[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 1463536000599.jpg (78 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1463536000599.jpg
78 KB, 657x527
Who /schizophrenia and insomnia/ here?

This morning I Hallucinated my dad coming into my room and dancing to funk music.
>>
File: helo2.jpg (64 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
helo2.jpg
64 KB, 657x527
helo

major depression, anxiety, and yes insomnia here. used to have traits of borderline when younger but doing better there. meds fuck me up worse or i get addicted to them like i did valium for my anxiety.

gotta go tanks bye
>>
>>28893049
You should try sarcosine. It makes me less crazy.
>>
>>28893049
my hallucinations are minor things like seeing things move, seeing creepy faces(mostly in the dark),seeing people for a brief moment
>>
Well if you are crazy its not your fault. The world, the ppl, BAKA.

If you can be sane in it then something is REALLY wrong with you.

I guess a lot of ppl just give up and become sociopaths. I guess its the easiest choice.
>>
File: 1455489569734.gif (556 KB, 475x363) Image search: [Google]
1455489569734.gif
556 KB, 475x363
>>28893570
Bipolar type 1 disorder, OCD, sexual sadism and necrophilia reporting in

Currently in the middle of exposure therapy which is hard as fuck but I'm making progress every day. Pretty fucking proud of how hard I'm trying. Anyone else with experience with exposure therapy out there? Anyone with any questions about medications or any mental disorders I've listed?

>>28893570
You don't become a sociopath just like that. There are numerous environmental factors that come into play during the course of a person's development that lead them to that path, it isn't usually a conscious decision made by adults.
>>
>>28893675
Meant to quote the OP >>28893049
for the first quote
>>
>>28893675
Thats what I said, the word= environmental factors.
And yes there is a point where someone goes fuck this. Be it a child or adult. They give up. There's a turning point.
>>
>>28893675
World*

And my point is these so calked normal ppl are sociopaths, they hide it sure. They arent dramatic or attention seeking like SOME of you....yes I mean you.
>>
File: 1464225516096.jpg (180 KB, 573x729) Image search: [Google]
1464225516096.jpg
180 KB, 573x729
Being treated for schizophrenia/bipolar (why these 2 things are grouped together, idk), and very rarely, i hear "Anon!" out of my window as though someone needs me to let them inside. I have major issues of being disturbed to insanity by my immediate surroundings.
>>
And old man photographed me when I went to subway today it's happening again
>>
>>28893960
manic episodes of bipolar disorder are commonly psychotic so if you are frequently manic it would make sense to treat the two psychoses as one
>>
>>28894061
Oh. I just can become manic and sometimes choose to because I travelled with an acting troupe that inspires me to this day. I also cast bloodlust.
>>
>>28894300
>tfw even mental health threads aren't safe from rampant, unashamed shitposting with no regard for the quality of the thread
oh well
>>
>>28894300
You mean you always choose too. You dont just sometimes choose it. Thats mocking people who have a real problem. People have real problems out there and we dont need people like you pretending to be disturbed and dark for attention.
>>
>>28894373
Does this look like a mental health board? Yea the ppl are mental but dont expect your fake "disease" to be coddled here.

I know I shouldn't even say this it might make you sad.
>>
>>28894300
How do you choose to become manic? do you mean you induce it through drugs or something?

After my first time being manic and being psychotic, I would never try to become manic again, even if I feel the "good" sensations of it coming on I still feel incredibly anxious and disturbed over it.
>>
>>28894407
That's my point. I was genuinely disturbed and seeked help for it and was 'nosed.
>>
>>28893049
Schizotypal Personality Disorder (though, that isn't settled, I was referred to another psychiatrist because the one I was seeing didn't feel comfortable making a specific diagnosis because he thought it might also be paranoid personality disorder), and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ("pure O').

So far, I have just been talking to a psychologist at the clinic while I wait for the psychiatrist covered by my insurance to get back from vacation so I can hopefully get some medication.
>>
>>28894520
Well even if you pretend to be manic, isnt that a condition too? So you are all good.
>>
>>28894476
This looks like any other board on 4chan where mental health issues could be discussed at length, free of shitposting, should the users of that board choose to do so. There is no rule written anywhere stating that certain issues should be discouraged from being discussed, save guro, furry and MLP. I don't think mental health issues fall under any of those banners. There's nothing written about anyone being coddled, but there's nothing about anyone being actively deterred from talking about certain subjects, either.
>>
>>28894565
If he thought something was truely wrong with you he would have diagnosd and gave you something then. So whatever you you think you have isnt that bad.
>>
>>28894480
Well, it is easy to become emotional when cued. For example, I have an autistic brother, and when I am accused of also having "something wrong", I envision that the person has insulted my bloodline. It's easy to become emotional this way.
>>
>>28894643
No one said you couldn't post it but you EXPECTED no shitposting and then got surprised and upset when there was, why? This is 4chan
That is in its spirit.
>>
>>28894651
He was just at the Uni clinic and the year was ending, so he doesn't actually have the ability to do that. For a little bit, he thought it might be paranoid schizophrenia, but after review, he decided that was unlikely.

