[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
25+ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
File: 25+.png (148 KB, 551x641) Image search: [Google]
25+.png
148 KB, 551x641
Get the FUCK in here grandpas. How's everyone holding up?

>tfw too scared to quit my degrading retail job
>tfw teenager coworkers probably see me as the old guy
>>
File: 1463893203885.png (179 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1463893203885.png
179 KB, 444x444
Yea. I think I am just going to stop going and fill out paperwork at a temp agency.
>>
35 hikki NEET here.

Same old, same old. Kind of gave up the hope of finding a job at this point.
>>
File: 1406588757472.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1406588757472.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
33 here I stopped give a fuck.
>>
>tfw people call me "mami" on the local market and im only 27
>ayy caramba
>>
File: 1392431859837.gif (290 KB, 396x290) Image search: [Google]
1392431859837.gif
290 KB, 396x290

>Just moved with family half a year ago to a new state.
>Had to quit my simple retail job if I wanted to come
>7 months later
>No job (haven't been looking very hard)
>Getting pressured to enter Community College/transfer to a university
>Been getting too used to being NEET
>Will power has all but diminished completely

How do I stop myself from staying down this destructive path? It's like all of my self control has left me.
>>
>>28890427
I'm asian, laddie.
>>
>>28890111
Nice trips

I graduated from being a robot years ago. I first came here in 2010 and was a fully fledged robot back then. Then in late 2011 I joined the army reserves (UK) and started coming out of my shell a bit more.

Now I'm in the regular (as in, full time employed) army as an officer and life couldn't be better. Of course there are a few cunts here but there are enough other people for me to avoid them when I don't want to be around them.

We're all gonna make it bros. I went from being a lazy unfit fucking loser KHV robot (only lost my virginity at 24, well after I left uni) to being a freaking commando trained officer in one of the most elite units of the British Army.
>>
>>28890111

Doing okay. I feel like my life's getting on track. Too late, probably, but on track.
>>
>>28890518
Oh yeah, and I'm 25 at the moment
>>
>>28890278
me also 33. it's fun on the other side when things don't matter anymore. like grammar, me hate grammar.
>>
I'm only 25 and I've completely given up on life.
>>
25. Have to move out of the house for the first time ever in August. Will probably end up being shit but I'll manage somehow.
>>
>>28890111

>Wake up early today
>Maybe it'll be a fun Saturday
>lay down in bed a few hours later, around noon
>get back up 12:30
>Dick around on 4chan
>wander about, wonder why the hell it's only 1 PM, seems like it's been 1 for an hour
>what am I waiting for?
>back in bed around 2
>think to myself - "When will this end? Never." And I lost it.
>start crying
>hyperventilate
>ok, I'm good, back together
>get up
>still crying
>pacing around
>doesn't stop
>back in bed
>finally back together
>Taco Bell, little cruise with some music, ok this is fine

Maybe tomorrow will be better? not a fucking chance

Today wasn't all shit. A few beers might help, idk what else it'd take.
>>
29, got a good job and a decent savings and that's about it. I ask myself every day: literally what the fuck am I doing.
>>
>>28890111
>15+ years as motorbike postman
>Jew boss won't hire more staff because "mail's dying"
>last few years have working sunrise to sunset

On one hand, I'm earning bulk overtime.
On the other, long hours on the bike is fucking my knees and back, and no free time during the week.

One more year to go for my mortgage though (cause of all that overtime pay), so hopefully semi-retired in a year or so
>>
>25
>graduated good college
>$140k salary, $50k bonus
>living with gf
>hate my life

it never gets better
>>
>>28890741
>I ask myself every day: literally what the fuck am I doing.

iktf
>>
>>28890803
You mean even the gf meme doesn't help? Fuck.

Well I'm hopeless.
>>
File: 1462050953714.jpg (240 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462050953714.jpg
240 KB, 640x640
>>28890909
>being more interested in the gf part than the fact he makes 140 fucking thousand with a 50k bonus
>at 25
>>
>>28890803
I use to deliver mail in a posh, riverside area, and a lot of people there seemed miserable. Long hours in that professional job, never home in that nice house... And the amount of divorces (I can tell, when only one half of the household gets a redirection). Plus they always overextended on that mortgage, so many nice riverside houses with a crappy camry in the driveway
>>
>tfw diagnosed bipolar
>tfw life will always be suicidal thoughts or feeling high as a kite
I'm 26 now kill me my life will never get better
>>
File: 1461471536060.png (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461471536060.png
1 MB, 1080x1080
>>28890967
I don't give a fuck about the money. I make $60k and it's more than enough around here.

