[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please guys, be honest, do you think depression can be cured?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: 1448631458535.png (1 MB, 1007x1132) Image search: [Google]
1448631458535.png
1 MB, 1007x1132
Please guys, be honest, do you think depression can be cured?

In my opinion, it can't be cured. I've done literally everything in order to get rid of this fucking sadness, including practice sport on daily basis, socializing, reading books, watching movies and documentaries, avoid bad habits like playing videogames, fapping, browsing 4chan, etc... I've been doing all this shit for years, but the situation doesn't improve at all.

I'm so mentally tired already, I hope this ride ends soon.
>>
yea I'm only 8 months into trying and I don't think it's possible

suicide is the fate of the sentient animal
>>
File: 1451073598397.png (8 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451073598397.png
8 KB, 640x480
bump

jlksdfhkjdsahfakdsjhfaksdfj
>>
File: tumblr_ncilz4u44F1tc0avho2_500.gif (715 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncilz4u44F1tc0avho2_500.gif
715 KB, 500x216
>>28886744
>have tried anything
>hasn't done antidepressants

Are you retarded OP? Depression and the many variants of it is the mental Illness we are the most knowledgeable about and the only mental illness considered "easy" to treat. Go to a fucking psychiatrist already. Running only fixes depression for idiots who weren't even depressed to begin with, aka "boo hook I lost my job, I am so depresses types".

If your depression seems to come from nowhere and you can't justify it with feeling sad over something bad that happened to you... Then you have a chemical imbalance and need medication.
>>
File: 16544.png (903 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
16544.png
903 KB, 640x480
If things that caused it can be fixed, it can be cured. Otherwise, dont think so
Im not sure if this even makes sense, but yeah
Im personally a dead body, I dont know whats happening anymore and why. I want to stop feeling
>>
>>28886744
depression is not sadness

A depressed person is not sad, a depressed person is not happy, a depressed person is not angry.
Depression is essentially total indifference.
>>
>>28886744
I've just embraced the fact that I'm lazy and bitter and will never be really happy. works like a charm. I'm not overly happy, but I am by all means okay. Even though everyday I say
"fuck, I hate going to work I just want to stay home in bed"
"fuck, why am I taking the bike to work, it's torture"
"damn, people they annoy me so much"
and so on.

And I'm managing fine.

A common theory is that lying to yourself is what causes depression. some people are not meant to be happy, this doesn't mean that they have to be depressed.
>>
File: Yoko_in_beyond-2.jpg (22 KB, 592x256) Image search: [Google]
Yoko_in_beyond-2.jpg
22 KB, 592x256
>>28886939
>a common theory

What? Where have you read that it is a "common theory" that lying to yourself is what causes depression?

Jfc you're all doomed to remain sorely depressed, too low IQ and generally lacking in education to even know what depression is and why you need antidepressants.
>>
File: Shinobu super sunshine.gif (564 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu super sunshine.gif
564 KB, 350x197
Yes. I do believe it is possible to rid yourself of depression(well most of it). They say every 7 years of you life you're a new person because of new knowledge, experiences, attitude, and your surroundings change. So my assumption would be that if you work at it for a long ass time and find yourself enjoying the little things all along the way you might just find yourself happier overall down the road.

Then again who am I kidding, this board is the embodiment of being a jaded fuckhead, little pep talk like this probably wont do a lick of good nor will it even be read because all this board wants is to fester in its own pain.
>>
>>28887026
well obviously not a common theory by psychologist. But like weird people who just makes stuff up.
>>
I was trying everything for 4 years and so far the only thing that worked was falling in love and then taking shitload of meds.
>>
I think it's an actual physiological problem with the brain, something wrong with the reward response system. Just my uneducated opinion.

Anti-depressants help some people but not many. Treatment with very low-dose opiates has been proposed, which I wish would catch on more. I took kratom daily for two years and it was the closest I've ever gotten to truly being free of depression and anhedonia.
>>
>>28887026
If talking about education you should not that it is not know what causes depression. And that while antidepressants of some sort usually kills the immense feeling of sadness any legal ones don't make you legitimate happy "that would make them illegal because of weird ways of making laws".
>>
>>28887198
wrote quote signs instead of parentheses heh
>>
>>28887198
I agree with this. Meds wont make you happy, just less sad, IF they work.
>>
OP, chin up. I know it must be tiring to hear that, but it's true.

Depression can't be cured. But you can take steps to improve your life so you have less to be "depressed" about. Working out, fine tuning a useful skill, hell, a GF. It won't fix it, but it can distract you, if only for a few hours a day. Sometimes that's all you need. Slowly, you might start to feel better. Maybe even happy. It could take weeks. Months. Years. But you'll get there, I promise.

Relapse is inevitable, for sure. You'll be "happy" one day and then suddenly you've lost your job and your GF breaks up with you and everything is horrible again. But you just kind of keep trucking on through the rough months in hopes you'll find that elusive light again. Don't let yourself stew, that just magnifies the issue.
>>
>>28886744
have you tried creating shit?
music, art, film, writing

whenever I'm on a project that's interesting I can subside the crippling sadness or at least use it as fuel.

begone dirty whores
>>
You cant vomit up a redpill mate or get un-enlightened. Welcome to true reality where you can fight it, let it consume you, or puss out.
>>
>>28887245
things like ecstasy actually does. But it will ware out and then you will feel even worse afterwards unless you keep taking it. And that's dangerous, expensive and illegal.
>>
>>28887421
I dont consider ecstasy a medication. Im sure lsd can make you happy too but they dont sell that in the store.
>>
>>28886744
It can be cured...all you have to do is... stop being a lil bitch!
>>
File: 1457646057444.jpg (106 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1457646057444.jpg
106 KB, 601x601
bump

khsdhfskjdfhsjd
>>
>>28886744

I think Robin Williams proved himself that it cannot be cured
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.