[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEETs and fatties give me one good reason you aren't vegan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 16
File: Ronald-Tibbs-before-after.jpg (72 KB, 670x576) Image search: [Google]
Ronald-Tibbs-before-after.jpg
72 KB, 670x576
NEETs and fatties give me one good reason you aren't vegan yet

vegan tendies exist and are delicious
>>
File: 1464447927845.jpg (87 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1464447927845.jpg
87 KB, 409x409
>>28907751
>Parents are pretty much the opposite of vegetarian, no sort of personal income to supplement diet and grooming products with vegan alternatives
>tfw a lacto diet with strict omission of honey and beeswax is the most comfortable compromise worked out between parents and myself in my fifteen years of vegetarianism
>>
>vegan tendies
You mean vegetables?
>>
>>28907751
I love meat but I'm cutting back on it
Trying to lose weight
Today I had spinach, corn, and pistachios
Going to have more spinach for dinner and maybe brown rice

Give diet tips pls?
>>
>>28907811
>lacto diet

wat is this? and how often do you eat honey and beeswax for it to be something that is difficult for you to remove from your diet? I omit honey and beeswax by accident
>>
>Smiling as a normal person
>Frowning and unhappy as a vegan

p obvious
>>
>>28907751
i'd like to be vegan but i'm addict to meat, it's so good
>>
I am already vegan though.
>>
>>28907847
Don't eat dinner.
or have a huge breakfast and if you get hungry during the day, eat fruit.
>>
>>28907853
>wat is this? and how often do you eat honey and beeswax for it to be something that is difficult for you to remove from your diet? I omit honey and beeswax by accident
Lacto-vegetarian. Think ovo-lacto but without eggs (really seems like a case of cognitive dissonance to me if you're eating eggs and still consider yourself to be vegetarian). Tl;dr I still eat dairy

and that's what I was saying, I don't ever (consciously) use products with those two ingredients. lol I'm basically vegan except for the part where I still have dairy now and then.
>>
>>28907751
>implying being vegan makes you /fit/
>>
Anyone else notice vegans just look weak and washed out?

They don't have the glow in their skin that their omnivorous counter parts have.
>>
>>28907751
im not a fag.
>>
>>28907933
Exactly. I think some chicken is better for weight loss than beans and rice.
>>
Soy(Tofu) makes you gay
Seitan gives you farts and isn't a complete protein source

If you cut out dairy as a food source you have a hard time getting enough protein and thus eating healthy if you aren't rich and live in San Francisco or L.A. and your name is Moby.

I would love to be vegan but it's not managable
Vegetarian is already hard for me
>>
>>28907847
I'm no diet expert but have bought into the high fat diet meme somewhat. I don't commit to it fully and still consume sugar and carbs but much less than I used to. Lately I have been eating lots of fruit, nuts, oils, and bacon (legit stuff from a farm near me). Bacon has too many nitrites to be actually good for you but the time release energy is so nice especially because I am so skinny and have a very high metabolism
>>
>>28908007
>le brotien meme

protein is not half as essential as anti vegan people make it out to be, plus there are plenty of solid vegetable based protein sources available anyway.
>>
>>28908028
So what do you specifically have as your main protein sources?
>>
File: 1464126269119.png (721 KB, 830x987) Image search: [Google]
1464126269119.png
721 KB, 830x987
>>28908081
meat

bloxorigignalcommentebin
>>
>>28907990
Vegetables are pretty good in terms of protein/energy, however you can only eat so much of them until you blow up :^)
Non fat curd cheese is almost as good as protein powder (better than chicken) but way cheaper - however not vegan and only conditionally vegetarian, depending on the source of rennet they use.
Loosing fat and eating enough protein is no problem on a vegetarian diet, it is considerably more difficult on a vegan diet.
It's a completely orthogonal issue, though. You could shun animal products for ethical reasons and still eat deep fried potato chips and chocolate all day, it would be vegan but in no way a healthy diet.
>>
>>28908007
>Soy(Tofu) makes you gay
>Seitan gives you farts and isn't a complete protein source
I'm not even vegan and tofu/seitan are fucking delicious (especially the latter, has an exquisite flavour that goes well with just about any seasoning). Get on our level, normie
>>
>give me one good reason you aren't vegan yet
I don't want to give up meat and i'm not a faggot
>>
File: myth-debunked.png (154 KB, 437x312) Image search: [Google]
myth-debunked.png
154 KB, 437x312
>>28908258
>implying sucking on another man's meat doesn't make him a faggot
>>
>>28907847
count calories, do cardio. eat when you're hungry.

when i say eat when you're hungry, i mean when you're actually hungry, not when you're bored and just want to chew on something.
>>
I can understand going vegetarian if you lead a sedentary lifestyle and have the money to support your whim.

