[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two days ago I witnessed someone's suicide attempt. Pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Ua9zcua.jpg (624 KB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
Ua9zcua.jpg
624 KB, 3024x4032
Two days ago I witnessed someone's suicide attempt. Pic related, I didn't take it, but it's of the one I witnessed. He fell like 20 stories and survived. When I think about it, I see him falling, and I remember how he was flailing his limbs around. He fell so slowly, slower than you'd think. After he jumped, we all saw him falling, then he disappeared from my view, because I was on street level and he jumped onto another building. And after a moment, there was a loud THUMP. I remember being disgusted at the huge crowd of people, taking photos, looking at him, yet I didn't turn away either. I didn't walk away.

What strikes me most of all though, when I think back on this incident, is how free he looked when he was falling.
>>
>>28896435
Could you see his facial expression?
>>
>>28896452

This pic is from pretty close to my vantage point, so no.
>>
>>28896435
>20 stories
>lived

I'm gonna need a news article on this one.
>>
>>28896487

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/4l6i7r/jumper_at_bloorsherbourne/
>>
>>28896487
>>28896514

They don't write stories about suicides/attempts so I hope this will suffice.
>>
>>28896435
what would be the consequences for egging someone on? Like if I was a bystander and screamed at the fucker to jump. Would I be sent to jail or just pissed on by everyone else around?
>>
>>28896931
no consequences unless you knew about it before hand and unlocked the roof door for him or something

idk, laws might be different depending on country
>>
>>28896435
I will never understand how someone can fuck up something so simple such as killing yourself especially jumping from a building.
>>
>>28896931

I dunno, but I kinda feel like he wouldn't have jumped if there hadn't been a crowd. Like when he jumped it was really sudden, as if he was fed up with the world or something.

>>28896971

It was just dumb luck. And really, is it so bad for him what happened? Either he gets a second shot at life with a newfound perspective, or he can just go and do it right the second time.
>>
>>28897175
It is a terrible thing since he'll be living in a worse condition than when he jumped.
>>
>>28896487
People sometimes survive huge falls.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovi%C4%87
>>
>>28896971
The flailing probably added a lot to the wind resistance of the fall, thus softening the impact of the blow on impact with the ground.

If he had done it correctly, and from an adequate height, he almost certainly would have died halfway before any part of him met the ground. Smart money's on it being an attention-whoring gesture, and not a truly suicidal one.
>>
>>28897308

If you saw how tall the building was, and where he jumped from, there's no way he thought he was going to survive when he jumped.
>>
>>28896435
>guy sits on an edge chilling and watching the view

>omg le suicide XDD
>>
File: 1441941011019.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441941011019.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>28896435
>What strikes me most of all though, when I think back on this incident, is how free he looked when he was falling.

Golly anon you'd better find a building to jump off of right now. Truly, this must be a realistic solution to all our problems why didn't we realize it before
>>
>>28897611
>Doesn't actually read the post
>thereby misses the part where the dude in the photo fell
>like 20 stories
Holy shit. Can you just do humanity a favour and remove yourself from the gene pool already
>>
>>28897611
> http://m.imgur.com/WTG5HkP
>>
>>28898172
>http://m.imgur.com/WTG5HkP
>posts a gif of him playing the video on his phone
Just post the video link and be done with it, you massive sperglord
>>
>>28898192
It was in the thread the op linked, I didn't see him jumping nor did I film the video that's on the phone "sperglord".
>>
>>28898241
Still doesn't excuse the fact that you put far too much effort into that shitpost than was necessary

>implying you didn't do so on purpose just to get those sweet, sweet imgur views
>>
>>28897308
>Smart money's on it being an attention-whoring gesture, and not a truly suicidal one.

>20 stories
>attention whoring

you are a legitimately retarded normalfag.
>>
>>28898274
>implying you didn't do so on purpose just to get those sweet, sweet imgur views
you need to get away from the computer for a bit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.