$60k didn't make me much happier than my $10k/year I was living off in college. It's nice to not starve and have enough for road trips here and there, maybe a vacation or 2, a newer car, etc. But a bigger house/apartment, so what. A *nicer* car, whatever. Both are just a status symbol at some point.

I really don't know what it'd take but money definitely isn't the answer. Living in a nicer city, sure (or maybe not?). I'd like something like San Diego. Maybe Charlotte, NC.

I *thought* a gf, maybe a couple kids would make me happy. But thinking about it more, no. I'd have to actually care for other people, I don't even care for myself. What would it take, I don't know.
>>
>>28891118
>Nice city
>Maybe Charlotte, NC.
Why would you want to live in this shithole?
>>
I'm 30. I'm not suicidal but I want to die.
>>
>>28891118
Why not do something constructive with your money anon, instead of using it for status symbols? You're privileged enough to have money, do something worthwhile with it.
>>
>>28891145
Oh fuck. Is anything good?

Where is a nice place to live then? I guess I'm stuck looking at southern California, and maybe Houston (or is Houston also shit)? Already wrote off Florida, Washington, Oregon, Colorado (lolweedbro fags), midwest is shit but maybe Chicago would be ok for a year or 2.

>>28891193
Do you have any ideas in mind? I already help out family and give a little to charity.. but I still need to pay off student loans so it's not like I have hoards of cash sitting around.
>>
I'm 29 and I've worked all kinds of jobs. I have a degree, and I lived in Portugal for a year teaching English to kids (it was nice) but eventually I got bored. Now I'm doing my MA and i'm having to live at home while I do it, I'm pretty much broke but I have a nice boyfriend. Life is OK. I hope after I graduate I can get a better job, or do a PhD. These are precarious times we're living in.
>>
>>28891225
You could help a bipolar robot afford meds and therapy.
>>
>>28891248
Start a gofundme? (inb4normieREEEE) That shit's expensive and I'm not that rich.
>>
>>28891225
What I see with people who are well off is that it loses all meaning. As you get richer, the people around you tend to belong to the same demographic. You get caught up in the perpetuated group mentality that you need this or that. It sounds like although you have all the things you're supposed to have, you're not happy. So maybe you need to find out what actually makes you happy. If I was you, I would take photography classes, art classes, creative writing classes, dance classes all kinds of things. But I'm poor, so there we are!
>>
>>28891225
>Do you have any ideas in mind?
Not him, I'll sound extremely selfish but you should keep your money to yourself and use it on things YOU want, nothing else.
I don't like the idea of people telling other to share their money when everyone in this damn planet usually don't give a shit to his own neighbor. Sounds extremely hypocritical.

Besides even if you give money to "help" it won't change a thing. Your charity money is going somewhere you don't know, and they # 2768 guy you will help will not remember you in the next year. Even worse, the guy you help can turn out to be an absolute asshole.
>>
>28 Years old
>Live in Prince Georges County (DC Area)
>IT field. Get paid 42,000 a year.
>Trained in Linux System Admin, stuck with a job with Windows laptop imaging.
>I can't move out because my mom is unemployed since age 50.
>I give half of my paycheck for rent. I live paycheck to paycheck.
>I have not paid a dime on my student loans or have any savings.
>Tried to earn extra income: Either every market is flooded or no one wants to buy.
>I tried streaming games over Twitch and put myself out there on twitter and facebook. I get ignored, have a few likes and follows here and there, but no one views it because that sector is flooded.
>She has "tried" but either no one want to hire her or she gotten comfortable relying on me to pay her rent and water and electric.
>I will never be able to move out until I get a job out of state or she turns 62 to collect social social security (I'll be 39 at that time).
>Getting a job out of state is near fucking impossible.
>I want to move out so that she'll finally get a minimum wage job.
>>
>>28891336
That's a good idea but I feel like it would up like everything in my life:a colossal failure. You have to advertise that stuff and I don't know where to begin.
>>
File: happy.jpg (91 KB, 502x382) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
91 KB, 502x382
Im 26 and still going S-STRONG.
>>
>>28890454
quit 4chan completely desu
>>
>>28891339

I live in an uncivilized town that's an hour away from any sort of place that has classes of that nature. I think what it'll really take is a job I like that still pays enough to cover my student loans. Still thinking on that one, looking for jobs, etc.

Good idea still. I paint on occasion, I probably should paint more.

