[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating healthy as a poorfag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 20160516170919.jpg (53 KB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
20160516170919.jpg
53 KB, 500x307
>get told to start eating healthy if i want to feel happier
>try it for a while
>takes longer than regular shit
>costs more
Does anyone have any decent stuff that doesn't take ages to cook and is suitable for a poorfag budget, if not then I might just switch to Soylent

>inb4 go to /ck/, i've been there before and beginner threads like this normally get btfo
>>
Invest in a rice cooker. Buy zucchini and mushrooms. Chop'm up, throw it in your rice cooker along with your rice. 20-30 mins later you have food.
>>
the healthiest diet for a poor young man is
>not eating
just don't eat! one easy step and it's free!
>>
>>28884561
Hilarious
>>28884440
Mushrooms seem to make me sick for some reason, I make rice quite frequently though
>>
>>28884168

How can it cost more to eat healthy?
The healthiest foods are the cheapest.

>Rice
>Lentils
>Beans

These three things are actually cheaper than ramen noodles when you buy them in bulk, AND way healthier AND more versatile.
>>
I tried the all soylent diet and it gave me really watery shits.
>>
Dude a pound of chicken is like 2.99 or some shit the problem with eating healthy is that you must cook your self
>>
>>28885004
The main cost for me is all the fruit and veg, maybe I'm just getting ripped off
>>28885597
I'll probably switch it out with cereal or a sandwich/rice but having Soylent the rest of the time doesn't sound too bad
>>28885633
Yeah this is a factor as well, most of the time I can be fucked to go to the effort of making stuff that takes ages and doesn't even taste that good when I can get something from a shop virtually straight away. Trying to freeze meals in bulk to avoid this though
>>
File: 200284895-003.jpg (70 KB, 359x478) Image search: [Google]
200284895-003.jpg
70 KB, 359x478
>>28885927
>veg

Back to dumblr.
>>
>>28886117
>spouts memes and buzzwords to avoid actually putting across a reasoned point
Might need to head back there yourself senpai
>>
>>28885927
>fruit and veg, maybe I'm just getting ripped off
I don't know what its lie in your country but you should be able to buy big bags of carrots, onions and frozen peas cheaply and then look for seasonal or deals on other cheapish vegetables

Fruit is often expensive and may not be as healthy as you think considering the sugar can be quite high
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.