But veganism? It just sounds like some new age cult with no grounding in reality whatsoever. It's like the scientology of diets.
>>
>>28907751
a.) I enjoy meat, dairy, eggs, and fish. I don't wanna give up one of the few things in life I enjoy.
b.) losing weight won't get me a gf anyway, you have to have a job and the correct personality in addition to not being fat.
>>
File: 1464483684538.jpg (171 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1464483684538.jpg
171 KB, 960x960
>>28908439
>It just sounds like some new age cult with no grounding in reality whatsoever. It's like the scientology of diets.
Probably because the most-vocal in the vegan community actually are batshit insane new-age cultists.

If you agree with the basic principles of animal rights (basically a necessity for any form of vegetarianism), however, veganism is a very practical and urbane way of engaging oneself actively with the very heart (heh) of the issue.
>>
>>28908505
>>28908505
whats the story behind this pic?
originalbloxxx
>>
>>28907751
I am not homosexual and I know for a fact that soybeans cause massive problems to mens health.
>>
>>28908494
Veggie people are deluded and closeminded anyway. They actually think the animals we raise don't benefit from being useful to us, and that even milking them and farming them for eggs is some sort of harmful act. What they are in practice advocating is the near-extinction of all domestic animals and the feeding of humanity's growing numbers with much less efficient and delicious plants.

But I understand that some people go veggie out of a need for self-discipline and making conscious choices in their lives rather than the irrational belief that the chickens and cows will just roam free after meat farming ends.
>>
File: 1464394976546.jpg (23 KB, 365x346) Image search: [Google]
1464394976546.jpg
23 KB, 365x346
>why haven't you completely changed your life into an inconvenient and annoying lifestyle
i'm literally eating 2 leftover cheeseburgers for breakfast right now

get fucked, normies
>>
Is it just me or is veganism the biggest redpill. I'm not even vegan but I can't say I have a good argument against it. And most the arguments I see my fellow meat eaters putting forwards are frankly embarassing. It's becoming obvious we have no rational grounds and are just trying to ease cognitive dissonance. The only decent argument against veganism is a complete rejection of morality.
>>
Because I hate all animals and love the taste of flesh. Also veganism is a mental illness. I have made a lot of them eat meat at my restaraunt I work at. They order something soy, I give them meat. I also pour some meat juice from my pan in most vegan meals.
>>
>>28908763
You're a fucking moron if you think morality has anything to do with meat eating. Watch The Lion King, child. It's the circle of life.

You are NOT a herbivore.
>>
>>28907751
Because it's retarded, next.
>>
vegans are worse than roasties. they won't ever shut the fuck up about what they are.
>>
>>28908657
I think they're delusional for caring about the welfare of animals in the first place, to be honest family
>>
>there is still meat inside you
>>
>>28908028
and where are your facts to back this up?
>>
>>28908845
You are genuinely retard. Animals do shit like rape each other, kill their young and eat their own shit. That is the 'circle of life'. If you genuinely think an appeal to nature constitutes a good argument you are an actual spastic. Christ I hope I'm being trolled.
>>
>>28907751
I am. I'm also not a NEET or a fatty.

Don't even care that much about animals, but it makes sense, it's good for the enviroment, cheap, healthy (for me anyway) and an easy way to get vegan girls to like you (even if the vast majority are degenerates or virtue signallers with no real perspective).

I do agree with the moral argument for veganism, but at the end of the day meat is natural so I don't blame people for continuing to eat it. But you don't need it. You can get everything you need nutrition-wise from a good vegan diet and a B12 pill. If you're particularly patrician you could just get your B12 from mussels and oysters, which aren't really sentient from what I understand.

Having said that, I do definitely think everyone should be eating less meat and way less dairy. Meat two or three times a week is the absolute most you need. Unlike most nutrients, you only need to absorb B12 weekly. And you definitely don't need dairy. It tastes great, but it's not for humans, and you can get your calcium elsewhere. It's a meme used to milk (no pun intended) as much money as possible out of the meat industry. It's also chemically addictive.
>>
>>28907751
>and are delicious
by which you mean are an aquired taste
by which you mean taste like shit
>>
>>28907751
His hwad looks fucking enormous now.
>>
>>28907751
Meat is way too inexpensive. It should be a delicacy but factory farming has turned it into something horrible. Something like once or twice a week.

