[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies like degenerate art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 1464038085823.jpg (1 MB, 1952x2760) Image search: [Google]
1464038085823.jpg
1 MB, 1952x2760
Why do normies like degenerate art?
>>
>>28891809
because hitler was an art conservative and conservatives are cucks
>>
>>28891809
Well no wonder Hitler went apeshit and started his own beta uprising, all those fucking normie hacks graduating and you didn't would make me crack as well.
>>
>>28891809
You think that those other graduates can't paint like Hitler? You find your own style only after mastering the basics.
>>
>>28891809
egon schiele is based fuk u
>>
>>28891909
This. Hitler was a good painter technically speaking, but his style was a little bland and plain. Not really that interesting imo.
>>
>It's different so it's bad
and that's what your whole beliefs are based on in anything
why not just kill yourself?
>>
I wouldn't call those other artists normies. In fact hitlers art taste was pretty literal and normie.
>>
>>28891909
>>28892359

This.Hitler painted postcard shots for tourists, not want he found moving or creative. He was the equivalent of white girls who take black and white photos of beach chairs.
>>
>>28892608
he still had talent, he just needed more time
>>
>>28891809
that guy at the bottom, literally Andy Warhol. Why do people like Warhol so much? His "art" literally looks like a horny middle schoolers doodles. All just crudely drawn fat naked people
>>
>>28892697
warhol is a hack
>>
>>28891809
>normies like degenerate art

Because normies are degenerates, you fucking newfag

As my teacher said
>Art is meant to make people feel/think

something like that, it's been 10 years, we where talking about pinokio on a museum
>>
>>28891809
Hitler had no originality, boring as fuck.
>>
>>28892359
He also has shit perspective, and wasn't necessarily good at drawing human faces either.
>>
>>28891809
Art is art. So called degeneracy is sometimes necessary.
>>
>>28892359
>>28891909
kek you guys forgot that people on 4chan think that because someone can paint realistically he's an artist. that's what photographs are for ffs.
like that image going around of japanese medieval paintings being compared to realism
>>
>>28892962
lets say he paints some ayys and eldritch dragon is a realistic way, wouldn't that be much better than the random lines the other cunts made?
>>
>>28892718
This. Everything is beautiful my ass.
>>
>>28892962
>like that image going around of japanese medieval paintings being compared to realism

does anyone have those?
>>
File: japan-629x1024.jpg (439 KB, 600x977) Image search: [Google]
japan-629x1024.jpg
439 KB, 600x977
>>28893119
4chan users are ignorant of humanities and cultural relativism. What as shocker.
>>
>>28891809
hitler's art was beautiful but boring

it's something you'd find hanging in your mom's living room.
>>
>>28892962
Why does painting realistically make them not an artist?
>>
>>28893427
this guy summarized it well >>28893420
there's millions of people that can do that, it's not amazing in the slightest, is basically copy paste for the most part. You can find people selling paintings like these in the streets.
I'm not diminishing it tho, of course it requires some talent and skill, but art is more than visual accuracy
>>
>>28893646
So? Something has to be "amazing" to be art? Very little is genuinely amazing, that is such an absurd definition.

I'm not saying the other forms of art aren't art, I just don't see why realism is any less art than something else.
>>
>>28891865
>all those fucking normie hacks
I wonder if they are all jewish too
>>
>>28893680
It doesn't have to be amazing to be art.
But you're not getting into art-school when you're reasonably competent but boring like Hitler was, in Hitler's circumstances.

Personally I want to believe WW2 was just Hitler going postmodern and taking art to the next level.
>>
>>28893714
>But you're not getting into art-school when you're reasonably competent but boring like Hitler was, in Hitler's circumstances

You know, it is pretty easy to see why people look down on art when its community is that openly elitist.
>>
>>28891809
"Why is that special? My daughter could do that" is the normie reaction to any unconventional art
>>
>>28892985
Not at all
Art during that time was focusing towards modernism which was pretty much deconstructing the older methods of painting
Instead of trying to recreate a scene photographically, it became more about expressing emotion and it usually pushed boundaries to do so
Personally it's more interesting because each little thing in the art works has it's own meaning which is something a lot of realistic works lacked
>>
>>28893771
You don't think it's fair to reject someone whose work is bland and uninspired?
>>
>>28893646
There are millions of people who can make the bottom 3 examples too.
>>
>>28893798
The natural world isn't inspiration?

