[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything I can buy that will make me happy? I tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
Is there anything I can buy that will make me happy? I tried watches, a bicycle, video games(probably the best one but they are only fun for a few hours). Maybe some expensive jeans, or sell some things and get a sick car? Let me know
>>
You can pay me $1000 a month to be your friend
>>
no
theres a reason Beatles sang about how money cant buy me love
even if it isnt love youre after, all things you can buy will lose their luster after a while
>>
If you live in a country with enough sunshine buy a miata - it will make you happy.

FYI - I've owned an E46 M3, an E92 335i, an E89 Z4, none come close to as pleasurable as my little NB miata I paid 2 grand for.
>>
Buy an instrument. True reward can only come from effort.
>>
File: 1456497778334.jpg (692 KB, 2400x1136) Image search: [Google]
1456497778334.jpg
692 KB, 2400x1136
>>28904861
desu the only way i find temporary but sorta fufil;ling happiness is when i buy the things you listed above... but actually work on them and develop them.
like im really into cars and ive done all sorts of things to mine, new suspension new wheels new intake new paint new blabhalbahlba. its fun i enjoy it. i look back and realize how much work i put into it, and other people seem to appreaciate it.
going out and buying a car thats already done up isnt going to be fun for other than a few months. having a project is fun.

projects little grasshopper.

also make the shit you own not own you. make it part of who you are in a hobby sense, sure you have a cool bike but can you bike? you should be developing yourself with the shit you buy.
>>
File: eca.png (81 KB, 403x195) Image search: [Google]
eca.png
81 KB, 403x195
>>28904861
Vehicle (any type really as long as you enjoy it) is the best robot's buddy. If it fucks up, you can always "fix" that friend. Too bad I'm retarded (don't use my brains) and always daydreaming like INFP I am. That leads to absolute no focus. Once got my driver's license lost all passion and love for driving, also motivation. Might as well trash it lol. Now I have no reason to have huge amount of money at all. What do?
>>
>>28904898
Too self conscious for a miata, it's a small car for a big guy plus it's a gay car. maybe with a hardtop it would be ok. I have always wanted a classic beetle as well but that will also attract attention.
>>28904954
I grew up on my bike so I thought it would be fun to get back into but have ridden it only a couple times. I spent way too much and I hate seeing it in my garage.
>>
File: 1450852755460.jpg (559 KB, 2000x932) Image search: [Google]
1450852755460.jpg
559 KB, 2000x932
>>28905005
nah its not my firearms.
just some shit i saved from /k/

firearms are a great hobby and you can develop and get way better at.
its also a safe and sound investment money wise.
>>
>>28904861
No, already tried it.
Can confirm only a gf can make you happy, so these faggot ass normies saying "you gotta be hapy with yourself before being with someone!" are just full of shit.

I have a land, a small house, vehicles, a nice career, guns, musical instruments, a tool shed, a little library of books, videogames, nothing will make you happy other than a hole to cum in and hug.
>>
>>28905069
oh, well thats their owner. lol.
>>
File: ktm-300-exc-six-days-15_800x0w.jpg (72 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
ktm-300-exc-six-days-15_800x0w.jpg
72 KB, 800x533
>>28904861
Get one of these you sad fag fun as fuck
its a ktm 300 exc
>>
>>28904954
>>28905116
I actually have a dirt bike and a shitload of guns. Bike has been sitting and needs a tune up though.
>>
Come on guys I need to trade money for happiness
>>
>>28907082
I got you famalan. New running shoes, and a powercage with weights and a bar. Lifting and running help get dopamine pumping in your body. Ever heard of runners high? Same shit. After you run and lift to your limits, you'll feel good, regardless of how much you did. Alternatively, I hear shooting guns does the same.
>>
File: 1444441081382.gif (44 KB, 319x310) Image search: [Google]
1444441081382.gif
44 KB, 319x310
>>28904861
You can pay for my transition so I become your gf.
A gf will fix you I'm sure.
>>
>>28904861
Get a sports bike
>>
>>28905116
Well fuck start base jumping
but you need to skydive to get some xp first
>>
guns, lots of guns.
>>
>>28904861
anime and videogames are the only things that make me happy anymore
>>
File: 1464424382910.jpg (47 KB, 496x497) Image search: [Google]
1464424382910.jpg
47 KB, 496x497
>>28904861
Hey OP why don't you join isis i'll be fun and it will make you very happy
>>
>>28904861
It's not so much what you buy so much as what you do with what you've bought. If you can't find yourself the motivation to use what you've bought, they're just collecting dust and not doing any good.

Protip: If you get a vehicle or a weapon, or some other tool of recreation, be sure not to pay too much for it, and be sure it's easily replaceable. The more you're afraid of breaking it, the less you'll allow yourself to enjoy it.
>>
A massage with a happy ending always keeps me happy for a few hours
>>
I usually buy passive income streams - it's not necessarily making happiness, but takes the unneeded stress out of life.

