[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some healthy alternatives to sleep? Too many energy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
What are some healthy alternatives to sleep?

Too many energy drinks is bad for you and too much coffee eventually makes you crash.

I just want to make the most of my life and don't want to waste 1/3 of it sleeping, especially when the jews have society in an iron grip that requires everyone to work for special green paper that keeps them alive.
>>
ampetamines, just need to make sure you drink more water
>>
>>28894814
My friend tried the uberman sleep schedule and it completely fucked him over. You could try it but there aren't any studies proving it works.
>>
>>28894814
I know how you feel, sometimes I really don't want to sleep but sometimes dreams can be better than taking any drug.

I read that the U.S. military is working on methods of keeping soldiers awake for 6-7 days without getting fatigued, you could join a research project maybe, but you'd probably have to stop talking about the Jews like that.
>>
provigil, but theres no substitute for sleep bro
>>
>>28894814

If you become a very experienced meditator, you can substitute meditation for sleep at a 1:1 ratio, though this only works for 2-3 hours at most and you'll still need some real sleep.

Aside from that, you're fucked homie. Your body requires sleep and anything you do to delay it chemically will only hurt you. If you're really only concerned about not wasting time, remember that getting regular, healthy sleep will almost certainly extend your lifespan many years while avoiding sleep via caffeine will almost certainly shorten your lifespan.
>>
>>28894814
You're fucking stupid.
>I hate sleeping
>I also blame society's problems on the jews
You sound like me when I was ages 12 - 16. Shut up & go to bed. When you hit 20 & become all sluggish without enough sleep, you'll see how dumb you were.
>>
>>28894850
I did it when I had all online courses in college for a semester. First few weeks I was dead tired but then I got in the swing of it, actually felt way more energetic and lost a ton of weight.
>>
Dreaming is awesome though.
You get to experience something you never had before.
>>
when will modern medicine find a cure for sleep? what a waste of time
>>
>>28895210
This, sleeping without dreaming is boring and feels like a waste but some dreams can be amazing. Or terrifying.
>>
>>28895210
I've been having some wack dreams lately. Even had one about a unicorn trying to get me drunk.
Dude.
>>
>>28895210
But my dreams are always dumb and don't make sense.

Nothing ever fucking happens in my dreams, it's boring and confusing.

Maybe i am fucked in some way, my dreams are always the same shit:
>i'm somewhere or sometimes i'm nowhere (some sort of not-phisical reality)
>i can't think in words, can't talk, and everyone that shows up in my dreams can't talk either
>there some sort of path i have to take but it is really weird and is never coherent
>i can't move; i'm just teleport to every place i need to go but never get where i have to get
>in some part of the dream i get stuck and start to repeat the same things again and again, i.e. i look to a lake, then i look to the lake again, then i start to make more details to the lake, then i create a tree, then i look to the lake, then the tree is gone, so i create the tree it again, look to the lake, and so on
>i wake up, and forget everything, but not exactly everything because i still remember more or less what happened

Fucking shit, browse r9k is more interesting than dreaming.
>>
Every night, I dream about almost getting to fuck girls, but I never get to because I wake up or they call the cops and say I raped them.
>>
>>28895529
this is just my theory but you might have to get a goal(dream) to have dreams in your sleep.
What do you want to accomplish anon? Anything existential?
>>
File: zozzle is classy.png (390 KB, 779x581) Image search: [Google]
zozzle is classy.png
390 KB, 779x581
>>28894930
This happens pre-20s too sadly.

>>28894814
The healthy alternative? That's not how this works. Sleep is absolutely necessary to the body. What you can actually do is figure out how much sleep your body actually needs, and then shave one hour off that using an alarm clock. You might feel a wee bit tired, but that is 7 hours extra time ever week to do whatever it is you're looking for. Everything has a cost, if you don't accept that become rich and use your money to become self-sufficient with a farm or something.
>>
>>28894814
you can try polyphasic sleep over monophasic sleep

basically instead of sleeping only at night, you take short naps throughout the day that you can tweak to fit what you're looking for. I've read around that you can survive on as little as 4 20 minute naps a day, but it kills your immune system and wreaks havoc on your psyche

There really isn't a healthy alternative to sleep

essentially just go
>>
>>28895529
>i...can't talk
>repeat the same thing again and again
It sounds like you're trying to figure something out, but you're having a hard time. You can't really talk about it, and nobody else talks about anything similar either.

Do you read about old/different cultures? Maybe start trying to do that, just about anything that interests you. I think you're yearning to learn.
>>
>>28895611
>what do you want to accomplish?
i don't know, i spend every time i have awake thinking about it and i never make a decision

>Anything existential?
Now that i think, it's not only in my dreams that i'm confused, i'm a confused person.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.