[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here fell for the STEM meme? How's that full market?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: same.jpg (81 KB, 476x588) Image search: [Google]
same.jpg
81 KB, 476x588
Who here fell for the STEM meme? How's that full market?
>>
File: sad 1.jpg (170 KB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
sad 1.jpg
170 KB, 940x940
>>28890326
>tfw in the STEM field without a STEM degree

I wish law school wasn't so fucking expensive.
>>
>>28890326

that market is still pretty full, thanks for asking

making good moneys, happy with my soon to be wife who is also making good moneys
>>
>>28890351
Working as a janitor at an engineering firm doesn't make you "in the STEM field," you fucking idiot.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
>>28890975
>all that autism

Well I can see that you probably are a STEMlord. I don't work as a janitor. I'm a developer. I fucking hate it though.
>>
>>28890351
>daydream about being lawyer
>realize i am poor af
>realize my reasoning skills and public speaking skills are poor af-er
>>
>>28890326
What people don't realize is, just as automation devastated the blue collar job market, expert systems are poised to devastate the professional, white collar job market. The writing is on the wall: we're going to have a Guaranteed Annual Income within the next generation out of sheer necessity. And when that happens, the only people who will be able to find a job to earn extra cash are the handful of people at the very tip-top of their field -- and entertainers.

If you look at modern trends, the entertainment field is already experiencing rapid growth. When a GAI suddenly produced hundreds of millions of people needing to fill their time, the entertainment field is going to EXPLODE.

If you're smart, you'll learn to play an instrument, paint a canvas, or write a story and get in on the ground floor. Those who are already established will have a massive advantage when the market opens up and there's a flood of talentless hacks all competing for the same work.
>>
>>28891236
>expert systems are poised to devastate the professional, white collar job market.
Don't forget oursourcing. The 1 percent jews will do anything to save a nickel
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.