[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do good and evil exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 1459808938809.jpg (83 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459808938809.jpg
83 KB, 640x640
Do good and evil exist?
>>
Yes

until we find a creature that enjoys all forms of pain anyway.
>>
As long as people like things and dont like things, good and evil exist.
>>
as in being metaphysical human constructs, yes
tangible? no
>>
Who is this well-proportioned watermelon-wielding woman?
>>
>>28892091
>He doesn't know his tit cows
baka desu senpai that's some pretty fucked up shit right there.
>>
>>28891857
There doesn't seem to be an objective standard of morality. They exist as concepts, neither being necessarily right or wrong depending on your values. Though regardless of personal beliefs, good and evil would be dualistic, two sides of the same coin. If you like things which are good, then you should accept evil things as being necessary for perceiving good things as good.
>>
>>28891857
Not objectively, but there are things detrimental to human survival and common human values and these things might as well be called "evil".
>>
>>28892091
samanta lily
>>
I don't know, but those titties sure do.
>>
File: 1461343834419.jpg (48 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
1461343834419.jpg
48 KB, 600x592
>>28891857

They are mere spooks
>>
File: image.gif (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
6 KB, 240x240
>>28891857
Good and evil exists and one cannot exist without the other. There will always be good as long as evil is around as well. The yin and yang ideology talks a lot about this saying there is wholeness with both pieces of light and dark, good and evil but when they split apart it causes a disruption and imbalance. There is no grey area as it moves back and forth between evil and good but there is a bit of evil in good and a bit of good in evil.
>>
>>28892184
Go back to >>>/leftypol/ you cuck faggot
>>
>>28892177
No it's Leanne Crow without makeup.
>>
File: doug.png (131 KB, 316x360) Image search: [Google]
doug.png
131 KB, 316x360
>>28891857
No

Different cultures across the world, even those within a single country, have vastly different systems of morality. Thinking there's an objective Good and Evil is ridiculous and can only be ethnocentric (I use this term as a social scientist, not as an SJW)

There is only what benefits the in-group and what benefits the out-group at the expense of the in-group
>>
>>28891857
No.

There is only doing pointless things in the hopes that it benefits you or your ideas. None of this is good or evil.

Hitler thought the Jews were evil.
Da Joos that Hitler was evil.

Neither were correct.
>>
>>28892478
There are too many sides to see to reach a verdict of completely good or evil. Stalin killed many people and forced many into labor camps, sure that seems malevolent. But he did it for his country, something he loved. He did it to support communism, a system he believed was great and should envelop the world.
>>
>>28891857
Does anything exist?
>>
File: atom.gif (36 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
atom.gif
36 KB, 250x250
>>28892628
now see this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard
>>
>>28891857
no only law and chaos exist. SMT IV taught me that.

deep game
>>
>>28892666
can you elaborate on how those two things are the only thing in existence?
>>
>>28892684
sorry, i wrote that wrong.
>>
File: fatrhonda2.jpg (17 KB, 182x257) Image search: [Google]
fatrhonda2.jpg
17 KB, 182x257
>>28891857

here's the face of pure evil. my ex-girlfriend from a long time ago. Glad she's fat now.
>>
>>28892722
story?

>muh originality
>>
>>28892412
MAYBE ALL OR MOST THE CULTURES ARE WRONG AND STUPID.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE "ETHNOCENTRIC" IN RECOGNIZING TORTURE OF THE UNDESERVING (INNOCENT BABIES OR PURE QTS) IS WRONG BECAUSE IT IS AS A MATTER OF FACT THAT YOUR CULTURE HAPPENS TO UNDERSTAND.

THERE IS NO BENEFIT OR LOSS TO AN IN-GROUP WHEN PEOPLE KNOW THAT IS WRONG OR IN THE MERE FACT OF ITS BEING WRONG.

MORONS LIKE YOU BROUGHT UP BELIEVING THERE ARE SUCH THINGS AS "CULTURES" AND THAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE STUPID ASS BELIEFS OF PRIMITIVE SERIOUSLY ARE DEGRADING THE ACADEMY AND THE WEST GENERALLY.
>>
>>28892756
Hello, /pol/, we were wondering when you'd show up. You don't have a very good understanding of what "the academy" or "the west" actually are, do you?

>there are no such things as "cultures"

Yeah, its not like different, isolated groups of evolving homonids would develop different material and spiritual ways of coping with their diverse natural environments. That would be silly
>>
>>28893341
how is that post even remotely related to pol?

Yeah, its not like different, isolated groups of evolving homonids would develop different material and spiritual ways of coping with their diverse natural environments. That would be silly

i'm not suggesting they didn't do this. it's just abundantly clear that the square of two is four and you shouldn't torture good, innocent people like decent children for fun.
>>
>>28892722

She's already told us all about you.

>you might want to just leave the site now.
>>
>>28891857
As concepts of human creation? Yes
As some kind of form? NO
>>
>>28893596
So you admit there are such things as "cultures".

Anyways, let's take an example from "the West":

One German wants to let in some poor, dirty nigger refugees, another does not. Both see the other as evil. The main difference is that the second identifies his in-group racially (whites) while the second identifies his in-group politically (leftists)
>>
>>28891857
yes
it's not subjective. good and evil are not the same thing, the ugly and the beautiful are not the same thing. this is natural law.
>>
nope

concepts of good and evil are whatever you think they are, there is no universal good nor universal evil, everybody is the hero in their own story yadda yadda
>>
>>28893841

i don't think [culture] is a determinate concept, but i know how to use the word

that difference is neither necessary nor sufficient for their regarding one another as evil on account of their respective views on refugees, and indeed it germane. i mean you could well have these two people regarding each other as evil without their difference regarding refugees and you could have their difference regarding refugees without their regarding each other as evil (this is common in Germany). So it doesn't seem like the "main" difference"

What is your point? Some Germans have motivations from their sense of social identity to support certain moral or political positions? Wow, everyone is surprised to learn this.

Who the fuck cares what the Germans think? There's presumably some fact of the matter about whether they should let in refugees and how many and which ones. Maybe no-one will ever know it. Or maybe morality is indeterminate on such points, but determinate on issues like betraying the trust of your loved ones for fun or torturing your innocent kid sister for pleasure.

You're confusing moral thought with moral fact. Sure thought is heavily socially conditioned. A Roman girl thinks it's OK to abandon her baby to death by exposure under some bridge somewhere because she's seen that done all her life etc. But it just so happens that isn't OK (say, for some babies and some girl mothers). The fact isn't socially conditioned. It holds equally when contemporaneous Australian aboriginals kill their babies by exposure---sometimes that's wrong, no matter what they think about it. It makes no difference that they have been on that little bit of land for thousands of years and have particular ways of painting their nipples or starting fires or holding trials, etc.
>>
>>28891857
>does evil exist

Women exist, therefore yes.
>>
>>28891982
I'm willing to subject myself to the study of pain-pleasure
>>
>>28894788
What do you think studies of pain-pleasure would entail?
>>
No, there are no moral phenomenon, only moral interpretations of phenomenon. The world is an inherently amoral place.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.