I think it is unfair to reject someone because you don't like the kind of art they feel drawn to.
>>
>>28893822
yes, if you take them and copy them. but those millions of people didnt came up with them did they? no they are original. hitler just looked at a landscape and painted it, an actual retard with a steady hand can do it
>>
>>28893834
If you aren't doing something transormative to the subject, no
Being able to perfectly replicate what you see hasn't
>>
>>28893834
The other thing is that Hitler could have applied to a bunch of different art schools, but it seems like he was set on one, the one that rejected him. All I was saying is that this particular art school found his work bland and uninspired, and I can understand where they are coming from with that sentiment.
>>
>>28893888
*been the standard of artistic skill in a long time
>>
>>28891809
Out of everything I've seen, it's this image macro that proved that the Holocaust was justified.
>>
>>28893680
not saying hitler's art literally isn't art, just that it's pretty freaking mundane

any schlomo can paint a woman's back or a castle or whatever. it takes a special someone to make it interesting.

the only reason hitler's art is being discussed in the first place is >muh world war 2 and >muh holocaust. i'm sure there were scores of people who were rejected from whatever art school Hitler was rejected from, who were just as talented as Hitler, but who also then faded into obscurity.
>>
Hitler wasn't that good.
Anyone got the picture that demonstrates he was shit at perspective?
>>
>>28891809
They don't. The kinds or art you're railing against are only taken seriously and academically by the art world. Take Duchamp's Fountain for instance. This is an incredibly poignant piece that really only works if you view it in the context of the art world around it. The majority of non-artists think it's stupid and simple.

Most likely Adolf's work did not move beyond "pretty pictures" which at the time held no weight in an art culture which was rapidly expanding on new ways of looking at things and classifying itself. It would have been that era's version of Kinkade.
>>
>>28893925
The thing you, and many other people in this thread don't understand is that the art school Hitler applied to had a reputation for being very cutting edge and modernist. The school probably rejected him because his style was seen as boring and plain looking--realistic but with no real meaning behind it. Don't get me wrong it is fine to paint like that, but it didn't fit with the standards of that school--I can see how they might reject him. Hitler could have gone and applied to other schools, but he didn't, deciding to simply to stew in bitterness.
>>
before you can be an artist, you must be a draftsmen.
that being said, as a pharmacy doc student, i don't want to spend decades of my short life fiddle fucking with a skill that is subjectively measured.
A stressful career where i am not guaranteed work and stable pay? Ok, you "chosen" ones have your go; I ain't spending my time doing that.
I guess it's because art's not my passion. Pharmacy is!
>>
>>28893955
That picture's been debunked. The building is actually on a slope and not flat ground, so he painted it accurately.
>>
>>28894106
What picture? can you post it?
>>
>>28894205
Don't have it. Somebody critiqued a Hitler painting of a building he did, supposedly showing how he is shit at drawing perspective. There is a video on youtube about the building, showing how it's built on a slope and leans oddly or something and his painting reflects that.
>>
>>28894236
Ah, ok. I'll look on youtube.
>>
File: 1447787530897.jpg (73 KB, 700x662) Image search: [Google]
1447787530897.jpg
73 KB, 700x662
>>28893788

Modernism is the worst thing ot happen to art. Classicism told a story. Romanticism made the stories evocative and as much as I love the period and style it is what brought about the shift from art to 3deep5u literally shitting on a canvas or even doing "performance art" where the product is not the piece, but the process. It's fucking stupid and undermines everything culture and humanity stands for. If they want to critique or deconstruct shit fine, that's what the media of written word is for.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.