is just a social construct? :^)
>>
>>28910779
Agreed. Fats need to stay away from all summertime activities.
>>
File: 1457849574883.gif (193 KB, 480x291) Image search: [Google]
1457849574883.gif
193 KB, 480x291
There's no reason in taking care of your body if you're not already attractive. it's like dressing up a pile of shit.

I'm not as fat as most of the fatties in this thread, but I do eat like shit, and eating is one of the few activities I still enjoy.
>>
Fat has become the de facto lower middle class.
>>
It baffles me how so many Americans don't understand this simple concept:

if calorie intake > calories burned, you gain weight

if calorie intake < calories burned, you lose weight.

>"I eat 4,000 calories a day, but they're HEALTHY calories!"

God damn.
>>
>>28913689
We're only the 26th fattest country. And a lot of the world is hot on our heels.

It's a class thing. The lower classes just don't see fitness as worth the work.
>>
I weigh 500+ pounds

Umad twiglets?
>>
>>28913787
I'm not mad, I think it's hilarious that you're choosing to live an unhealthy lifestyle ans subject yourself to a slew of complications that are totally preventable.

You really should start taking care of yourself. Otherwise... Enjoy your type 2 diabetes, heart/gallbladder disease, and stroke!
>>
>>28913787
Low quality b8. Uninspired. Do over.
>>
Not sure if i've always just lived in fit areas, but i've always been in good shape and so are all the people I know. Some middle aged men and women I know are kinda fat but all of the young people in my area care about whether they're fat or not. A lot of the fatass concentration comes from the south.
>>
>>28910588
>was a fatty through childhood
>suddenly lost a ton of weight once I hit young adulthood
>became really skinny
>still had significant manboobs
>ids hobleds
>gained a bunch of weight back because I'm a NEET loser and I'll die a KHHV anyway
>>
>>28913787
Enjoy your heart disease.
>>
>>28914029
It's the opposite with me, but like you said, I do live in the south.

Fats are everywhere. It seems like legitimately that 250+ pound people are becoming the norm, not the freakshow outlier.
>>
>>28913647
being in shape is a luxury good now. it signals that you have the spare time and disposable income available to work out, go to a gym, play a sport, buy and cook fresh food, etc.

also that you have motivation and ambition, which the lower classes (most of the country) aren't renowned for.
>>
>>28914217
Agreed. Fit has definitely become a status symbol.
>>
>>28910588
Because work culture in north America basically consumes your life, it's just work, sleep, eat. So people because of lack of time will often eat fast food, because it's only slightly more expensive than cooking yourself.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.