[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nietzsche
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: Nietzsche.gif (1 MB, 1274x955) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.gif
1 MB, 1274x955
Everyone here needs to drop what they're doing and go read Nietzsche
He literally predicted the robot affliction before modernity hadn't come close to crystallizing into the putrid mess we see today
And yet he still found courage to affirm life, even though it drove him mad
>>
>>28885374
My entire philosophy is inspired off of Nietzsche. He actually inspired me to get out of robothood and find something to do in life.
>>
>>28885374
>>28885467
Books to read?
Resources?
>>
Nietzsche is babby's first philosopher. He's basically an insane pervert who wrote a lot of power fantasy cum philosophy satire and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Stirner is better if you're into that kind of thing
>>
>>28885374
I was obesessed with Nietzsche as a teenager. Ultimately his phiosophy rejects compassion and is fundamentally anti-humanitarian and misogynistic. I can see every robot loving him. I moved on from Nietzsche and I probably cling to soothing slave morality like the pathetic little untermensch I am. I don't know what to think anymore.
>>
>>28885493
Just go in order, I'm sure you could torrent them or find them online
There's an audiobook version of Beyond Good and Evil on youtube, though I really recommend having the text in front of you because this guy drops mad knowledge that sounds utterly foreign until you mull it over long enough
>>
>>28885374

We need some quotes, please.
>>
>>28885547
This is a good post because you started out like you were better than Nietzsche but admitted your inferiority as he would have wanted you to
>>
Who /kierkegaard/ here?
>>
>>28885493
The Geneaology of Morals gives his clearest ideas on ethics. Thus Spake Zarathustra is beautifully written but it's pretty hard to get through unless you sort of already familiar with his philosophy.
>>
File: Maria_spoonfeeding.jpg (186 KB, 672x508) Image search: [Google]
Maria_spoonfeeding.jpg
186 KB, 672x508
>>28885493

You'll find stuff here:
> http://www.openculture.com/2014/11/download-nietzsches-major-works-as-free-ebooks.html
>>
I based my life philosophy on Nietzsche, but its true that he doesnt leave much place for compassion on the weak.
>>
>>28885596

Existentialim.

kek.

I should give it a shot one day...
>>
>>28885591
I never thought I was better and I don't affirm my inferiority. (the post was sarcasm you dense fuck). As I said, Nietzsche rejects compassion because he thinks it's rooted in the resentment and fear of slaves. Thus Nietzsche thinks that trivial people suffer trivilally and their suffering is necessary if it gives rise to the Ubermensch. Nietzsche was kind of evil and he really messed my head up as a teenager. I don't know if there is any truth in what he said but obviously he had to will to truth; it's all about the will to power.
>>
>>28885590
"There are no facts, only interpretations."
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
"Women are considered profound. Why? Because we never fathom their depths. But women aren't even shallow."

And on eternal recurrence:
"The heaviest burden: "What, if some day or night, a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life, as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life must return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned over again and again-and you with it, speck of dust!' Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god, and never have I heard anything more divine!' If this thought were to gain possession of you, it would change you as you are, or perhaps crush you. The question in each and every thing, "do you want this once more and innumerable times more?" would lie upon your actions as the greatest weight. Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?."

>this enlightens the robot
>>
File: 1450451970382.jpg (211 KB, 1462x1750) Image search: [Google]
1450451970382.jpg
211 KB, 1462x1750
I like Camus much better than Nietzsche
>>
>>28885493
Start off with the Birth Of Tradgedy and go from there, just look up "Books by Nietzsche".
>>
>>28885596
I was surprised by his positivity.
>>
>>28885493

Beyond Good And Evil
Twilight Of The Idols

Ignore Das Sprach. It's long, rambling, half of it is Bible parody and the actual philosophy is too easy to misinterpret, if not interpret at all.
>>
>>28885374
Russell gives a simple criticism of Nietzsche. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVHdYSPGke8
>>
>>28885547
How is Nietzsche misogynistic? I can see how one might interpret him as anti compassion but how is it hating on women?
>>
>>28885546
> Stirner is better if you're into that kind of thing
To me Stirner seems more about "power fantasy" desu. I don't understand why I'm seeing his name almost every time someone criticizes Nietzsche.
>>
>>28885686