Currently a vegetarian, I should be a vegan but I would definitely eat meat that came from a farm that treated the animals properly until they were humanely slaughtered. I have no problem eating eggs that come from local farms. They're way more expensive but at least the chickens get free rein to go outside. They're slaughtered after they cannot produce eggs, but we're omnivores so we can eat it in moderation. Meat is delicious and natural, but it's too disgusting to support right now.
>>
>>28907751
meat tastes good
>>
>>28907811
Fuck bees, them being enslaved is a good thing.
>>
>>28907751
i hate animals so i eat them
>>
File: 1453952864029.png (54 KB, 470x698) Image search: [Google]
1453952864029.png
54 KB, 470x698
>>28908941
You are genuinely retard. Humans do shit like rape each other, genocide, and eat their own cum. That is the 'circle of life'. If you genuinely think an appeal to "morality" constitutes a good argument you are an actual spastic. Christ I hope I'm being trolled.
>>
>>28908971
Agreed. The reason it's so inexpensive is because it's so heavily subsidised by the government. A lot of very powerful people benefit from the meat industry, which is why there's so much misinformation around about meat (mostly from studies that are actually funded by the meat industry). It should definitely be eaten in moderation.
>>
>>28908973
Pork chops taste good

bacon tastes good
>>
>>28909010
I can't even understand the point you are trying to make. Honestly it seems like you are just so indoctrinated that you are trying to justify your irrational practices.
>>
>>28908763
Morality is made up. I don't care if we torture pigs before we eat them. I really don't care. It's a fucking pig or chicken or cow. Fuck, chicken and cattle are literally slave species that couldn't survive without us. We bred the wild out of them. They are meat making automatons on the same level as plants.
>>
>>28909052
You brought morality up in your autistic little rant. He answered and you got btfo. You should also just leave the thread. It's obvious you're the only vegan here replying to everyone.
>>
>>28907751
Because I like how meat tastes
>>
eating meat and dairy every single day is the chronic masturbation of dietary choices
>>
File: 1463092446204.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1463092446204.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>28909052
Nigger, you are not a herbivore. Humans eat meat, because we are omnivorous creatures. This isn't up for debate.

Just because you can artificially synthesize your proper diet doesn't mean you should. And your bullshit morality construct, or contrived reasoning, isn't justification for it. Veganism isn't the "proper" way to live, don't act like it is.
>>
>>28909216
Paleo is the true master race
>>
Societies that don't care about the treatment of animals don't care about the treatment of humans. Which is exactly the sort of thing that leads to the creation of robots.
>>
>>28909016
Ugh, I don't think I'll live to see a day where this happens.

People are indoctrinated by this crap already. How the fuck is anyone supposed to fight against the meat industry when: the most vocal group is a bunch of crazies, they're fueled by a shitload of money, and regular people would get mad pissy if they had to give up their gluttonous patterns. Not to mention that it would be just as accessible for rich folks which would cause some social unrest.

We need some really convincing fake meat, artificial meat or some other technology to break this 1st world habit.
>>
>>28909230
>paleo
>no dairy or grain
literally why

also I think they've shown no benefit from it
>>
>>28909296
Grains are shit, dairy is meh
>>
File: ooNJHbO.png (92 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ooNJHbO.png
92 KB, 300x300
>tfw currently eat a 70$ medium rare kobe filet

Stay jelly vegfags
>>
>>28909278
I think it's improving slowly. The vast majority of the population is stubborn, but there's a big increase in vegans and vegetarians, which leads to an increase in demand for meat alternatives and awareness of how necessary meat actually is.

Money talks. People need to get redpilled and realize that eating low quality meat every day is retarded. Most normal people I talk to about this seem to agree that we eat too much meat, for whatever that's worth. Whether that's actually reflected in their habits is a different question, because meat is virtually forced down your throat anywhere you go. Doing stuff in moderation is difficult when it's so convenient not to. For me, I had to give up meat entirely because it's all or nothing with me.
>>
File: 1464062718925.jpg (12 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1464062718925.jpg
12 KB, 320x320
>>28909278
>"Ugh"
>claiming other people are indoctrinated
>claiming other people are stupid
>claiming other people are crazy
>is a vegan
pottery
>>
>>28909405
Got an apple salad from Wendys earlier. Cost me $5 for a half portion. Didn't fill me up at all and tasted like shit, especially with that nasty pomegranite vinegar. Went back and got 3 $0.89 chicken sandwiches. How do you vege fags justify charging $5 for a few cups of salad when I can get 5 chicken sandwiches that are delicious and actually fill me up for the same price?
>>
>>28907751
>it tastes ABSOLUTELY the same!
no it doesn't and you know it :^)
>>
>>28909405
>meat alternatives

This shit is so fucking dumb. So is all the fake food they make to be like other foods. Gluten free macaroni and shit?

