[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people who unironically believe in the hard work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1461014903202.png (455 KB, 600x505) Image search: [Google]
1461014903202.png
455 KB, 600x505
>there are people who unironically believe in the hard work meme

>there are people who legitimately think you can become successful through hard work alone
>>
>>28910509
>there are people who unironically believe in kickstarter for making themselves rich
>there are people who legitimately think that you dont have to work to be rich
>>
>>28910509
The middle path is the way anon.
>work hard
>work smart
>don't work at all
>>
>>28910566
>there are legitmately people that think they can get rich without striking it lucky with either a lottery or a talent search
top kek
>>
>>28910566
No rich person alive today has ever worked hard in their lives
>>
>>28910509
Shouldn't you be lounging around a train station somewhere?
>>
real workers believe the boss is always right
real workers do not accept overtime pay
real workers refuse collective bargaining
real workers know that safety and cost of production are their responsibilities alone
real workers pay their own benefits
real workers etc etc

the thing isn't entirely wrong, but you can tell a white guy with a shop and three employees wrote it
>>
>>28910706
you are the kind of scum that would fight against a pro-worker revolution
end your life bootlicker
>>
>>28910627
>working hard
>trying even after devastating loss
Most of normal people give up after loss.
>>
File: 1440686285912.png (52 KB, 700x419) Image search: [Google]
1440686285912.png
52 KB, 700x419
>>28910509
>there are unironically people that are so devoid of mental capacity that they need essentially imaginary points that will impress others to feel like their life has any value
>>
>>28910752
aaannd you have autism
>>
>>28910773
>not being a retarded lapdog is having autism
>>
>there is a person who posts the same /leftypol/ meme here almost every day
>>
>>28910790
my post was sarcastic, you not understanding that is what makes you have autism
>>
>>28910706
Makes me sad, honestly
>>
>>28910822
"i... it was just sarcasm guys!!"

really shitty comeback tbqh.
>>
File: rowe.jpg (336 KB, 2048x1724) Image search: [Google]
rowe.jpg
336 KB, 2048x1724
>>28910706

Nope. Made by a rich celebrity porky who lectures proles about how they need to be grateful for the scraps their benevolent masters swipe off the table for them, all while living the Hollywood elite highlife and doing small amount of manual labor for his stupid fucking TV show.

His smug face makes my fucking blood boil.
>>
>>28911644
you need medication ; ^)
>>
>>28910509

Being a hard worker in Europe is being an idiot.
It will not get you promoted. It does not pay off in any shape or form.
In America? Maybe. But working hard in a country numbering only a few million.. Lol, why?
>>
>>28910627
Bill Gates and Elon Musk.
>>
Do you guys believe there is such thing as a 'bad job'?
Should chicken chasers really have as much self respect as a stone mason?
Is it really an opportunity, or is it just a means to a necessity?

I think this is more that he wants to bring some sort of lost dignity to the blue collar shittier jobs than him wanting to crush the proles under his boot, but at the same time... all he does is show up a film an episode and then move on. If you're actually rolling around in chickenshit for 51 weeks a year at minimum wage for your career, you kind of are a chump.
And when I say "minimum wage.... for your career." that is largely what unskilled labor is.
>>
>there are people who legitimately think you can become successful through hard work alone
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>28911940
>I am a product of my choices, not my circumstances
>I will never blame others for my shortcomings or challenges

SHHIIIEEEETT
>>
>>28912654
The problem today is that parents and teachers don't distinguish between respectable blue collar jobs and shitty blue collar jobs. I graduated high school in 2013, and the rhetoric I heard for all 4 years was "go to college or spend your life working a shit manual labor job".
Unless their parents educate them, kids graduate without understanding that a fry cook and a plumber have vastly different wages and working conditions.

Of course, boomers grew up when college was cheap and had actual standards for who they let in, so naturally they pressure their kids to go.
>>
>I am a product of my choices - not my circumstances

When will this meme die? Free will, except in a compatibilist sense, doesn't exist.

You don't choose your talents, the circumstances of your birth - and even chance plays a tremendous role, e.g. look at mediocre actors like him make money.

Ultra libertarians who make these arguments are so annoying. At least stick to being evil caricatures who agree that inequality is inherent but also fine.
>>
Fuck Mike Rowe.

Yes, the trades are good jobs, but to elevate them to some higher calling is bullshit.
>>
Mike Rowe got rich roleplaying about doing "Dirty Jobs". The people who actually do those for years get paid much less than a hack who only roleplays, then he has the nerve to shit on them.
>>
>>28913121
You sound like a leftist
>i'm fat because of my genes, it's not my fault!
>he had to break into that whitey's house because he grew up poor, he dindu nuffin!
>>
>>28910627
define rich.

Working hard and being financially smart creates a good life. However to get the millions that people desire takes luck and connections.
>>
>>28913292
>i'm fat because of my genes, it's not my fault!

This is true, it is because of genes. Take people who are genetically predisposed to being unable to resist eating easily obtained calorific food and who are in the lower percentiles of metabolism and put them in a modern environment and that's what you have.

Every aspect of our behavior is governed by forces outside our control, even willpower.

>he had to break into that whitey's house because he grew up poor, he dindu nuffin!

You do realize that poor blacks commit more crime than poor whites precisely because their genes predispose them to that, right? Similarly most poor people are more predisposed to criminality in the first place...just look at the studies.

These are the facts, you can reach any political conclusion after that, even a libertarian one. I do despise libertarians but the ones who are honest about being ok with tremendous inequality and not caring about most people more than the ones who pretend to give a shot and keep whining about "hard work".
>>
>>28913006
Yeah I choose to be a poor fag born in a shitty Eastern European hellhole village.
>>
>>28913384
>more than the ones who pretend to give a shot

Correction: *less* than the ones who pretend to give a shit
>>
>>28910509
Hard work isn't a meme.
But you should work smarter not harder.
>>
File: 1455455410335.png (188 KB, 353x377) Image search: [Google]
1455455410335.png
188 KB, 353x377
>>28913384
>m-muh genes

more excuses.
>>
>>28910509
>>28911940
so what if you have, for example, Gaucher's Disease and you live in america?
>>
>>28913477
Sorry, bro, actual science has outpaced the dogmatic memes you're spouting. Look up some GWASs sometime and feel stupid (though I doubt you have the self-awareness for that; not your fault).
>>
Literally who you know.
I fucked around all in high school and my teacher set me up with an internship at a tech company because I played football and he liked me. I'd probably be flipping burgers if it wasn't for him god bless.
Also I'm abusing the fuck out of Modafinil because I can't focus for shit and I don't want to be on legal meth AKA Adderall
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.