It doesn't beat Schopenhauer.
>>
>>28885675
Well it's evil but it's honestly right. Also how is it misogynistic?
>>
>>28885736
>How is Nietzsche misogynistic?
Is this a serious question?

http://4umi.com/nietzsche/zarathustra/18
>>
>>28885748
True, Schopenhauer is the ultimate robot philosopher.
>>
>>28885736

Nietzsche hated women. His philosophies on women are typically REEE tier.
>>
>>28885828
>Not realizing that what a character says in a book is different from what the author considers a universal truth
Nietzsche said in Beyond Good and Evil that whatever he has to say about "women as such" is permanently stained with his own biases against them. So, it's unfair to say that Nietzsche was philosophically misogynistic, as he didn't advocate misogyny as a true misogynist would. Rather, he simply had a distaste for women due to his interactions with them in his own life, a sentiment that probably every robot can sympathize with.
>>
>>28885740

Stirner explored the same ideas as
Nietzsche but earlier and more succinctly, though he probably wasn't a direct influence on him.

Stirner is better if you want a more practical philosophy.
>>
>>28885778
For woman man is a means: the end is always the child. But what is woman for man?
The true man wants two things: danger and play. Therefore he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
Man should be trained for war and woman for the recreation of the warrior: all else is folly.
Whom does woman hate most?--Thus spoke the iron to the magnet: "I hate you most because you attract, but are not strong enough to pull me to you."
The happiness of man it: I will. The happiness of woman is: he wills.
"Behold, just now the world has become perfect!"--thus thinks every woman when she obeys with all her love.
And woman must obey, and find a depth for her surface. Woman's nature is surface, a mobile stormy film over shallow water.
But a man's nature is deep, his current roars in subterranean caverns: woman senses its strength, but does not comprehend it.--
Then the little old woman answered me: "Zarathustra has said many fine things, expecially for those who are young enough for them.
"It's strange, Zarathustra knows little about woman, and yet he is right about them! Is this because with women nothing is impossible?
"And now accept as thanks a little truth! I am surely old enough for it!
"Swaddle it up and hold its mouth: otherwise it will scream too loudly, this little truth."
"Give me, woman, your little truth!" I said. And thus spoke the little old woman:
"You go to women? Do not forget your whip!"--
Thus spoke Zarathustra.
>>
>>28885828
>http://4umi.com/nietzsche/zarathustra/18

Ok but you realize that one doesn't have to completely follow his philosophy, you can agree with some aspects of it but disagree with others. Also for a depressed robot who constantly suffers >tfw no gf, this is honestly a way to get out of that hole and find something better to do than wallow in sadness about not having a gf, it's the perfect psychological replacement by saying "naw women are shit lol"
>>
>>28885939
And woman must obey, and find a depth for her surface. Woman's nature is surface, a mobile stormy film over shallow water.
But a man's nature is deep, his current roars in subterranean caverns: woman senses its strength, but does not comprehend it.--

That sentence fascinated me when I first read it as a teenager.
>>
>>28885955
>Ok but you realize that one doesn't have to completely follow his philosophy, you can agree with some aspects of it but disagree with others.

Of course, but misogyny is pretty interlinked with a lot of what Nietzsche has to say about morality and culture. Selfless compassion, weakness and 'slave morality' are essentially feminine values. Nietzsche wants to promote mascualine master morality amongst the male ubermensch ruling class; despite being admired by Nazis, anarchists and (bizarrely) some marxists, the only political system Nietzsche had sympathy for was aristocracy. Rule of the warrior-philosopher kings.
>>
>>28885982

It's really meh compared to Schopenhauer's Essay on Women.
>>
"Whom does woman hate most?--Thus spoke the iron to the magnet: "I hate you most because you attract, but are not strong enough to pull me to you." "

Literally just explained women's hatred for betas in a single aphorism.
This guy was onto some shit
>>
>>28885922
> Stirner is better if you want a more practical philosophy.
I'm not sure about that. I think Stirner is like de Sade without perversions, but Nietzsche is something different. More positive maybe, I don't know how to say.
>>
>>28886093
> the only political system Nietzsche had sympathy for was aristocracy
I don't think he really had sympathy for any system, but I won't wind a quotation. "Warrior-philosophers" does not sound like his ideas.
>>
Nietzsche was a faggot who couldn't write coherently to save his life.

