[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats worse than never having a shot? Potentially having a shot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: worldisgrim.jpg (126 KB, 911x615) Image search: [Google]
worldisgrim.jpg
126 KB, 911x615
Whats worse than never having a shot?

Potentially having a shot then blowing it.

I know this now for sure. let me tell you a story about my grandpa, he had a huge amount of property but one day decided to sell it. he did not trust banks because he was full /pol/ mode towards banks (not racist though) and sold his property for gold. this was before gold skyrocketed. anyways he hid the gold in a motorhome and traveled around the world. apparently old people traveling the americans in a motorhome is a cliche but thats what he did along with traveling to europe.

He tried to tell my mom where the gold was hidden but she is a complete airhead and said "dont talk about that your gonna live for a long time i dont want to hear it" he told her anyways but she insisted she didnt need to know about it. then he died and my mom had forgotten where he said the gold was. my grandpa told everyone about the gold, he prided himself on his ability to hide it, and boasted that no one would ever find it if they didnt know where to look. he was a heavy duty mechanic so who knows where he could have put it.
how he died was interesting. he had a girlfriend at the time who knew about the gold, but not where it was (to my families knowledge at least).
he died playing cards at her house. then she told my family that all his stuff was cleaned up and ready to be picked up. my family went to drive to her house to pick it up immediately without telling her and everything was ransacked. like hollywood style thrown all over the place like she was searching for the gold. so then she takes my family to court and says she and my grandpa were in love and he was gonna leave everything to her anyways so she should get it.
the best part? this is not the first time one of her boyfriends has died under suspicious circumstances (my grandpa was 65 and seemed healthy) in fact a number of her partners had died and she was notorious within her community and even nicknamed "the black widow".
>>
>>28897334
Use your detective skills,
find the spoople,
and get the bad lady.
>>
Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture it
Or just let it slip?

original lyrics
>>
>>28897334
so my family gets the motorhome and looks for the gold. and they cant find it. i told them they will hardly get any money for the thing because its so old and is junk so just tear it apart piece by piece and look for the gold that way but they do not. My mom sells it to her boyfriend at the time for like 500 bucks who travels around americas from time o time too and needs a motorhome. he then decides to sell it to me for like 20 bucks after it gets some mold in the roof. im thinking 20 bucks and i will finally get to tear the thing apart myself. but i get a temporary job working 5 days a week 8-5 and am to tired and put it off. Then i go to school full time and the motor home is an hour drive away from me. and i forget about it. Then i am forced to move 5 hours away from where the motor home is and i have to put the motor home in storage. Then i lose my job, and get sick and run out of money. i can no longer afford to pay the storage fees and i cant keep the thing on the road. i cant even afford to go back to the motorhome now and tear it apart myself like i wanted to, and where would i do that anyways, im not sure.

so my dad decides to do me a favor and sell it for me, which is nice. he doesnt think there is any gold in it aymore because "that lady got it" if that was true why would all the clothes drawers and kitchen cabinets be ransacked. does he think my grandpa who bragged about having it hid in a spot where no one would ever find it hid it in his sock drawer or behind some pots?
it doesn't make sense.
but im told he was fond of spending money so he probably spent most of it anyways. and another excuse which doesnt seem to add up etc.
>>
>>28897506
So now i come to my computer and get a message that the motorhome sold and the guy already drove it away. without the transfer papers. the guy is a mechanic who is going to take it apart piece by piece "for the motor and other parts"
my dad did all the selling for me and told everyone he met about the gold that could be hidden inside it. so they guy knows about the possibility too.

Im sitting here wishing i had at least talked to a mechanic myself or a scrap yard guy and had him help me to look for the gold by letting me tear it apart on his property before he scrapped it for me. i had the money to pay to have it scrapped at the time but the motor home was out of sight of of mind while i was dealing with some other real life bullshit.

now im wondering if i had taken some initiative with the thing and not put it off could i have found the gold? my grandpa made hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gold selling his property while gold was still relatively low to what it is now. even if there was only 10k worth of gold left that would have made an amazing story.

now all i got is "yeah i had the motorhome myself too but didnt look as hard asi wanted so ill never know if it was in there or not"
>>
why would you sell a motorhome that you thought had hundreds of thousands of dollars ratholed away in it for 20 dollardoos?

Nothing about this seems real. If it is then.... well guess none of you really need the money, so at least that's good.
>>
>>28897727
the guy who sold me it for 20 dollars didnt need to money honestly and he didnt think it had any gold in it because he listened to my mom. he was a millionaire doctor so he really did not need the money anyways.

as to why everyone else sold it. no one else thinks the gold is in it anymore. im the only one who still argues it could be there.
>>
>>28897819
Well, would have been a catch 22. I'm sure if you stripped it and didn't find anything you'd still wonder if you overlooked it somehow.
>>
File: triggered.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>28897334

(Dog barks)
>>
>>28897845
the thing had been searched somewhat thoroughly too over the years after his death.

When i got it i took apart the fridge and took it rght out and checked the roof aove the fridge and it was obviously carved out as if someone was making a hiding spot but nothing was there.
My dad could have gotten to it, and he wouldnt have told anyone if he did because he had a bad divorce with my mom. im sure he would take the secret to his grave, after he had spent it all on himself. some other family could have learned where it was from my grandpa and remembered and came to get it while my family was away, althoguh that seems unlikely as most of my extended family seem quite honest.

ill never know and its horrible because if i had put in more effort i would at least know i did everything in my power. its hard to describe the feeling you actually get when this happens.
>>
>>28897940
lots of people have parents who get scammed in their last years out of all their inheritance and it's the same feeling. If only we had her in a home / on a trust, why did their brain stop working, how could they work their whole life and lose it in a couple months etc etc.

It's a kick in the dick, but no use crying over spilled milk as they say. Hopefully your dad snagged it on the DL. Seems weird that anyone would let it leave without tearing it apart by hand if it was valueless, so maybe someone along the line did palm it on the sly.
>>
>>28898035
this happened to my other grandpa too. he was on his deathbed and sold all his property for pennies while out of his mind. theg uy who bought them sub divided it and made millions.

>Seems weird that anyone would let it leave without tearing it apart by hand if it was valueless, so maybe someone along the line did palm it on the sly.

yes this is what i was thinking. but on the other hand, my mother and father are both the black sheep of the family and not too bright imo. So them doing incredibly stupid things would not be out of character. a have a few other stories about them which would make you shake your head in puzzlement as well.
you never know. im hoping when i get more financially stable myself and look back on it i wont care as much.
>>
>>28898087
Yeah it's... it's a disgusting part of society. Vultures exist and they know when a corpse is ripe.

Even weirder that your dad told the mechanic it might be fat with loot too. I don't know the law regarding found money of that capacity, but my guess would be if the guy did find a small fortune of gold on board you guys would still be able to reclaim it through litigation. Like pretty sure if you buy a house and find a buried cache of dubloons or something you actually don't legally own it, but that might just be a super specific law regarding minted coins. It might not even be the case, but I recall hearing something like that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.