[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is what normies actually believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 1407119379594.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1407119379594.png
129 KB, 724x611
>suicide is selfish
>but demanding a person remain alive in excruciating agony just so you personally don't your feelings hurt isn't
>>
That's because most people imagine someone they actually care about committing suicide and how horrible it would feel to lose them.

They're not imagining some stupid socially awkward edge lord who hasn't figured his shit out in the 20+ years he's been alive.

So don't worry, anon, just go and off yourself already.
>>
>>28904474
Yeah I never understood this. Normies lack empathy.
>>
>>28904474
Whats selfish is that they use the common lines "you have so much to live for and uh!"
but never actually offer any real help.
>>
>>28905333
>Whats selfish is that they use the common lines "you have so much to live for and uh!"
That just shows how little they care, because they say these things without any real knowledge of your situation, so they're saying it just for the sake of saying it, without having any idea if you do actually have more to live for, or how bad things really are, etc, the idea of suicide makes them uncomfortable, so they want to stop it as quickly as they can without putting in any genuine effort.
>>
>>28904474
Your life does not belong to you.
Go have a near death experience and youll see.
>>
>>28904474
>>28905281
It's a matter of maintaining the pecking order. The weakest and most useless individuals serve an important function of reinforcing normies' self-esteem and sense of worth in society. Compare with modern society preferring to incarcerate criminals instead of executing them for the simple reason that imprisonment causes more suffering. And the smarter/stronger you are, the more delight you take in the suffering of people who are worth less than you, because it makes your privileged life feel all the more exceptional and worthwhile.

What, you think the aristocracy and feudal bondage just evaporated overnight? They just change form, and are recreated in each new generation that comes along and regiments itself into masters and slaves with adulthood. A dead peasant is a useless peasant, but a suffering peasant knows the difference between himself and his master well.
>>
>>28905281
>>28905309
>>28905333
>>28905373
No. That's because on most cases you aren't thinking about how much you are hurting everyone that ever cared about you if you commit suicide.
Your family would be teared appart. Probably a lot of people would want to die too. Your close friends would be traumatized.

So, if you respect these people, don't end yourself. Also don't go "hurrr durr im about to do it" because the only thing you are doing to them is treating them.

On the other side, if literally NO ONE ever cared about you, go on. Do it.
But this isn't about you, shithead. This is about those poor people who wanted to help you. have some decency, ffs.
>>
>>28904474
that's just something religious people say to justify the whole "suicide is unforgivable" thing. Calling suicide selfish is pretty dumb in a society that believes it's ok to let sick people die in the streets if they can't afford medicine
>>
>having children is not selfish
>>
>>28905399
This is a good point. Young people are self-centered and don't realize that it was not their choice to have been born, and that having been rich or poor makes no difference to anyone in the end. There is no such thing as a failed life by objective standards, at least not today when nobody's malnourished anymore. Just keep existing, damn you, there's no difference if you suffer or don't suffer, but staying alive until you're killed off by an external agency will likely cause your people less grief.
>>
>women aborts child
>not selfish at all
>"HURR DURR IT'S MY BODY I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT"
>>
>>28905613
why should it be selfish? It isn't even a human.

>>28905561
Why should it be sellfish?
>>
>>28905655
>Why should it be sellfish?
Because you're doing it for selfish reasons like getting your precious genes passed on and getting the approval of your parents and society.
>>
>>28905725
It's weird how robots are so mindful of keeping the auld bloodline alive, when prosperous people have been known to adopt children since time immemorial. I don't know what to make of that.

>>28905531
>Calling suicide selfish is pretty dumb in a society that believes it's ok to let sick people die in the streets if they can't afford medicine

My theory is that a potential suicide epidemic can also claim the lives of promising young people who are just then undergoing a typical pubescent crisis of identity, which is what scares those in charge. They know that 85% of humanity is worthless, always has been, always will be. But the tragic death of one single gifted kid who is among the 15% of the genetically determined elite, well that is an actual loss to society.
>>
>>28905863
but smart people are less likely to kill themselves.
>>
>>28904474
Don't kill yourself, dude.
Once you work harder and get happier you'll thank me for this.
>>
>>28905587
You act like grief is the worst thing to happen to people.

An important way we learn and evolve as a species is by fucking up and paying for it. If one pair of mommy and daddy are inconsolable for a while, it relieves the cognitive dissonance for everyone else that life is always a wonderful, magical thing no matter who you are or what you do.
>>
>>28905863
>the tragic death of one single gifted kid who is among the 15% of the genetically determined elite, well that is an actual loss to society.

I'm >>28907094
and again learning trumps loss, especially with the population climbing so high.

I believe 10 year olds who hate their parents or get cyberbullied or lose their ipod and commit suicide should be viewed as an acceptable response to their personal life experience. How can anyone possibly know that their life would get better for them and/or for all of us?
>>
>>28904474
People who say this aren't really in excruciating agony. People dying of terminal diseases are in agony. You are just afraid of asking out girls
>>
>>28905473
Robots don't do dick all for normies self esteem. Nobody would even notice if you were gone.
>>
>>28905531
What society lets sick people die in the streets?
>>
>>28907275
All of them?

Don't fool yourself, libcuck.
>>
>>28907286
Well in America they can't refuse care. People aren't just dying in the streets.
>>
>>28904474
Reminds me of a certain fellow.
>>
>>28905399
Yes it does. The decision to preemptively end your own life is an ignored but inalienable human right.
>>
>>28907310
He also had real depression and not just pathetic robot depression.
>>
>>28905473
I suppose there is some truth to this. It seems like something that powerful or arrogant people feel personally or subconsciously but don't usually share with the general population. But that's just my gut feeling and I can't prove it.