> claims to say in ten sentences what others say in a book
> proceeds to use two pages for something that would fit in one sentence

When a jap rpg outdoes you, you're a shit-tier philosopher.
>>
what is this Nietzsche? shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1375205921948s.jpg (11 KB, 227x191) Image search: [Google]
1375205921948s.jpg
11 KB, 227x191
>>28886125
What the actual fuck
nietzsche blox
>>
>>28886208
kill urself
thanks
>>
>>28886093
>Of course, but misogyny is pretty interlinked with a lot of what Nietzsche has to say about morality and culture. Selfless compassion, weakness and 'slave morality' are essentially feminine values.

Huh? How are those particularly feminine values? They're pretty much popular throughout a lot of religions and stuff like that.
Also, I don't think Nietzsche would fully support aristocracy because of two things:
1. It would deny the serfs of the aristocracy their will to power as they don't even have a shot at rising up.
2. The aristrocrats themselves could fall for slave morality and become untermensch.
>>
>>28885709
Russel was also a cuck and he had a very, very poor understanding of Nietzsche, to the point where it was pretty clear he hadn't read anything other than Zarathustra and it went way over his head.
>>
>>28886339
Yeah tbf Russell was an actual cuck. As in he actually let other men sleep with his woman and got angry with himself for being 'irrationally' jealous. That is some top-level cuckoldry.
>>
>>28886313
Nietzsche liked aristocracy better than democracy (he fought Plato on every front except for politics where he said Plato was entirely correct) but he looked at the Indian caste system as the ultimate refinement of the aristocratic system and found it lacking because it generated false consciousness, people thought they were better by birth rather than better because their birth afforded them a superior education.

Nietzsche was actually strongly opposed to the conception of inborn 'genius' and said that everyone got everything they had through hard work, it didn't matter if you were 'born to be' a genius at calculus if you were too lazy to learn addition. He would look down on IQ as a measure of intellect and laugh his ass off at anyone claiming to be superior for having a higher one. To him all that mattered was what you actually did.

Nietzsche sees life as becoming rather than being, he would see someone like a robot and say that they are living dead.
>>
File: 1464236032399.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464236032399.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>28885687

>"imagine sisyphus happy"

The philosophical equivalent of just b urself
>>
>>28886630
>Nietzsche was actually strongly opposed to the conception of inborn 'genius' and said that everyone got everything they had through hard work, it didn't matter if you were 'born to be' a genius at calculus if you were too lazy to learn addition. He would look down on IQ as a measure of intellect and laugh his ass off at anyone claiming to be superior for having a higher one. To him all that mattered was what you actually did.

That's honestly the part of his philosophy that got me out of robothood, it gave me the motivation to improve myself and realize that "muh genius but lazy" meme just shows that those people are pathetic, it let me realize that I was being pathetic and that I needed to make myself better.

>Nietzsche sees life as becoming rather than being, he would see someone like a robot and say that they are living dead.

Isn't that a good thing? Doesn't it show robots the errors in their way?
>>
And on eternal recurrence:
"The heaviest burden: "What, if some day or night, a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life, as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life must return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned over again and again-and you with it, speck of dust!' Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god, and never have I heard anything more divine!' If this thought were to gain possession of you, it would change you as you are, or perhaps crush you. The question in each and every thing, "do you want this once more and innumerable times more?" would lie upon your actions as the greatest weight. Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?."

Plz expand upon this and make it modern day relatable
>>
>>28886819
In which book did he talk about it? (genius and stuff)
>>
>>28886919
This is my favorite part of Nietzche's philosophy
>>
>>28886711
That's not at all what it means retard, it means people generally enjoy the struggle as much as the result
>>
>>28885686
wow

moar, which books?
>>
>>28885939
legendary, Im about to read it.
>>
>>28885493
read the Will to Power his documents he was writing in
its the best of all his philosophy its about 1000 bages of notebook entries
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.