[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friend's Friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Friend-Friend's friend.png (13 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
Friend-Friend's friend.png
13 KB, 1152x648
Anyone else feel like pic related? Like, you have friends and they have their own group of friends, but you don't have your own friend group?
>>
Bump. I would like to get feedback on this.
>>
Bump, lads. This is absolutely original.
>>
I can relate. It fucking sucks.
For once in my life i'd like to have a group of friends that I can actually call my squad.
The kind that you stay friends with until you're old.
But nah, instead i only get invited to shit to fill vacancies, because even the 'friends' i do have i can barely call actual friends.
>>
>>28909429
>Like, you have friends
no
>>
>>28909429
feel like that's optimal OP. since your friends are in the dark about each other, there is no hierarchy, no drama, no politics. Just individuals you like to see
>>
>>28909672
Also, my friends are going on holidays this summer with their respective groups so im left here to do fucking nothing with nobody around.
Why live?
>>
well, i dont relate anymore since i havent left my house since graduating in 2013, but when i was still in high school this was my exact problem. i'd see a friend and then he would walk into his group of friends who i didnt even know and talk. i would just stand there, nobody knew who i was.
>>
>>28909429
Those aren't really your friends, but "people you know and hang out with sometimes". Get a close group of friends to yourself, Op. Talk to people on your college class or something.
>>
>>28909429
It's the exact situation when you fuck up your first two weeks in college.
>>
>>28909429
Yes I always was an outsider.
>>
>>28909776
No, they are close friends. One of them is my best friend, but it's just that he has a group of friends in college, and I'm not in college yet since I decided to repeat my final year (yes, I am 18.)

It just sucks. You have these few friends, and they have their own group that you don't have.

>>28909672
>For once in my life i'd like to have a group of friends that I can actually call my squad

I had that in secondary school, but they've all moved on now. They're still good friends of mine, but they have their own groups.
>>
>>28909759
I know this feel. It's horrible. You want to just isolate your friend from the rest of them but can't without looking like an asshole.
>>
group of friends happen when friends of friends get to spend much time together. Try to gather some people and keep up with them rather than occasionally showing up.
>>
I only have 2 friends

and they each have a few friends

but I don't think they constitue as "groups"
>>
>>28909963
I'm on /r9k/, mate. It's not exactly that easy for me. I have a very small handful of great friends, and then loads of acquaintances. Those great friends and I used to have our own group, but after school they sort of branched out into their own groups of friends. I only see about two or three of them regularly now.
>>
Yeah, pretty much. Occasionally I hang out in their groups of friends but its awkward as I either don't like a lot of them and have to pretend I do, or they clearly don't like me.

JUST
>>
This is more accurate of my social circle
>>
>>28910062
Same for me except that I have a lil more friends than you do, and two groups I "belong" to.

Seems like given your situation you'll have to form new friendships with new people. It aint gonna be easy but you did it before, why not again ?
>>
File: atleastuhaveitbetterthanme.jpg (23 KB, 1499x815) Image search: [Google]
atleastuhaveitbetterthanme.jpg
23 KB, 1499x815
file name is orginial
>>
>>28910122
Because the last time I formed a proper group of friends was six years ago at the start of secondary school, and the only reason I could do it then is because I already had one close friend in the group. I don't even remember how I got friends before that.
>>
>>28910172
JUST ;-----------;
>>
File: 4168487.jpg (79 KB, 712x717) Image search: [Google]
4168487.jpg
79 KB, 712x717
>>28909429
This was my situation back in highschool. I then stopped considering them friends because they wouldn't invite me to their groups and cut all contact with those fucking fags. I'd rather they tell me that they didn't like me and found me annoying instead of being a bunch of pussies who pretend to be your friends.

This was one of my many steps to hating people.
>>
File: autism.png (9 KB, 1499x815) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
9 KB, 1499x815
>>28910172
at least you're not nihilist
>>
>>28910255
I agree. I'd rather people be truthful about it than lie to you in order to spare your feelings.

I'm sorry that happened to you, anon. That must have been shite.
>>
File: logicalfallacy.png (28 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
logicalfallacy.png
28 KB, 1152x648
can't we conclude this based off the picture you provided from an external point of view
>>
>>28910334
not if A, B and C doesn't know each others
>>
>>28909429
its nice, hang out with diffetent groups of people all the time
>>
>>28910334
Yes, you could, but some people might not get it. Plus, I need text to post a thread anyway.
>>
>>28910334
this

fuck the rules
>>
>>28909429
>Friend's Friends

I am observing a bizarre ignorance of the plural possessive. Almost no one seems to know it really is just 'Friends' Friends'.
>>
>>28910530
not everyone's native language is english bro
>>
>>28910530
>>28910584
My native language is English. I am Irish.

I considered changing it to 'Friends' friends', but believed it more accurate to keep it singular for individual friends instead of counting them as a collective.
>>
>>28910334
Idiot.
What if you're good friends with them individually but they're not friends with each other that much?
>>
File: 1459463442544.jpg (153 KB, 894x895) Image search: [Google]
1459463442544.jpg
153 KB, 894x895
>tfw you used to have a squad of friends but most of then slowly drifted away and moved on to finds other groups of friends, and now you're stuck with maybe one or two friends that you barelly even interact much with.

Feels pretty bad.
>>
>only have one best friend ever
>we both kinda suck at socializing so we're just the two of us
>no homo but boy it sure gets hot in here sometimes
Kinda sucks even if it's awesome
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.