Like dude, if you don't want gluten then don't eat pizza or bread or pasta and stop making fake ones that taste like ass.

veggie burgers, veggie bacon? Fuck off, retards

Just eat fucking vegetables and fruit if that's what you want, stop making weird "alternatives". It's fucking weird.

It's like calling yourself gay but only fucking shemales. Be a real faggot and fuck a musclebound hunk, you fucking fag. If you want to be vegan, then stop eating faux-normal foods.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1024x966) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1024x966
I'm by vegan because I enjoy meat and the benefits of large amounts of cheap and easy protein and vitamins. Furthermore even if I were a sissified sanctimonious retard like you all I'd still not be able to eliminate animal products from my life because they are practically essential in just about anything you could think of. Give up any combustion engine transportation and modern medicine and you're off to a "good" start, though, but there's still more to give up.

The least impact you could have on animals is killing yourselves, go on then
>>
>>28909586
Apples are lik 89 cents a pound at the grocery store.

My favotites are granny smiths because they're sour and crunchy.
>>
>>28909626
I'm not vegan* is what I meant to start that with
>>
>>28909586
Don't eat at Wendys, goyim.
>>
>>28909623
Meat alternatives also means alternative protein sources. Pulses for example. I don't eat veggie burgers or shit like that because they're expensive and unhealthy, but it seems to get people interested in not eating meat, so I don't really care.
>>
>muh protein
What's so complicated about rice and beans.
>>
This is the only time in history when you could be a vegan. It's just another fad and will fade away soon. It's more of a status symbol now. Wealthy people can afford it and shill it out to the masses. How many lower class people do you see living the vegan lifestyle?
>>
>>28909808
>This is the only time in history when you could be a vegan.
It's also the only time in our history when you could spend hours a day shitposting on 4chan. Technology changes our lifestyles.

>Wealthy people can afford it and shill it out to the masses. How many lower class people do you see living the vegan lifestyle?
Pulses are cheaper than meat. Poor people in the western world are taken advantage of by meat-based fast food restaurants and supermarket brands. In poor countries, being vegan, vegetarian, or simply eating way less meat is much more common. We only eat as much as we do because our governments subsidise it. There's no way it's natural or necessary to eat meat every day.
>>
>>28909883
Why do you faggots even care and keep shilling your bullshit on a site where literally nobody cares? Does it give you satisfaction?
>>
File: 1462999169026.jpg (2 KB, 34x32) Image search: [Google]
1462999169026.jpg
2 KB, 34x32
>there isn't actually an argument for why someone should be vegan
>yet they continue to act like it's some enlightened position
faggots
>>
>>28909883
Pulses is what we use to make meat because it tastes better that way. All you have to do is put them in the cattle feed, which is what we do.
>>
>>28909772

How are veggie burgers unhealthy?

>Ingredients: (Vegan) Organic mushrooms, organic onions, organic bulgar wheat, organic celery, organic carrots, organic oats, filtered water, organic walnuts, wheat gluten, organic potatoes, sea salt, expeller pressed high oleic safflower and/or sunflower oil, organic garlic. Contains wheat & tree nuts (walnuts).

http://www.amys.com/products/product-detail/veggie-burgers/000010

Literally none of that is bad for you.
>>
>>28909912
I was responding to your comment. Nice argument.

>>28909935
Not sure how that relates. If anything you're proving my point about meat being more expensive, because the cost of pulses is included in the cost of meat, along with all its other components.

>>28909940
I just try to avoid convenience foods and assume they usually have lots of salt in them. If I'm wrong, my bad.
>>
File: 1442334757305.jpg (56 KB, 458x390) Image search: [Google]
1442334757305.jpg
56 KB, 458x390
>>28909972
>I was responding to your comment
>He thinks I'm the same person he was arguing with
You gotta get used to the idea that nobody here's giving in to your confirmation bias.
>>
>>28910043
What confirmation bias? Still not seeing an argument, samefag.
>>
File: rick_assly.png (1 MB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
rick_assly.png
1 MB, 1280x716
>This thread is talking about veganism. Time for me to give my two cents.

