[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Stopped taking ssri's after taking it for 2 years >Did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1396705716226.png (2 MB, 3500x4194) Image search: [Google]
1396705716226.png
2 MB, 3500x4194
>Stopped taking ssri's after taking it for 2 years
>Did not taper off or anything
>Side effects are killing me
what did I do to deserve this? ;_;
>>
You stopped taking SSRIs. Why?
>>
>>28885181
they are shit and I dont want to be dependant on any medication any longer
>>
>>28885155
Which ones were you taking? I'm on zoloft, feeling ok so far
>>
>>28885155
its good to get off them but you should obviously taper off. also, actually do other things that will really help your depression if you want to get better.
>>
Went Cold Turkey on my SSRI's, they didn't help me at all and had side effects. Didn't notice any effects from quitting them, possibly because I frequently smoked weed at the time.
>>
I'm on antipsychotics I know how Hellish it is to even taper off of them. It's good you want to get off of your meds but you really should taper and maybe replace it with something else that's not as strong so you don't fall into an even deeper depression.

I realize that these meds are shit but I'd feel awful without them
>>
>>28885155
Take a half dose for a while, then a quarter and then stop. It's what I did and it worked quite well
>>
>>28885155
i urged my girlfriend to get off of SSRIs after a year and a half on them.

after about a year she actually feels self-motivated to pursue her interests and tells me she's terrified that in the past she wasn't afraid of killing herself.

you should probably try to make a friend because it was hard for my girlfriend and we're literally our only friends. without the other we have no one, and even with me there it was fucking hard for her. she threw temper tantrums a lot too and i was ready to tell her to fuck off several times.

try to go out and try to make a friend. if not anything else, just try to keep going, and don't stop trying
>>
Can you guys tell me the side effects youre experiencing, im going to talk to my psychiatrist about quitting my meds this monday so im interested
>>
>>28885706
It's pretty hard to muster up the motivation for anything when you're a depressed friendless virgin NEET. Why would anyone want to be my friend or gf?
>>
>>28885782
because you're not the only one, anon. it's really fucking hard to believe, but i promise, if you keep trying, you'll see one day that you're not the only one.
>>
>>28885780
there a positive side effecte as well there a negative ones.
my hardest problem is i sweat like a monster, really its nearly unbearable.
but im never tired, super mood, wake up without beeing tired at all, very less hunger.
also all ssri delay your ejaculation.
im taking zoloft + wellbutrin, would recommend.
>>
>>28885155

meds have never helped depression only pushed it to the side and covered it up

its a biological problem that needs a biological fix
>>
>>28885900
I know other people go through their problems. It just always seems like they have someone who helps them through their troubled times. I know a gf wouldn't solve everything but I can't help but think it might make my life slightly less worthless.

I do try to go out but I usually end up making myself even more dejected, and I have a hard time talking to people because of how pathetic I feel. It must reflect in my speech and body language, clearly there's something about me that's totally off putting. It's hard to try and pick myself up when I seem doomed to be miserable and alone forever and spiral down more and more.
>>
>>28886558
its a problem of the brain chemicals and antidepressants do their work there.
>>
>>28886661
If you're afraid you're off-putting to others and that it's preventing you from being more open and outgoing, then what you need to do is start working out and taking care of yourself. I realized in middle school people didn't want to talk to someone with a unibrow and yellow teeth. Other things about me like how I took care of my hair and how I talked about politics or when to help a stranger and when not to didn't really come to until I was 21. You won't know what it is about you that's off-putting to others until after you try to take care of yourself in every way.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.