>>28891385
Facebook friends, maybe have a parent/sibling start one and share it. Just say you lost your job and aren't covered on insurance. Reddit has boards where you can ask for charity as well. Other option being move to a state that did the Obamacare/Medicaid expansion, could wind up with really cheap (free?) healthcare. Wherever you are, it's worth taking time to talk to a social worker, they'll give you some free advice, maybe point you to a free clinic or other heavily discounted meds based on income.
>>
>>28890967
I wouldn't need that much money, if I could make 48k and only work half the year that would be perfect.
>>
>>28890111
Not bad at all. My job is great and pays more than enough to support myself, wife, and my first child. I've finished a large project outside of work so now I can relax and enjoy the long weekend and upcoming vacation.
>>
>>28891460
Im thinking about that.

In ER I can work 6 month contracts and I dont need to renew for 6 more. Just live free.
>>
>>28891458
In the UK you dont have to stat paying back your student loan until you are earning a certain amount. Thank god!
>>
26 kissless handholdless virgin. I'll be graduating with a BS in Electrical Engineering next semester. Median entry wage is 55-60k. $60k would be more than both my parents make at full-time. If I can get up to the 80-90k+, I'll be 30 or whatever, and women will be throwing themselves at me.

I'm going to be one of those guys that pumps and dumps women until I find young wife material. Women were fucking terrible to me in my life, and by god I'm going to let them get what they deserve.
>>
>>28891458
If your Facebook friends actually can help you, my friends either ignore me or are unable to. As for housing, Section 8 does not exist, so your only option is a homeless shelter with the actual bums and crazies.
>>
File: pepper.png (238 KB, 600x561) Image search: [Google]
pepper.png
238 KB, 600x561
>>28891600
>Section 8 does not exist
>minorities with children only
>six year waiting list

Yea, it does not exist.
>>
>>28891598
Me too.
Starting with a bitch of a mother.
>>
>25
>bachelor's in journalism(lol)
>unemployed since graduating 2013
>>
>>28891175
i'm 36 and same here not gonna top myself but i'm waiting for the sweet release fucking stopped giving a shit years ago m8s
>>
>>28891844
Unemployed as in "I cannot find a fucking job at all" or "I am not going to get a job not related to my field"?
>>
>>28891711
If it makes you feel any better. White Americans can't get section 8 unless they have children. So they have the same problem.
>>
Can someone tell me what's the point of living after 30, and if you're 30 and see the point, do you see any point in living after 40?

Because I really don't see anything unless you spent your entire life up until then getting rich or academically famous or something like that where you can enjoy 10 years of a good life before it all goes straight down the shitter.
>>
>>28891903
Well, then poor white people must be doing something right because I have been to several section 8 neighborhoods and its all brown people.
>>
File: 1433973761981.jpg (75 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1433973761981.jpg
75 KB, 601x601
>tfw 25
>tfw 17 year old gril I'm talking to won't put out
>>
>>28891993
Be Chadish and she will.

or u can beg.
>>
>>28891914
I'm the 35 NEET from the first posts.

I'll only talk for myself but even though the world is shit, there are some stupid shit I like to see and do like playing video games and watching anime, serious.
I'm also curious to see what can happen in the world in my lifetime. Will it be boring or will we face something exceptional? Who knows, it's worth the ride to me. Not having a job or a social life kind of sucks but that's all there is to it.
>>
>>28891890
Both. I got rejection emails from oil rigs, trash companies, and even not capable of being a janitor apparently.
>>
>>28892027
I've had her over and in my bed twice but she tells me to stop whenever I try anything and that she wants to take things slow.

Should I dump her?
>>
>>28890278
>>28890555

A lot of 33... me too.
Already reached the "fuck everyone else" phase.
It was surprisingly satisfying
>>
>>28892048
Lie about references, have a relative pretend to be your former (or current) boss. Leave off the "I have a degree" thing when applying to unskilled jobs.

It's almost surely "oh, you're too qualified" for why you're not getting unskilled work.

And "why don't you have a job yet" for why you're not getting skilled work.

>>28892077
She's 17, you're over 18. At least wait until she's 18, ffs. It's not like you'll find anyone else in the next year.
>>
File: 1445922180438.jpg (145 KB, 800x1011) Image search: [Google]
1445922180438.jpg
145 KB, 800x1011
21 here, does it really get this bad?
>>
>>28891225
San Diego sounds nice robot, low crime, sunny, it's alright.
>>
>>28891844
Can you not be a teacher? Anyone can be a fucking teacher
My sister has a degree in psychology but she teaches math
>>
>>28891922
They don't have to do something right. What they did was was they have children. Lots of children.
>>
>>28892077
no keep at it, tell her she brings out the beast in you.