For example, I recently got laid off and normally back in the day, I'd be a little worried about it all, how I'm going to pay my bills, etc. But these days, it's super low-key, I just hung out and waited for the right job to come around. So, something that can be devastating to many people, I was able to treat as a vacation.
>>
>unhappy
>buy things to feel better
The jews really did a number on you
>>
>>28904861
Buy experiences, not things.
>>
>>28907526
mind explaining about passive income streams? I can't see how you'll be making enough to live by unless you already had a large sum invested
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 666x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 666x464
Use your money to learn some sort of tangible skill.
>>
>>28904861

No, that feeling you get when you want to buy something new and shiny is fake. It will disappear the first time you use what you bought.

and this

>>28907396
>The more you're afraid of breaking it, the less you'll allow yourself to enjoy it.

Its silly to quote FIght Club but Durden was right, the things you own end up owning you.

My advice ? Buy a ticket and travel somewhere far and go alone.
>>
>>28907388
>FBI
>pepe
the feeb cannot truly partake of the smugfrog spirit
smugfrog is an inveterate criminal, the lowest of the low, unaffected by the opprobrium he faces
pepe lives in a mexican swamp. he's filthy and he doesn't give a shit. he doesn't inform his neighbors when he moves in, doesn't contact his parole officer. he's been voluntarily homeless. fbi pepe makes as much sense as a gay version of the punisher.

the feds on a good day are wojack: anxious, awkward and creepy, transparently motivated by disturbing appetites, perplexed as to why no one likes them or wants to be around them, but otherwise totally bland.

your memetics are lacking.
>>
>>28907592
Sure. Investing in general is a great way to put basically any amount of money to useful purpose. If done right, it's like buying a regular paycheck.

Yes, you're right it takes quite a while to get to the point where I'm at, but it's all mostly time and diligence.

I started by buying rental properties. Each one gives a few hundred a month and after a few, you're getting a thousand a month. At this point, it grows by itself as long as you just save what you're getting in and not blowing it. Once you get more, you start paying the loans on the homes off to increase your rental salary even more.

I learned a lot by visiting a site called "bigger pockets", if you're interested, they have a starting guide.
>>
>>28904898
>Tfw really want a miata and 6 3 with long legs
>Tfw when the steering wheel doesn't pull forward
>Tfw when can't drive one without hitting knees on steering wheel constantly

Why couldn't they off made it pull forward?
>>
>>28907670
Thanks for the info, just curious but have you broken even yet with your purchases and rent returns?
>>
File: fbi wojak you faggot.png (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
fbi wojak you faggot.png
12 KB, 225x225
>>28907659
Well here then you over thinking fuck
>>
>>28907743
Every single one I've ever owned made money from day 1. Never buy a property that loses money or just breaks even.

There are a lot of people that will complain "Well, in my area, I can't find any homes like that". My response is to simply buy in another area where you WILL make money. There are a lot of companies that specialize in finding and managing rental homes. I use them myself.
>>
Ive been thinking of getting a motorcycle. I had a gas scooter when i was a kid. I have some good memories riding it around the neighborhood with my friends. The friends are gone obviously but maybe i can get the feeling back.
>>
I think I'll try to get a corvette I bet that would be cool.
>>
>>28904861

>A travel abroad at a non-touristy place.
>A spiritual retreat in a monastery.
>A good massage (even non sexual).

>A turkish cezve + make awesome turkish coffe each morning.
>An oven, sirup, nuts, puff pastry => make baklava and eat it.
>An instrument + learn it.
>A sewing machine + learn sewing.
>Good cooking equipment + become good at cooking.
>A woodworking workshop + become good at it.
>Hunting gear + go hunting.
>A garden + make it beautiful.

>Good Silvaner wine from franconia, germany.
>Smoke beer from bamberg, germany.
>French mead.

Videogames are the most fun, cause they give you the sense to have experienced something + accomplished something.

Strive for experiences and accomplishments.
>>
>>28905891
>and needs a tune up though.
Then DO that ... with your own hands,
>>
>>28908921
ugh I would like rather not
>>
buy a gun, op. it's the only thing that can bring you happiness.. and you deserve to be happy
>>
File: Camaro 2016.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
Camaro 2016.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1360
>>28907742
This 2bh, I'd rather buy a muscle car than some wimpy gook """""car"""""
>>
>>28909177
I have over 50 guns
>>
>>28909153
It will make you happy though. Letting it sit as a worthless possession not:

>>28908888
>Videogames are the most fun, cause they give you the sense to have experienced something + accomplished something.
>Strive for experiences and accomplishments.
>>
Just spent $48,000 on a new car
3 months later and I am bored with it
>>
No amount of toys will fill the void in your heart. For me I love cars, an expensive sports car would be fun for a couple of days until you realize you're still driving around alone. Always alone. You can't cuddle with a car, a car can't whisper things in your ear, you can't wake up next to a car and see it sleeping next to you.
>>
>>28909396
Damn and that's a lot more money than I have too. There really is no hope is there?
>>
Go out to a bar and buy yourself a drink, then make some friends

The matireal world is not the world of the rich or lavish, it is the world of the lonely
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.