[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you suppress your sarcastic ways?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
I used to get along great with my few friends at high school no matter what was said.

But when I'm talking to normies it seems they don't even get the kindest bantz. I actually never mean to insult people but constantly get these weird 'fuck you too, asshole' looks just when I'm trying to be funny.

How do you stop the habit of turning everything you say into jokes that they won't get anyway?
>>
I know this is going to sound really hard for you but you are going to have to think before you speak. Best of luck
>>
Here's what I do: instead of looking at the negative stuff in what they say/do and poking fun at it, look for the positive and like hype it up or just mention it.
It makes you look better than an asshole who just shits on everything.
Be careful though, I fuck up a lot and act too overly positive to the point where I think people have kinda started to tune me out.

Real life social interactions suck ass, 4chan is much faster and better.
>>
>>28889888
man it suuucks so much because I'm used to perceive negative statements as twice as positive as a nice one. if that makes sense lol
>>
>>28889660
You can still be sarcastic, just do these things:

1. Try not to deliver sarcasm too dryly with normies. Say jokes with a light hearted sounding inflection.

2. Don't go too deep with irony around normies. Keep it around 1 or 2 levels deep.
>>
>>28890014
I get what you mean. It's easy to see the flaws but not so much the good stuff.
Just try to be positive, but also remember to be yourself. No really, stay grounded. Don't become some uppity positive 24/7 cunt. No one likes those people unless they have mental problems.
>>
>>28890040
well, I'm not a negative person. it's not that I'm focusing on negative over positive. It's just this automated humor which doesn't go well with anyone anymore. gotta stop doing that and fins the balance (didn't even think you could be too positive as long as you're not being a faggot)

>>28890018
sucks with my monotone voice. how do I fix this
>>
>>28890147
>sucks with my monotone voice
I've never understood people who say this, monotony is not part of one's voice, it's in how you say things. You can control your cadence and therefore control whether your voice is monotone or not.
>>
>>28890218
I guess that's also doing things wrong for a long time making it normal for you.
So when I speak everything feels right but if I actually record and listen to it doesn't sound good. So to speak with more emotion (or whatever) comes really unnatural and I think people notice this too
>>
>>28889660
i have a coworker who's more sarcastic than me. bantz-ing with her lets me supress my sarcastic ways otherwise
>>
>>28889660
>How do you stop the habit of turning everything you say into jokes that they won't get anyway?

It's terminal.

t. same kind of guy
>>
File: 151.jpg (21 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
21 KB, 600x500
>>28889660
>Actually suppressing sarcasm in social settings
Easiest way is to simply not. My humour and mode of speech tends towards an incredibly sarcastic and caustic theme. If people don't like it, they can deal or peel. No skin off my dick either way.

Authority figures (professors, etc) are the sole exception, and even they don't always get the courtesy. You should really stop caring so much about how others see you and just work on how you see yourself, OP.
>>
everyone finds me funny but also calls me cynical. At home I'm quite arrogant and angry but it's usually due to how slow people are

I find the best solution to be silent, let others talk and if they don't keep your mouth shut anyway, they're gonna feel emberassed sooner than you
>>
I mean...you could just try killing them. quickly and nicely of course because your not a douche like them. you know the rules..date and time stamp
>>
>>28890496
>>28890534
no I do tons of thinking about myself and everything and I am pretty sure about who I am and that I'm not an asshole.

It's like being ugly with a super nice personality. Just instead of my body it's my language which drives people away before they even know what they are missing.
>>
People tend to not pick up on my sarcasm. I think it's because I'm too dry even when I'm speaking 100% seriously.
>>
>>28890685
yes, right. Don't go to school tomorrow guys!
>>
>>28889660
>How do you suppress your sarcastic ways?

Don't have them in the first place.

honestyblox
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.