Do you these attitudes are systemic despite all the entertainment and news media purporting the contrary?
>>
>>28907342
Explain to me how the depression of someone who is intelligent and known love and success in his life is more profound than the depression of an idiot who has been a failure all his life.
>>
>>28905530
>Your family would be teared appart. Probably a lot of people would want to die too. Your close friends would be traumatized.
See, this is where you fuck up. You're presuming that I even have those things, so already you're grossly underestimating just how dire my situation really is. Secondly, youre suggesting that the pain those hypothetical people would feel is more important than the pain i feel on a second-by-second basis. I'm not going to keep living in mental agony just so I can spare my """""friends""""" and """""loved ones""""" some grief. If they truly cared about me, they wouldn't want me to keep suffering.

But normies never think like this. They just throw banal platitude after banal platitude at you in the hopes that you'll shut up. They don't know your pain. They don't know how shitty your life is. They just assume it's as great as their own, so when they say shit like "Think of your friends!" or "You have some much to live for!" what they're really doing is applying the thought of suicide to their own, great lives, and being repulsed by it.
>>
>>28905655
>Why should it be sellfish?

Why is rape selfish and morally wrong? Same reason
>>
>>28907353
>Do you these attitudes are systemic despite all the entertainment and news media purporting the contrary?

They're systemic in that they have been deeply embedded in the humanities ever since antiquity, so they are openly expressed everywhere the humanities are studied, mostly in academia, law, politics. More modern types of elites, such as managers and advertisers naturally follow less elitist philosophies, but I have no doubt that what the Greek discovered regarding virility as morality and weakness as evil emerges naturally as a result of the self-reflection of elites, at least if the shallow materialism meme doesn't apply to the best and brightest (which I think it doesn't).

>>28907094
>>28907221
You're supposing that there exists some sense of community and comradeship among modern people. I think that that is no longer necessary in an intimate sense, and that the suicide of the neighbours' child works similarly to the master-slave relationship between individuals - it makes people feel better about their own children, rather than making them face their morality. There's nothing to be learned about morality anyway, people just ignore it and try to prosper the best they can, and if the other family should fall on hard times, too bad for them.
>>
File: 1464426515632__.jpg (141 KB, 940x950) Image search: [Google]
1464426515632__.jpg
141 KB, 940x950
>>28904474
>this is actually what catholics believe
>wait until he finds out that most normies are either atheist protestant or muslim
>>
File: 1463274314560.jpg (64 KB, 631x630) Image search: [Google]
1463274314560.jpg
64 KB, 631x630
>>28905530
>close friends
as if any robot has a friend. my 'closest friend' is some random anon i met in a chatroom.

>>28905655
>why should it be selfish?
pulling someone out of nothingness and into a shitty existence is worse than murder.
>>
>>28907523
Alright, now you're positing that altruism is non-beneficial or even non-existent. I call bullshit.

It may not impact the power structure among the elite of the elites, but communalism and doing things for others is essential to humanity thriving.
>>
This,kidz is an example of a no true scotsman phallacy
>>
File: 1419934586284.gif (475 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
1419934586284.gif
475 KB, 499x374
>TFW my family and friends would be devastated, and I still might do it anyways

It's just hard, god damn it. I don't relate to any of them, and I don't want them to care. I wish I'd get murdered in some shitty alley somewhere, so they could get their emotional release over the tragedy and then move on without blaming themselves.
>>
>>28907422
Because his is real and the losers here are just sad because they are single
>>
>>28907827
So real depression only applies to those that lived it out long enough? Got it.
>>
>>28907827
>Implying that being single isn't a result of the fact that they can't function like an emotionally stable human being

You're an idiot, but please, go ahead and tell us all these facts about suicidal people.
>>
>>28907607
Modern society puts independence on a pedestal while the same normal, functioning folk rely on their connections for everything.

To say it is unnecessary is a lie, but that is not what society preaches. That is why we live in a selfish society, because it cannot acknowledge its core dependencies. It permeates our society, we either do things by ourselves or stay reclusive in our homes ordering things online.

In essence, both of you are correct to an extent. It is a necessity, but not in the intimate sense. You don't get a feeling of closeness with your deliveryman, for instance. He's one of the many that delivery packages. He's not Dan who lives in the same town delivering your parcels week by week because we're stuck in a small village. Proximity access makes all the difference in how society gets the basic necessities. In return for convenience, we have culturally traded away potential social aspects. If I had to guess why though, it would be for "privacy" reasons.
>>
God so many disgusting normalfags in this thread. If Op ir anybody else for that matter has a genuine desire to kill themselves i don't think you have a right to question that just because you think his problems aren't hard enough. Also i love how it's always people who live happy lives that come up with that shit. Pain is relative.

One of the reasons i find it enfuriating when people say that suicide is selfish is because they don't give two fucks about the person when he/she is alive and if they do they just say some superficial crap like "oh life gets better" etc and they feel all smug and satisfied that they've done their little bit to improve humanity. Nobody should have to live for anybody else that's just fucking stupid
>>
>>28907258
People watch Mr. Bean, among other shows where awkwardness and innocence are laughed at. To know that there is some useless cunt somewhere who has it worse than you makes people feel better about themselves. I believe robots do a lot for the self esteem for normies.

Stacies talk about the retard who tried asking them out at work all the time, makes them feel superior.
>>
These idiots would never allow the same restrictions on abortion that they have for suicide. What happened to being pro-choice?
>>
>>28908033
Well, for today's noncharismatic people there's always religion or using wealth or unique abilities to attract others, but I must admit that true communalism doesn't seem as important today (at least for those who aren't poor) than it seems to have been in eras past.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.