[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you learn how to sing? Do you just practice it Or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: pepeman.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pepeman.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
How do you learn how to sing?

Do you just practice it

Or is it just
>GENETICS
>>
Some people have naturally better chords and ear for singing in tune but almost everyone can learn to sing at an average level with enough practise and lessons.
>>
>>28900048
It's both. Some people have vocal chords that were meant for singing. It's still something that you need to practice and put to use.
>>
>>28900048
People tell me i sing realy good all of the practise i did was sing songs with notes i could reach untill i could reach higher ones bit by bit mind you im not a fenomenal singer im just good but i also smoke so...
>>
It's genetics.

You're already looking for an excuse as to why you won't get good without putting in any focus or effort, so there it is.

it's just genetic fellow robot you and I will never be able to do it.
>>
>IS IT ENVIRONMENT OR IS IT MUH GENETICS

Idiots. Genetics will always give people an advantage, and give you a base color and range for your voice. Then there is a tremendous amount of potential that can only be reached through correct practice over a long time. Unless a doctor suggests you shouldn't sing due to a medical condition, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to learn how to sing.
>>
>>28900048
everyone has a genetic talent for something, no matter how mundane and stupid it might be
>>
It's genetics. Every time with all things it always depends on genetics
>>
>>28900180
r9k uses genetics as an excuse for laziness, let's be completely straight up and honest here
>>
>>28900083
>fenomenal

Go back to school famalam
>>
>>28900212
fucking fuck you //r/reddit/
>>
>>28900268
so you think it's pointless to pursue something unless you're gifted at it? how do you know whether you're gifted at it until you try it
>>
how in the heck would it be genetics
do you sound exactly like your mom or dad or your siblings?
are most famous singers born to a lineage of famous singers?
your vocal cords are generated pretty randomly, things that affect it are your gender, height, age and weather or not you drink and smoke
I do suppose if you want to go as far back as race it could be viewed as genetics though since niggers and asians may have fundamentally differently shaped throats which is why they generally have higher and lower voices than caucsians but on an individual level I don't think your voice is hereditary and you can pretty much end up sounding like any caucasian
>>
>>28900124
But my voice is shit anon

>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0QFo3bhIovJ

inb4
>coldplay
fuck off I like them
>>
Freddy Mercury has never head any singing lessons.
>>
File: lsdhousewife.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lsdhousewife.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>28900283
If you can't see it then you'll just never know it, and I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>28900356
G E N E T I C S
E C
N I
E T
T E
I N
C E
S C I T E N E G
>>
File: 1444208291081.png (822 KB, 3300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444208291081.png
822 KB, 3300x300
>>28900048
It's a combination of those two.
>>
>>28900302
It's genetics, stfu sandnigger
>>
>>28900328
You're using too much air. Don't hold back your voice, hold back the air. Use your diaphragm(seriously). Also, learn how to mute consonants like go "lies" instead of "lights" and "ignye" instead of "ignite". Also, try to sing with an instrument to help you keep in key.
>>
>>28900328
>>28900724
I should add by holding back air I mean you literally hold your breath and let your diaphragm do everything.
>>
File: 830px-Lynching2.jpg (215 KB, 830x1024) Image search: [Google]
830px-Lynching2.jpg
215 KB, 830x1024
>>28900328
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1zhgiLS7FXO
>>
>>28900752
I'm a NEET anon.
>>
The big 3 factors for mastering a skill are
>genetics
>time
>mindset
If you have 3/3 you can master it relatively quickly.
2/3 you can master it.
1/3 pretty much no hope.
0/3 end your life.
>>
>>28900328
>>28900724
Listen how this guy mutes consonants
Listen how he sings "succee" and "nee" and "slee"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n19hMu4yW0
>>
File: duluth-lynching.jpg (51 KB, 504x407) Image search: [Google]
duluth-lynching.jpg
51 KB, 504x407
>>28900786
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1dIvUjjFIcY
>>
>>28900806
That voice would be great for a football pundit, anon.
>>
Being good at something is mostly genetics and practicing from a young age

It's possible to become good at a later age but it's much harder and won't come naturally, it's like learning a language later in life vs learning your mother tongue
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.