[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched Fight Club and I loved it. I don't even care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: nothingreal.gif (56 KB, 488x200) Image search: [Google]
nothingreal.gif
56 KB, 488x200
Just watched Fight Club and I loved it.
I don't even care about the whole anarchy stuff but this movie made me realize that it doesn't matter if you win or loose. For the first time in my life I was truly happy.

>tfw nothing matters
>>
>>28900718
>tfw nothing matters
That's not the message of the movie
>>
Great movie desu fampai. One of my favorites.
>>
>>28900733
I know but that's what I realized by watching it.
All my life I assumed that I had to "win" somehow but after seeing Tyler getting beaten to a pulp and not caring, fighting for the sake of fighting I changed my mind.
>>
>>28900813
But you're wrong and realizing that from watching the movie means you're misinterpreting it.

Most stuff that people place importance in doesn't matter, sure. Working at a job that destroys you mentally so you have more than you need isn't important, defining yourself by the things you purchase isn't good, letting people walk all over you isn't healthy.

But some things do matter and some things/people are worth saving.

I think you're just infatuated with how cool Tyler seemed but you don't understand why he and his ideas had to die. He became too extreme in the "nothing matters" attitude. Wanton destruction isn't beneficial.
>>
>>28900718
.gif
>not seeing tyler flashing in the background

0/10 OP.
>>
This movie made me realise that i had never actually been in a fight and i havent been through the trial of manhood
>>
>>28900905
I do understand that. Although I liked the plot of the movie my realization came as a "side effect". It probably isn't what the writer intended to convey but it works for me,
>>
>>28900949
I know, I'm disappointed myself because I just used google so I could start a thread.
>>
>>28901003
But you're being a hypocrite, saying nothing matters but talking about how great this movie is. I think you should watch it again or some similar movies, or just keep working on self-reflection.
>>
>>28900905
>The only lesson you're allowed to learn from a media is the lesson the creators meant you to take from it, you're not allowed to let other thoughts be spurred by it and if you consider anything outside of what's intended you're objectively wrong.
>>
>>28901053
I liked the twists, drama and idea behind it but I don't need to agree with everything the movie says to appreciate it.
>>
WE UNDERAGE NOWW
>>
>>28900905
dumb anon is dumb

original
>>
>tfw did a speech on fight club in high school

Please stop reminding me
>>
>>28901100
>if you consider anything outside of what's intended you're objectively wrong

Yeah, you are objectively wrong. But there's nothing majorly wrong with that
>>
>>28901203
a differing view on art than what the creator intended does not make it wrong fucknugget, media is entirely objective. It's impossible to be objectively wrong unless you were talking about a fact about the piece in question.
>>
>>28901253
There you go again, being objectively wrong again. It's ok though, I'm in a forgiving mood right now
>>
>>28900718
protip: movies aren't real

>>28901133
kek
>>
>>28901286
anime isn't real senpai
>>
>>28901286
The one real answer. The one real insight. The one thing underage b&ns, extreme feminists and /pol/cucks have in common, the thing they have consistently failed to understand in life:

It's just a fucking movie. It's fucking fiction, it's a STORY.
>>
>>28900718
watch the machinist too you slimey fuck
>>
>>28901368
Thanks for the movie recommendation, friend.
>>
>>28901345
>it takes real insight to figure out that a movie is fiction

Damn, bro, what will you millenials figure out next? Can't wait to find out
>>
>>28901393
>what is sarcasm?

So, you old decaying piece of human flesh, how does it feels to be an autistic virgin at age 51? I've lost all hope on you cucks anyway, it's like you want to remain virginal just so you can continue on complaining.
>>
>>28901345
So what? It's a movie, it's fiction, it's a story and this fact doesn't devalue the idea behind it or the effect it has on the person watching it.

>bro it's just a movie now let us fuck some real life bitches
That's a really normie thing to say
>>
File: Fight Club.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fight Club.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1080
>>28900718
>Just watched Fight Club
underage b&
>>
>>28901453
Some people are too lazy to watch a movie and remember it years later so they give it a try.
I still like you though, my friend.
>>
>>28900905
What? There was like never a nothing matters part in that movie how are you saying he went too far into the "nothing matters" attitude.
Basically like any most every good story it's a love story. When it starts out his possessions matter and it is killing him that he knows that they don't matter. Life started to matter somewhat in the support groups that he faked being part of, people opened up to him and communicated in a way he obviously didn't do with anyone else. The imaginary friend wasn't about not mattering it was more about control and how little he has of it and a lot of that is just him trying to come to terms with it.

>>28901253
The creator actually said the movie improved the book. Y'all little edgelords would love another one of his short stories. "Guts". I use to copy paste it on random forums/boards to see if I could bait normies into reading it.
>>
>>28901593
>The creator actually said the movie improved the book.
Did he?
I thought it was the opposite. He said that the movie was giving a completely different message from what he intended.
>>
File: 1464154336947.jpg (27 KB, 542x403) Image search: [Google]
1464154336947.jpg
27 KB, 542x403
>>28901253
>media is entirely objective.
?
>>
The message in fight club is truly profound and timeless, buddha himself would have enjoyed this movie and I love the fact that hipsters think they are above it, it adds to movies appeal.
>>
>>28901964
No. I can dig up a source. It really was a very well done movie in a lot of ways. The Dustbrothers sound track was fucking excellent and how it was edited into the movie was just like perfect in spots a lot of the time I'd throw the movie on at the end of the night just to listen to the sound track. I'm partially biased because Fincher is one of those directors where I see a film look it up afterward (or after I seen it a few times, watched the commentary version) and been like oh right that director didn't know he did this but I'm not surprised I like it.
It's like one of those movies people just dislike in that sort of hipster attitude of "I'm too cool for this because everyone else likes it."
>>
>>28902106
>"I'm too cool for this because everyone else likes it."
I think it might have more to do with politics or people taking the 'edgy' meme too seriously.
>>
>>28902136
That is indeed the reason I will flinch in pain and anticipation whenever someone informs me that their favorite movie is Fight Club, or whatever. It's a gigantic redflag for detecting edgelords.
>>
>>28900718
here, have some fight club 2
http://www.readcomics.net/fight-club-2/chapter-1
>>
I remember I hated Fight Club when I first watched it just because it was my friend's favorite movie and I'm a hipster faggot.

Now it's my favorite film.
>>
>>28902193

what's wrong with being an edgelord?
>>
>>28902106
>No. I can dig up a source

No, no, I believe you and I agree with you, I just thought that the creator was actually disappointed with the movie. With the message of the movie, to be more specific.
>>
>>28902333
Seems like the type that's open to interpretation about it.
>>28902222
>sequel
I'd go for a cash grab too if I were him.
>>
>>28902443
not too bad actually. Why do you doubt my quads?
>>
>>28900718
>wew dude I just watched fight club, nothing matters haha!
>my eyes are open brah!
I hate normalfags so much. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>28902587
Checkd
Very few things have decent sequels. For the actual book it could work. Another movie would just be a plain bad move, unless you love money. I'm not saying it'd be bad, it's just not really necessary.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.