[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Kale and "superfoods" in general one huge meme (snake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: kale-852033_1920.jpg (732 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kale-852033_1920.jpg
732 KB, 1920x1080
Is Kale and "superfoods" in general one huge meme (snake oil)? Like no shit it's better than cake, but why everywhere I look say Kale is end all be all the healthiest food ever? If I eat Kale, drink Naked/water, and a grilled chicken everyday for a month am I now super Jesus?

I really don't get it. Especially Avacado, it's full of just as much shitty oils and fats as there are good.
>>
>>28883292
Kale? Yes. Other superfoods? Yes. Well balanced diet (for you, cause well balanced robot diet is not the same as pro weightlifter diet) is the best. Also, oils and fats are not even that bad for you, just don't fucking stuff your face with them.
>>
>>28883393
Of course they're not that bad. Literally nothing is bad for you except for trans fat (funny when you think about it). I'm just wondering why shell out the extra couple bucks for a Kale salad when I could just have a basic lettuce salad.

They're both leafy greens.
>>
Naked is owned by Coca Cola, let that tell you all you need to know about super foods.
>>
>>28883614
Naked is owned by Pepsi.

And what does that have to do with anything?
>>
File: 1461810272695.jpg (65 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1461810272695.jpg
65 KB, 768x1024
Its a meme targeted at women. Like most corporate memes. Women are easy to sell bullshit to compared to men. Other women-oriented memes include "smart water," mall clothes, and feminism.
>>
>>28883664
Sorry you're right. Odwalla is owned by Coca Cola I can't keep this shit straight anymore.

All I'm saying is the people pushing this healthy drinks bs are all big soda companies so that you'll buy more sweet garbage. If you wanna eat kale go for it, kale isn't bad for you, but it is a fad. Or "snake oil" as OP said.

Tho if you want to grow some greens kale does grow really fast. I personally find kale gross.
>>
File: imblying2.png (214 KB, 495x519) Image search: [Google]
imblying2.png
214 KB, 495x519
>>28883779
>kale does grow really fast

that shit grows slow AF. spinach,chard,lettuce all grow faster than kale.
>>
The thing about the avocado is you should somehow also eat the inside of the pit for a full nutritional effect.

Considering plants with balanced fats and amino acids perfectly tailored for human health hemp seeds are perfect.

Kale has a higher density of anti-oxidants compared to other leafy greens, and tastes better than steak.

Average, good kale and avacado is way tastier modestly prepared than a perfectly pan seared, breaded and fried, smoked, or soaked and charcoal grilled chicken.

The umami of kale is outrageous, and the protein in avocado is extremely nice. But eating meat to feed mind control parasites prevents knowing the intensity of such flavors.

Naked juice is trash sugar water.

Keto diet where carbs like sugar and gluten are completely cut for green fiber and meat will have you feeling pretty high a month's time. Eating / juicing etc. a vegan diet without the sugars and processed carbs will have you feeling even better. Though it takes over half a year to detox from parasites so you could also feel terrible.

The sect of Yahuwshua did not holocaust animals.
>>
Theres no such thing as a super food. All dark leafy greens are good as fuck for you like collard greens spinach kale chard. If you hate vegetables you can safely eat a cup of one of these a cup of mixed berries and be set assuming your diet isn't shit.

Just read the nutrition for collard greens and you'll understand
>>
>>28883852
Does it? I feel like every time I grow kale I have way too much of it.
>>
>>28883779
>Sorry you're right. Odwalla is owned by Coca Cola I can't keep this shit straight anymore.
It's understandable. There's so many fucking companies under bigger names you wouldn't expect. My parents work at Nestle, and little did I know Deer Park AND Nestle water are both theirs. Along with their other shit like Hot Pockets and Stoffers.

>All I'm saying is the people pushing this healthy drinks bs are all big soda companies so that you'll buy more sweet garbage
I agree to a degree. Vitamin water and "smart" water is the biggest fucking meme on Earth, but if you actually take a look at Naked it's literally just a smoothie like you'd make in a blender at home. I pay for them, but I work in a grocery store nab a couple on occasion. Pretty good imo, albeit overpriced.
>>
>>28883889
>The thing about the avocado is you should somehow also eat the inside of the pit for a full nutritional effect.
I didn't know this was a thing.

>Kale has a higher density of anti-oxidants compared to other leafy greens, and tastes better than steak.
How do you eat it? I have baby Kale and spinach mixed with a lite red italian dressing every morning in place of a sugary cereal.

>Naked juice is trash sugar water
It's all natural sugar. It tastes like that because they shove 20 strawberries and other fruit into one bottle while a healthy smoothie contains veggies.
>>
>>28883937
>I pay for them
I don't pay for them*

I fucked up.
>>
>tfw eating celery dipped in fresh salsa
literally the best snack
>>
>>28884125
Having all the associated fiber to match the sugars is absolutely critical, regardless of where the fructose comes from.