srs though - keep at it, dont lose alphaness, she will give in.

u got nothing to lose.
>>
I'm 26 and watching the world burn.
>>
>23
>wagekek for fast food corp working night shift
>have to give my entire paycheck to my dad who's 65 in 2 months, retired, had heart surgery 6 months ago
>he gets social security but it doesn't even cover rent
>he got denied for disability even though he can't stand up for more than 5 minutes without getting dizzy
>barely scraping by
>can't even afford weed or liquor anymore
>bank acct. is overdrafted right now
>very little food in the house
>verizon is jewing me into another month of payment when I tried to cancel
>working as many hours as I can get already
>want to quit but can't because I won't get as many hours anywhere else
>losing the will to live
>don't know if I will make rent on time
>dad tells me he's suicidal
>>
>>28892102
I have lied about references and none of them have ever been contacted it seems. I'll keep trying though. I'll also take off my degree as well for the unskilled work.
>>28892158
I'm sure I could get a teaching certificate. I don't know if I'd be a good teacher though. I'd be spilling my spaghetti everywhere.
>>
>>28892180
Kinda losing interest in her to be honest. Never had to wait this long for some pussy
>>
>>28892216
Start as a substitute teacher, might be easier to get in.

For full-time teacher job, some states you need a degree in education to be a teacher, but others you'll be fine with a BA/BS.

>>28892295
So you're a normie?
>>
29 going on 30 in a few months.
Pluses: enjoyable part-time job, good health, nice place to live, cheap rent, finally found some good people to play music with
Minuses: No GF for several years, no prospects, few friends, very lonely and depressed sometimes, money is definitely an issue, leisure activities like vidya and tv are no longer satisfying
Been trying to plan for the future. I want to move out of this region of the US I'm in and possibly out of the country. I have nothing tying me down here and money is really the only issue. Just want to meet new people and find out if I can fit in to other cultures and societies. At the same time I'm terrified of leaving my comfort zone but I can't take much more of this drudgery.
>>
>>28892607
>So you're a normie?
Just because I can get girls doesn't mean that I'm not a robot
>>
>>28891914
The point is immortality and getting more power.
>>
26 NEET here. Fantasy is my refuge and my only true reality.
>>
File: 1395977146377.png (372 KB, 1005x576) Image search: [Google]
1395977146377.png
372 KB, 1005x576
>Graduating college soon
>Going to move up from retailcuckery to the wonderful world of wageslavery
>No more school, just work work work

So I just do this until I die right?
>>
>>28893487
Yep. In whatever little off time you have you can either try to marry and woman and have a kid, or just play video games and save for retirement. There's your life in a nutshell.
>>
>>28891110
Iktf got diagnosed bipolar just recently at 25 but I've been dealing with this shit for a long time it seems. Never knew what it was until I had a mental breakdown and lost my job, apartment and what little ounce of sanity I thought I had left.

When will the ride end?
>>

Jesus Christ I don't even believe it when I write it down. I wasted my youth, and it's absurd that I've been trying for the greater part of a DECADE now to get a girlfriend and I've failed so horrendously.

The last few girls I tried to hit on were all fucking single moms. I thought I had more fucking time before this bullshit started.

Even tried online dating but that just got me so depressed when every girl I looked at for hours on OKC answered extremely negatively to the male virgin questions. I know I could/should probably lie, but damn it hurts to be unwanted as you are. There's so many people out there happy, and I'm glad for them, but every time I see a couple I feel hollow and incomplete.
>>
Many many incidents
No matter what we do (many, many)
Money, money, all right
Everything'll be resolved (money!)
>>
32 neet here. Never worked in my life. I regret it deeply now. I have a shitty 2 year degree in comuter graphic design but that was a fucking decade ago. Basically worthless now. Neet life is only as great as the health of your parents. Both of mine are ill now. Mentally and physically and it's just a fucking living nightmare everyday now. I'm severely depressed and suicidal. Have no friends nor have I had a girlfriend ever. I can't escape from home now. Even if I could get a shitty job it will never be enough money to be independent and strike out on my own. I just wish I would die in my sleep. I just don't have the energy or motivation to start a life at my age. It's a conflicting feeling since I want to get away as well. I feel like it's already over. I don't know. I really might end up killing myself soon if this keeps up. I can't deal with it anymore. Only other option is to go to a psychiatrist and just medicate myself out of existence.
>>
>>28890111

>work shitty labor job
>cant afford insurance
>wisdom teeth causing problems
>caused a filling to pop out
>giant canyon in tooth
>cant afford to fix it

Just waiting to die, actually.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.