>Vegan cucks
I've had to think about this a lot and blah blah blah

>Meat cucks
I've never eaten anything other than taco bell and faggots faggots faggots faggots
>>
keklmao at all you meat cucks.
Enjoy having fucking corpses in your body you degenerates. All you can do is make appeal to nature fallacies and say hurr durr circle of life, humans rape other humans, lions eat meat so THEREFORE it is the right thing to do.
I don't even want to start an argument, I'm feeling at my BEST being vegan, been at it for almost a year now and not going back.
Fucking no more crappy bowel movements, being more energic, lost a lot of weight and now recently got into weight lifting and making gains.
I can easily get 150g of protein daily from things like lentils, beans, chickpeas, black bean pasta, nuts, seeds, tofu, tempeh, seitan, chia seeds, quinoa, soy milk, soy yogurts and if I feel like it, I'll have some brown rice/pea protein powder whenever I'm feeling lazy.

Feels good not eating chicken and cow secretions along with rotting flesh for my meals. Eat some REAL food, you have so many veggies to choose from.

Whatever argument you might bring, I'll state this as FACTS:
Animal products are NOT necessary for most people(excluding extreme living conditions where you need those for survival).
You can hit your calories and macros EASILY on a vegan diet, you can do vegan low fat high carb, vegan keto, raw vegan or whatnot.
You will ONLY see benefits from going vegan. My acne cleared up significantly.
I'm laughing at you meatlets for trying to justify your shit when you can't even try it out for yourself because others will think you're a pussy or not a real man or whatever.
When will you learn, meatlets?
>>
I eat meat because it's delicious
>>
File: 1436737800305.png (36 KB, 510x1499) Image search: [Google]
1436737800305.png
36 KB, 510x1499
>>28910073
Unfortunately I don't give enough fucks to argue with you about what people put in their mouths. Quite honestly I don't care and I don't give a shit about the well-being of other animals. They die in worse ways in the wilderness anyway.

>le samefag meme
You know how it goes for people who very obviously present a weak case.
>>
>>28910086
It's worth acknowledging that you can be just as healthy as you could ever be as a vegan on an omnivorous diet. Most people don't have healthy diets, but still the veganism is healthier meme is not an argument. The objective healthiest and most natural diet is one with meat in sparingly, but if B12 pills are available obviously it's easy to eat a comparable diet without killing animals or supporting a shitty industry.

>I'm laughing at you meatlets for trying to justify your shit when you can't even try it out for yourself because others will think you're a pussy or not a real man or whatever.
This is a good point. I only went vegan because I tried it out for a month and realized how cheap and easy it was.
>>
>>28910154
>I don't care
>Keeps posting anyway
>Made the original comment
>Still trying to suggest my argument is weak without actually challenging any of my points
OK
>>
>>28910159
I think meat in small amounts won't do any considerable harm, but we go have hundreds of studies of large populations showing red meat/processed meat is carcinogenic and that high cholesterol is the MAIN cause of atherosclerosis.
And anyway, farm animals are given B12 and Selenium supps because the corn and soy they are fed has no B12, so I'm just getting my B12 from a supplement, not a supplement filtered through an animal.
>>
File: 1446281956785.png (307 KB, 1000x1113) Image search: [Google]
1446281956785.png
307 KB, 1000x1113
>>28910186
>I don't care
>never said I don't care, just that I'm not interested in what other people eat/do
>made the original comment
>very obviously didn't make the original comment but he's trying to disrupt the conversation with the samefag meme
>trying to suggest his argument is weak
>his argument was literally "veggies cheaper than meat" which is not related to the choice of being a vegan
Keep being assblasted kek
>>
>>28909912
>Why do you faggots even care and keep shilling your bullshit on a site where literally nobody cares? Does it give you satisfaction?
/r9k/ has persuaded me into a lot of stuff (like coffee is bad for you). and I think I might cut back on meat now thanks to this thread. i don't know shit about health and nutrition so I just follow a lot of the stuff this board tells me.

I normally eat rice & beans + chicken breast for dinner (every day I eat meat). Might change that now.
>>
>>28910186
>implying you have points
why should anyone be a vegan? all you've done in this thread is give crude justifications for your lifestyle.
>>
>>28907751
because meat is delicious
>>
>>28910243
>his argument was literally "veggies cheaper than meat" which is not related to the choice of being a vegan
That was a single point I made in response to someone suggest that veganism is for the wealthy only.
>>
Cause meat tastes good and i dont have the to convice people that fake butter or mayonaise or vegan jerky tastes good
>>
>>28910344
*suggesting
>>
>>28910356
jerky, butter and mayonaise are pleb foods you shouldn't be eating anyway
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.