[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poorfag feels thread? >bored of life but can't do anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1464225473482.jpg (45 KB, 599x443) Image search: [Google]
1464225473482.jpg
45 KB, 599x443
Poorfag feels thread?

>bored of life but can't do anything
>can't get wagecucked because not a high school graduate
>phone poster on a cheap android phone
>live in a 100 sq ft apartment that is $200 a month
>live from neetbux

Fuck this shit. I would kill myself but I can't even afford the tool to kill with. No friends at all, khv, 24, shitpost on neighbor's WIFI, and going nowhere.
>>
Literally a 10ft x 10ft room? Do you live in a flop house?

At least the rent sounds reasonable.
>>
>>28897484
8x8 main room, a closet, and a bathroom. It is comfy at least. It reminds me of my childhood bedroom with the tube TV, the PS2, posters and nothing changes, so it is frozen in time, sort of.

But yea, it is basically a room.
>>
>>28897546
You have your own bathroom too? Sounds comfy af desu. What do you do for food?
>>
>>28897444
Impressive trips. Very nice.
>>
>>28897629
I go to the store and buy two weeks worth of shit.
>>
>>28897444
at least you have your neighbors wifi friend
>>
>>28897546
this sounds very nice desu
>>
man im a richster wagecuckold who lives with his mom and i'd trade my megabux for a comfy craphole apartment and a monthly tugboat
>>
>>28897444
> comfy apartment
> rent is $200/month

Where the hell do you live?

Save a little until you have enough for a computer. Then look into taking online courses for certificates or GED or something.
>>
>>28897444
"Preoccupation with money is the great test of small natures, but only a small test of great ones." -- Sebastien-Roch Nicolas De Chamfort

I am nearly 50 years old, and I've lived most of my life in utter destitution. I've been homeless repeatedly, once for an entire year. I have no car, no insurance, no savings, no investments, no retirement, no mortgage, nothing. And I have had a full and exciting life not in spite of my lack of physical wealth but *because* of it.

This world is run by sociopathic billionaire capitalists who reward only those people who help them maintain their ill-gotten wealth. If you work against them, you will find yourself destitute. While it's possible to be poor without actually opposing the world's true powers, you can't be rich without supporting them. That's how the system is set up. The only way, therefore, to lead a virtuous life is to be poor.

And since poverty is a moral necessity, the only way to get any kind of reward from this existence is to learn how to enjoy life without money. I live in a bare, concrete, unfinished basement full of mold and mice. I sleep on an old piece of foam. I don't have a fridge or stove, and I have to take sponge baths in the sink because there's no bath. Last summer it got so hot that I ended up covered in heat rash from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. Yet I know that by living in these conditions, I help to support our union-hall-cum-community-centre. As Nietzsche wrote, "He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." Learn to appreciate what you have and live for something greater than yourself.
>>
>>28899187
Hey anon your words are very inspirational. My reason for living is the hope I find true love, it might be naive but it keeps me hanging on.
I don't mind being poor because there are simple pleasures I can obtain.
>>
>>28899252
"However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. It is not so bad as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring. I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace. The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any. Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving. Most think that they are above being supported by the town; but it oftener happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means, which should be more disreputable. Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts. God will see that you do not want society. If I were confined to a corner of a garret all my days, like a spider, the world would be just as large to me while I had my thoughts about me." -- Henry David Thoreau, _Walden_
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.