[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here struggling looking for a job? It's been 6 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1464195333897.jpg (166 KB, 634x808) Image search: [Google]
1464195333897.jpg
166 KB, 634x808
Who here struggling looking for a job? It's been 6 months since I've been fired. Everyday I'm searching offers, I've made lots of interviews, and still nothing. Who else in a similar situation?

inb4
>only 6 months being unemployed. Try 10 years fucking normie
>unironically looking for a job. Kill yourself wagecuck
>>
I graduated high school last year and was rejected from every fast food and retail job I've applied for.

Unemployed for almost a year

>muh you're not trying hard enough
>>
>>28904224
>but people get jobs in a day
I hate being told this, and I want to know where this happens so I can go there.
>>
I'm almost 26 and the job I ever had I ended up having a panic attack and leaving. They called me to come back the next day but I was too embarrassed to go back to work.
>>
>>28903840
>tfw im going to quit a job i just got 6 months ago
feel like a scumbag, but its not like the company actually cares/appreciates me.
>>
I got a meme degree in liberal arts, and EVERY stereotype is true... except for the fact that employers won't hire you for min wage jobs because you're "overqualified." So now I'm too overqualified to be a wageslave and too underqualified for an entry level job
>>
>>28903840
I graduated in 2012, found a job instantly, but had to leave in 2014. Month 27 of NEET life starts in just a few days.
>>
>>28903840
I got laid off 6 months ago. Still don't have a job really. I have some very minor sources of income but not enough and it's all led to me moving back to my moms house. Going to spend my 25th birthday at moms.

Feels bad familia.

I've recently gotten into doing PA work though for some tv shows and that pays okay. But like I don't even know what I want to do with myself... I guess just be a PA for a while and move out. But idk.
>>
>>28904236
Probably people who did well in school or for their respective degree. I'm just a retard with a 2.0 GPA.
>>
File: mission accomplished.jpg (74 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
mission accomplished.jpg
74 KB, 700x396
>>28903840
>Apply on a fuck ton of jobs.
You should be doing 10-15 applications a day. Actually count them. They can be tedious, so 5 can feel like 10. But you need to actually COMPLETE 10-15.

>Apply on things you normally wouldn't
Unless you're clearly not qualified (like if they require an engineering degree and you don't have one), then send an application. As soon as I got free from that mentality of "ONLY JOBS IN MY MAJOR", I had way more success.

>*IMMEDIATE* follow-up call
Right after you submit the application, call the company's human resources department. Say your first and last name, the position you applied for, and that you're looking forward to being considered. Then say your phone number, and thank them. Try to do it smoothly. Like a newscaster or a recording.

>Save a general-use short cover letter in Notepad or Word
Mine is literally 3 sentences. The only difference between applications is the part where I mention the company's name.

>Talk yourself up on your resume
Meaning, if you had a customer service job, don't just say "talked with customers on the phone." Say "built relationships with 60-70 customers per day via telephone and helped them resolve account issues." Yeah it's corny as fuck. But this is pretty much what a resume is for. Most people are not applying to be CEO, so they all kinda have the same qualifications. The point is to see who comes across well on paper. Those are the ones who are invited to come interview.

tl;dr - Employers love (minimal) effort. Every fucking time.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.