Here are some of the symptoms I have:

>intense fear that there is a presence in my house when I am alone (to the point that when left alone, I will often carry an improvised weapon, and I plan to get a sword for this purpose)
>very susceptible to religious conspiracy theories (e.g. I decided after about thirty minutes of reading about the Fatima Apparition and another Marian Apparition that occurred earlier and quickly decided, of my own accord, that the earlier apparition was warning the world about the Fatima Apparition, which was a demon disguised as the Virgin Mary).
>Thought that a number (117) was stalking me (its intentions were and remain unknown).
>asociality

Those were the symptoms that made him think about the personality disorder and possible schizophrenia. The OCD was much more clear-cut.
>>
>>28894714
It's still tasteless.
>>
>>28894750
A lot of ppl feel that way. Ghost are a common fear.

A lot of people believe in religious conspiracies, religion as a whole could be considered one. Millions of ppl belive, that's normal too.

You could have just noticed the number more and the more you thought about it the more you noticed it.

All those things natural. Illness doesn't come to mind. Thinking you might be crazy is a sign of sanity.
>>
>>28894750
what exactly is a sword going to do against a ghost?
if you think you're crazy you probably should not start stocking up on weaponry
>>
>>28894865
Not like a ghost. More like a monster, and I know it doesn't exist, but I can't shake the fear that if I don't remain vigilant at all times, I will be eviscerated by it. I'm not exaggerating when I say I carry a weapon on my person. I have also come up with ways of improvised barring of the doors of all the rooms in the house as well to deal with such a threat.

That's not normal, that is basically clinical paranoia.
>>
>>28893049
I had my first and only true open eyed hallucination a few months ago

My mom had this spot where she used to store old medicine bottles to sell to collectors. She moved them, and one morning I woke up and saw three holofoil bottles dancing in that same location. They obviously weren't real, but it blew my mind because nothing like that has ever happened to me before while sober. It went on for a few minutes then it just stopped. Weird stuff.
>>
>>28894911
yeah that sucks, my paranoia always kind of abated when I was at home but I legitimately thought my friends were going to try and kill me for no reason. It's fucked up
>>
>>28894897
See my post here: >>28894911
Something more like those innawoods spooks you see on /k/ (I started having this specific fear after I started reading those stories, whereas before it was just a general fear that something was there that I would alleviate by never being out of sight of my dogs from as young as I can remember).
>>
>>28894986
The moments of clarity sometimes afterwards kind of bring everything into perspective. For example, last weekend, my parents were at our lakehouse, and I was supposed to go as well, and I was alone at the house (not even my pupper to keep me company!).

At some point, I was walking around the house, packing my bags tactically with a small wooden flagpole as an improvised weapon, even backing slowly out of the house with it pointed into the doorway as I made my way into the driveway (I reason that, if I am outside during the day, it can't attack me because there are people who would see it).

I'm actually really afraid of telling the psychiatrist how specific it is, because I am afraid they will throw me into a psychiatric hospital.
>>
does anyone else feel like when they don't jerk off for a few days you start seeing stuff more?
>>
>>28893049
nyoob

/schiz for years, diagnosed as paranoid with disorganized and catatonic symptoms at a pretty young age.

i think the weirdest general hallucination ive ever had was that the severed head of joseph stalin morphed out a wall i was looking at and started speaking in perfect english.
>>
>>28895082
well you can ride it out and it will likely eventually subside or you can talk about it and get medication that will probably make it subside earlier. It depends how much of a danger it is perceived to be for you and others, but I don't think every paranoid person gets placed into the hospital. I do not know however.

Schizophrenics are renown for being reluctant to accept treatment, which is probably caused by non-paranoid fear. A lot of people die of heart attacks because they're afraid of getting told they're having a heart attack. If it were me, I'd probably agree with you that you shouldn't tell him, but since it isn't I would say "if you don't tell them about it they can't help you with it"

I mean it might not be that big of a deal, but if I were getting haunted by dread that on some level I know is just chemicals in my head, it would make sense to me to use chemicals to mitigate it. But that is easier said than done on the outside looking in.
>>
>>28893960
Nah you aren't mate, schizophrenia and bipolar together is called schizoaffective disorder, and if the psychosis is exclusively in a mood episode, it's just bipolar type one.
>>
I have been diagnosed with clinical depression before. Now that I'm 18 and moved out of my moms how should I go about getting diagnosed with other mental illnesses? I think I deal with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder
>>
>>28896982
create a list of symptoms/descriptions of what/why you think is wrong with you and go to your general practitioner who will then refer you to a psychiatrist for interviewing/evaluation
I think that's usually how it goes if not prompted by some sort of breakdown
>>
>>28896982
>Now that I'm 18 and moved out of my moms how should I go about getting diagnosed with other mental illnesses?

You see your psychiatrist and let him decide what you have, mental illnesses aren't fucking pokemon you have to collect, you should be seeing someone to get treatment for any issues you've got going on.

Seriously, don't go in with the idea that you want to be diagnosed with those disorders, because that's a waste of everyone's time, and is barely a step above self diagnosis. If you're having serious issues that you can't handle yourself, go in and get help for those, because it sounds to me like you want to be told you're worse than you are.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.