[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i the only one in the world who really doesn't care what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: are you serious.jpg (143 KB, 543x522) Image search: [Google]
are you serious.jpg
143 KB, 543x522
Am i the only one in the world who really doesn't care what other people think or do at all?
>>
>>28895071
Nobody truly cares about others.
You care because you want something in return.
>>
>>28895099
then why is it so many people even on 4chan get upset when you suggest doing things that would be a detriment to society and others? i can't see how being worried about other people is anything but the opposite of reasonable for a mortal being
>>
>>28895153
I mean the general answer is that people are upset about "deviant" behaviors because they are insecure about themselves and they want to be accepted by the society unconsciously.
Can you give an example of those things ?
>>
>>28895071
If you don't care about what people think, why are you asking people about what they think?
>>
>>28895418
i have time to kill
>>28895414
things like homosexuality, being lazy, masturbating to different fetishes, watching anime, and even just the act of not caring about what other people think. i don't understand why anyone would care about the general populaces opinion of them, or anyones opinion. why waste time not letting yourself be happy because someone else is made uncomfortable by it or looks down on you for it?
>>
>>28895527
Well imagine you are a really insecure person.
You hate certain aspects of your personality because you feel that people will hate you because of this.
Then there is this guy who doesn't give a shit and he embraced all the stuff you are ashamed about.
Of course you are going to be upset about it.
But the funny thing is that people can't really come with an objective, reasonable reason why they hate those thing, this is subconscious.
Also
And there is the simple answer of people just hating what is different from them.

i don't know if that made sense, not a native speaker
>>
>>28895071

Meh.

I don't care what other people think about me, within reason. I've long since realized that strangers are often too wrapped up in their own personal dramas to devote more than a few seconds of attention to whatever strange thing I might be doing. If I embarrass myself drunk at a bar or say the wrong word to a girl, I'm going to move on and so are they. What's the use in worrying about folks with whom I'll have limited interactions and will likely never see again?

I used to be a complete sperg when it came to what I thought other people thought of me. I was too afraid to talk to strangers, approach women, speak poorly in a foreign language, ask for directions, and a bunch of other crap.

After my life started expanding and I found myself stepping outside of my comfort zone more and more often, I stopped caring. I'm not rude to people and am generally a nice guy; I'm just not bothered to spend more than a few seconds wondering if Joe Blow or Jane Doe are judging me for eating at a restaurant or watching a movie alone.

Fuck 'em.
>>
>>28895761
i see
i just never was bothered by things that weren't going to affect me directly
>>
>>28895949
You're bothered by people caring about you and other people. This doesn't affect you directly.
>>
>>28895071
im smoking weed right now
>>
You want to be the only one
>>
>>28896562
I don't really care what anyone thinks of me though. i hold my own self above what other people want me to be. is that what being selfish means?
>>
File: Sanctuary Part 4 1-26.jpg (616 KB, 930x1528) Image search: [Google]
Sanctuary Part 4 1-26.jpg
616 KB, 930x1528
>>28895071
>MFW Sanctuary reaction images on /r9gay/
>>
>>28897126
i'm a jack-of-all-boards kind of guy. some boards are good for shitposting and relief whereas others are actual quality and QUALITY
>>
File: Sanctuary part 2 7-12.jpg (443 KB, 970x1513) Image search: [Google]
Sanctuary part 2 7-12.jpg
443 KB, 970x1513
>>28897244

No QUALITY here, friend.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.