[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anybody here on r9k feel like they need help but if they get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: robo.jpg (25 KB, 692x692) Image search: [Google]
robo.jpg
25 KB, 692x692
anybody here on r9k feel like they need help but if they get a therapist theyll just get angry at them for being normies? if their were were wizard therapists i totally go. oh and if i wasnt poor.
>>
original vontent to bump my own thead wit
>>
People keep telling me to get help, but I know that they'll all be coming to me for help when the robots take over.
>>
>>28889949
A therapist is literally no more effective than a machine producing random messages like 'why do you think this is so' and 'try thinking at this from a different perspective' and 'you can't be certain that this is the case'.

A therapist is perfectly context-agnostic. They spout their crap no matter what they had heard of you -- actually, they don't listen to you in the first place.
>>
>try to find a therapist who's had personal experience with social anxiety disorder
>none apparently exist
>finally go to one who specializes in it and does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
>he's a 10/10 Chad with a wife and son who charges $2 a minute for his oh-so-holy time
>tell him all about how I have trouble going outside, can't talk to people despite very much wanting to, feeling very insecure and self-aware all the time, not being able to make phone calls, etc.
>"Well, Anon, have you tried joining a club at school?"
>"Have you tried breathing deeply?"
>"Take these Jew Pills for three months."
>"Maybe try joining a support group?"
Literally as useless as talking to some random, unqualified stranger on Omegle. Probebly even moreso.
>>
>>28890477
One of the few things that's genuinely helped my social anxiety was going to the psych ward. I didn't go there for anxiety, but in an institution like that interpersonal interactions are completely different, and it's much easier to talk to other people. Doesn't exactly translate over to real life, but at least it gives you some experience.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.