You do have to cook kale to make it taste like steak, quickly steamed lightly tossed in oil of choice, yeast flakes, liquid aminos, and a little apple cider vinegar and black pepper (you could use these to get rid of the canola or soy dressing). Heat does detract from the nutritional value.
>>
>>28883292
>Kale
I thought this meme died by 2015.
>>
>>28884588
But still,
I like kale.
>>
>>28884470
>Having all the associated fiber to match the sugars is absolutely critical
That's true. Everything that makes fruit good is lost in the heating process. It's so much cheaper to juice your own shit anyway. I wonder if I can make or find a good kale smoothie. Maybe I can mix kale+kiwi and some homegrown mint or dill.

That recipe sounds great though. Regardless of the heat, the nutritional value is better than 99% of the average American meal.
>>
>>28883530
Kale as well as spinach are much better for you overall than lettuce, ESPECIALLY ice berg lettuce which has next to no nutritional value at all. Romaine lettuce is a worthy alternative, but spinach and kale are still widely regarded as the healthiest due to how nutritionally dense they are despite having very little calories.

What people often fail to realize is that you need to eat A LOT of it to get the full benefits of it. 1 serving of spinach/kale/leafy lettuce or just leafy greens in general is 2 cups. You need 5 servings in a day to get the full benefits of it, that's 10 cups a day. It's much less convenient then something like broccoli where you don't need to eat as much per serving.

So in conclusion, no, it's not bullshit, but plenty of people are idiots who can't into portion sizes so they might as well be eating fast food.
>>
>>28885006
>ESPECIALLY ice berg lettuce which has next to no nutritional value at all
It's basically a fancier celery. Shit's all water.
>>
No such thing as superfoods. Though kale, chicken breasts, and oats are excellent food if you're trying to reduce your body fat while during a cut.
>>
>>28883779
>>28883937
Gotta plug the app Buycott here. Lets you scan a bar code and see all of the parent companies of a product. Also tells you if your interests conflict with any of those company's, or parent company's, actions.
>>
>>28885006
Google says one cup is a serving size for leafy vegetables. 1/2 a cup for non leafy veg. 5 is suggested per day for guys and 3-4 for women.
>>
>>28883292
I don't think there is such thing as a superfood but it is a good idea to eat a variety of vegetables every day for micronutrients, or vitamins. Obviously they don't have a lot of macronutrients, or calories, which is why you are eating it for the vitamins only.
>>
>>28887000
Vitamins are a non-issue if you follow a normal (non-fastfood) diet.
Anti-oxidants and (dissolvable) fiber are what's up
Superfoods don't exist
Well maybe the Okinawan sweet potato, because how else do they eat 80% of it as their diet and have the highest centenarian ratio
>>
>>28885228
This guy knows how it is.

Superfoods are a meme, bottled water is a meme, naked juice is a meme, kale water is a meme.

But healthy eating in general isn't.

A balanced diet is a 'superfood'.
>>
>>28883292
There's a lot of money in the diet industry. Money is always the explanation
>>
>>28883292
According to my nutritional therapist relative, when she and her fellow cultists call kale and other things "superfoods", all they mean is that it's more nutrient dense than other foods usually are. They don't literally mean it'll solve all your problems and make you super Jesus.
>>
File: 1445214025274.jpg (320 KB, 960x853) Image search: [Google]
1445214025274.jpg
320 KB, 960x853
>now original blah blah blah dsfargeg
>>
>>28887098
>Well maybe the Okinawan sweet potato, because how else do they eat 80% of it as their diet and have the highest centenarian ratio

Would you call grass a super food? After all it consists of 100% of a rabbits diet.

Real humans who are more of the like of a wolf and less of the like of a rabbit have no need for any particular superfoods. It's a liberal pipe dream, they want nothing more than to fuck a lot, have single mothers, have excess of food from the government not at all unlike a big grass field. Whereas wolds value their offspring, train them to hunt for food, they don't have as many offspring because they value them too much.

Liberals are usually r selected species (google that shit), like rabbits, and they are the ones who will run their mouths about superfoods.
>>
>>28887311
>wolds

so tired today. I meant wolves.
>>
>>28883292
Kale is a meme, but leafy greens are not a meme.

Kale, cabbage, spinach, collard greens, bok choy, chard, and some lettuces are high-power nutrition and you should be eating them every day.

>Avacado, it's full of just as much shitty oils and fats

No one gets diabetes from eating too many avocados. They're not diet food, but they're healthy. If you replace butter or animal fat with avocado fat, you're doing yourself a favor.

It's hard to separate the truth from the dank memes, but once you figure it out, it all makes sense. Eat complex carbs in moderation, healthy fats in moderation, high protein, and loads of raw fruits and veg and you'll be healthy.

>muh flax
>muh chia
>muh maca

memes. Not necessary for good health. Might help, but not a staple.

Check the food pyramid bro, it's got you.
>>
>>28887311
Conservatives are wolves because they eat the rabbits? But rabbits will outlive the wolves because they have a healthy diet. Also the wolves will die in winter when the rabbits rent their little government subsidized houses
>>
>>28887583
I use wolves and rabbits to demonstrate K vs r reproductive strategies. Humans with the r reproductive strategy (most people I would say) are not literally rabbits. They just have a likeness to them in terms of reproductive strategy.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.