[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anybody else absolutely hate it when your parents compliment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1452012128647s.jpg (8 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1452012128647s.jpg
8 KB, 250x242
does anybody else absolutely hate it when your parents compliment you ?

>oh anon you know so much
>oh anon youre so original

i know their intentions are good and they try to cheer me up but i absolutely cannot stand it because it seems so obvious that any parent would find his child intelligent and special
>>
i dont like compliments coming from anyone

the person always has an angle and the compliment is just to manipulate you
>>
>>28901334
This desu.

No one really believes in what they say. It' just to make you feel good. Or to laugh at you. Or they just pity you.
>>
>>28900857
Yeah, compliments given out to me are the same type given out to a child.

>"oh anon you're a genius!"
After clicking a few options on their laptop.

>"The touchpad doesn't work"
>"Wow anon you should work for microsoft!"
Near the touchpad was a button that disables it, they must have pressed it accidentally. Seriously how can you use a device every day and not wonder what certain buttons do?
>>
>>28901334
I get puzzled whenever I'm complimented
Srsly
>>
>>28901465
You did a really good job there anon!
>>
File: 1442735051059.jpg (42 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
1442735051059.jpg
42 KB, 500x557
>>28901559
Hey stop it
>>
i told a girl today that i dont really like nose rings but i thought it looked really cute on her and she said thanks
>>
File: 1447198868782.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
1447198868782.jpg
101 KB, 1024x904
>>28900857
I don't like being lied to.

When I became more and more miserable I found my family complimenting me and starting to give a shit way more than what they normally did. I even had extended family members ring me up just to ask how i was going which was something that never happened before. (I eventually stopped answering)

Normies think and act like they're an amazing person simply for giving a shit when someone is at a low point, showing that they "care", but they're nowhere to be found on any other day of the week.
It confuses and annoys me.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.